JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BBC News - Newtown shootings: Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...a-carney-newtown-assault-weapons-ban/1777793/
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324461604578188680585236550.html

Rather then condemning the naive people here who thought Obama was pro-gun and voted for him and defended him and swore that he would never dare want to take our guns and our God given right to keep and bear arms.. No, that could never happen. Yeah right! I am not shocked at all about this and saw it happening.. I just didn't think it would happen so fast. I knew Bammy Hussein was smart and was waiting for the next mass shooting to push forward the anti-gun legislation

Thank you for everyone who did their best to try to keep Obama Hussein from having a 2nd term in the White House. Now, him and his thugs in DC will do everything in power to strip us of not only our right to bear semi automatic weapons, but eventually to remove our rights to own any type of firearm, deemed not appropriate for "sport".

All I can say is I am disgusted, disgusted so many who cherished their freedom thought it was not worth uniting to keep him out of the White House, but rather we spent so much time fighting our selves. I don't think Romney would have sided with the Democrats on this issue and would have backed off from any AWB. However, Obama is all too happy to embrace it. I highly doubt party pressure is what has enticed, one of the most anti-gun politicians in our nation's history for pursuing an Assault Weapons Ban.

It's time to stand up for our freedoms.. I was going to buy another AR-15, as I felt it was a good time to stock up, but it appears the gun buying frenzy is the largest on record. Now the greedy gun dealers who are responsible for a lot of the buying frenzy and price gouging are reselling many of these ARs for prices well above retail. I refuse to pay inflated gun prices, so now I am going to have to search hard for a sane deal or just forget about it. Supposedly 16,000,000 or more ATF background checks performed since the time of the shooting. Some have reported this is a record number of gun purchases made in such a short period of time.

I wish I had better words to say.. Those who voted for Obama, well I don't think there is anything I can say to you that you already don't know.. I don't want to get political or live in the past.. I rather focus on the present.

The 2nd Amendment is not for sale.. It's not adjustable or not applicable in the 21st century. Rewriting the Constitution will not only result in the deaths of 30 more school children, but 1000s more of innocent children. Our government makes a mockery and shame of those innocents who were murdered to push their vile and draconian agendas.

I seem to recall that in the Romney vs.Obama race, Romney was the only one who had endorsed and signed an assault weapon ban.

I care not for either man, either party, nor their agendas, nor their owners.

I seem to recall that in the Romney vs.Obama race, Romney was the only one who had endorsed and signed an assault weapon ban.I care not for either man, either party, nor their agendas, nor their owners.

And yet here we are with obammy the rest of his distruction does not count I'm sure. Ya its Bushs and Romneys fault.If you don't think this was waitng for a good crisis to not go to waste, This is what he mean't to the brady camp. Just another part of the distruction of America.

Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar' - Guns - Fox Nation

BBC News - Newtown shootings: Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'
Obama backs new assault weapons ban
Obama Taps Biden to Oversee Gun-Control Efforts - WSJ.com

It's time to stand up for our freedoms.. I was going to buy another AR-15, as I felt it was a good time to stock up, but it appears the gun buying frenzy is the largest on record. Now the greedy gun dealers who are responsible for a lot of the buying frenzy and price gouging are reselling many of these ARs for prices well above retail. I refuse to pay inflated gun prices, so now I am going to have to search hard for a sane deal or just forget about it. Supposedly 16,000,000 or more ATF background checks performed since the time of the shooting. Some have reported this is a record number of gun purchases made in such a short period of time.

Sorry to get off topic but if you are in the market for a AR Wholesale Sports in Vancouver had several Colt 6920 ( Magpuls ) for sale, no price jacking either ( $1133 ). I was in and out in 20 minutes Monday night. Guy let me pick one from a sealed box as well.

Brownells has Magpul PMags in stock as of last night. ( $13 or so )

Midway USA also has PMags for sale, limit of 2 though.

Of course all this may be gone as of now as I haven't looked. It looks to me like this is going to be a bigger run than 2008 which was the biggest I have ever seen. Crazy times.

Hopefully this helps someone.

I didn't matter who won, the assault on the second amendment was baked in. How funny it is the kool-aid drinkers forget Bush's words, "if an assault ban came to me, I would sign it". Let's also not forget his fathers signing a ban and creating 18 USC 922r.

Romney was a joke of a conservative and his ***-whooping showed it.

Sorry to get off topic but if you are in the market for a AR Wholesale Sports in Vancouver had several Colt 6920 ( Magpuls ) for sale, no price jacking either ( $1133 ). I was in and out in 20 minutes Monday night. Guy let me pick one from a sealed box as well.

Brownells has Magpul PMags in stock as of last night. ( $13 or so )

Midway USA also has PMags for sale, limit of 2 though.

Of course all this may be gone as of now as I haven't looked. It looks to me like this is going to be a bigger run than 2008 which was the biggest I have ever seen. Crazy times.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Anyone try and buy something online sites are down from traffic and out of stock with jacked up Price's. All I was trying to do was buy two g19 Mag's and everybody was out or selling them for 30 a mag.

I didn't matter who won, the assault on the second amendment was baked in. How funny it is the kool-aid drinkers forget Bush's words, "if an assault ban came to me, I would sign it". Let's also not forget his fathers signing a ban and creating 18 USC 922r.

Romney was a joke of a conservative and his ***-whooping showed it.

Oh really it didnt matter huh. I guess we will never find out now

We'll go the way the United Nations wants. "No armed citizens in the US". The UN agenda is to disarm all of us. China thinks it's a good idea too. So let's be realistic, we aren't going down easy. What can we do?

Romney may of signed a ban in the past. But his current stance is far different than the one obama has publicly held for a long time. Trying to justify your position based on Romneys past or to even go back to something that Bush 'might' of done is assinine at the very least.
Let's all recall all the posts by the lefties here about how obama wasn't goin.g to do anything, about how we conservatives were just hardest and jumping to conclusions etc...
We all heard what he aId in the debates and read his history on th 2A. But you still voted him in.
Thanks for making sure there would vs an 'assault' on my weapons.

All you folks that are trying to deflect blame and change the topic make me want to ralph. This was predicted by any number of men on this forum long before this latest round of shootings. The usefull idiots here defended obama over and over and now are trying to pretend that it really doesn't matter who is President bla, bla, bla. Well, it sure as hell does matter. And those of you that didn't vote at all are more pathetic than the sympathizers. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that this is happening in the USA. To me this crap is largely due to a couple of generations of people that fell victim to our public education system. Kevtac will be along shortly. I'm going to go look for a shovel. Ken

The worst part of this potential ban, is none of the liberal voters will come and defend their decisions and actions. But God help us if the ban DOESN'T go through. This site will become nothing BUT liberals beating their chests about how they were right. It won't be a victory for gun owners, it will be a victory for the liberals that voted this fool back into the WH, disregarding his previous 4 years of absolute uselessness. THAT is what makes me want to ralph

I willing voted for Obama and would do so again - if the best candidate you Reps can provide is Romney then you guys deserved to lose. I wonder if he will try to run again in 2016 which would make him a three time loser. I feel that who ever was voted in based on recent inicidents that we would be facing 2A issues. You really think that mowing 20 kids down is not going to have a public impact or outcry regardless of who is in the whitehouse? I still dont think the Reps are much different than the Dems regardless of what they say when it comes to getting the public on thier side,, neither side really care about our rights, they are doing what they need to do to remain in power.

Us gun owners are a minority in this country and wether we like it the majority will try to make us all feel better by controlling the the things that made this country great, one of which being our guns. The problem as I see it is that us gun owners are not doing anything to control who should and should not have guns. Loghner and Lanza and the kid in the CTC should not of had access to firearms as proven by thier actions. Why were these guns not locked upespecially in families where the parents know that the offsping ha mental issues. In the case of Lanza , the mother got shot and is in my mind the perpatator for not dealing with the known issue that her son had problems but was too stupid to secure here firearms when she wasnt home. As gun owners why are we not policing our own? We worry about our rights, what about the rights of those who have lost thier lifes to these criminals and teh ones that will lose thier rights and lifes in the future? Is the cost of freedom paid for in the blood of loved ones? I will not give up my guns because I do not think that is the solution to the problem, wether I have 5 , 6 or 30 rounds in a gun I can reload as many times as I need. It takes a certain type of person to use that on others and then to use it on themselves. How do we identy that type of person before they commit these crimes? We will never get them all but would like to reduce the odds of these crimes from happenig again.

James Ruby

We will never get them all but would like to reduce the odds of these crimes from happenig again.

James Ruby
If that is what you want to do, then pass laws against "Gun Free" zones, especially schools.
The people that do these things aren't looking for a fight. They want to avoid fights.
They aren't looking to test their skills.

They are cowards, and,...
They are looking for VICTIMS.
Victims in schools.
Victims in theaters.
victims in shopping malls.

We train teachers and school administrators what to do in the event of a fire, yet school fires haven't killed a single child on over 50 YEARS!
The people running our schools ARE IN DENIAL.
But since Columbine, since Thurston, since Virginia Tech, how many "active shooter" classes have been taught TO teachers and admin personnel?
I would wager none.

Why aren't police in schools teaching the teachers about the uses and limitations of firearms?
Why aren't they at schools regularly training with the teachers how best to protect the kids?
Teaching them about the best defensible spaces?
Teaching them how not to be VICTIMS.
Because teachers and administrators are in DENIAL!

Classes are taught all over the country how women can avoid being a victim of rape.
How blacks can avoid being a victim of racial/hate crimes.
How store owners can prevent being robbed.

Stop the denial by school boards and administrators. Teach them, and in turn have them teach their charges how to avoid being a victim.
It goes beyond "stranger danger."
Stop with the denial and the passive measures. Be proactive.
And eliminate "Gun Free Zones."

Denial is the enemy.
Denial that evil exists.
Denial that it "can't/won't affect us here."
Denial that school personnel and/or students can be empowered, and fight back in their own defense.

Time to bring this government to a screeching halt. Boehner should immediately withdraw all concessions he offered to avoid the fiscal cliff, and start demanding more concessions that he wants from the Dems.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top