JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brady Campaign a bigger debate loser than Obama

Barack Obama’s public dismemberment in Wednesday night’s debate with Republican Mitt Romney was bad, but a bigger loser than the president was the Brady Campaign because it failed to bully nearly-absent moderator Jim Lehrer ahead of time to interject gun control into the discussion.

<broken link removed>

How about this coming from a nuetral site instead of a pro gun site that has a purpose for making up / fabricating the information they post on the web. I question the source and the intent - why hasnt this come out other places than a small website dedicarted to firearms. I hope the brady campaign did screw up but there has to be a better source for such info.

James Ruby

How about this coming from a nuetral site instead of a pro gun site that has a purpose for making up / fabricating the information they post on the web. I question the source and the intent - why hasnt this come out other places than a small website dedicarted to firearms. I hope the brady campaign did screw up but there has to be a better source for such info.

James Ruby

I understand your concern but they have a screen shot of their website and then the post that was deleted. The Brady Campaign is largely ignored so I don't expect anyone in the MSM to report on this.

Sounds fishy to me - I bet if we got together we could make a document put Brady on it and pass it off as the real thing. I am just not willing to beleive it until it comes from reputable nuetral source.

James Ruby

Sounds fishy to me - I bet if we got together we could make a document put Brady on it and pass it off as the real thing. I am just not willing to beleive it until it comes from reputable nuetral source.

James Ruby

Well please explain just who the heck/what you think would be "neutral"... Chris (the squaking parrot) Mathews? Rachel (pseudo manly voice) Madow? Ed (walking heart attack) Schultz? Alan (ugly woman dressed as a man) Colmes? Sean (I wanna choke that nasal voice from his throat) Hannity? Rush (gimme pills) Limbaugh? Anderson (giggling frootloop) Cooper? Any number of yentas in the NYT?

Not baggin' on you, just curious who/what YOU consider legit/neutral.

James Ruby

As the originator of the post, what is YOUR source for the above highlighted claim? What 'made up/fabricated' information is present and what is your source/evidence for that besides your choice to deny it? What evidence do you have that the images are false?

I wasnt thinking necesarily of a talking mouth piece I was thinking more like the evening news, or CNN or some other news source versus a gun related site. Nope instead we get the right wingers pointing at a gun sight on the web accepting at face value anything that is posted. So far after listening to the news - no one else has come across this story. I am hoping the Brady Bunch screwed up but one web site in insufficent for me to accept it at face value. I am not a fan of the Brady bunch but I am also not going to accept it just because its posted on a website either.

It i sreally not my claim I am trying to determine it is the position that the Brady bunch screwed up that needs verification from at least more that one website.

James Ruby

I wasnt thinking necesarily of a talking mouth piece I was thinking more like the evening news, or CNN or some other news source versus a gun related site. Nope instead we get the right wingers pointing at a gun sight on the web accepting at face value anything that is posted. So far after listening to the news - no one else has come across this story. I am hoping the Brady Bunch screwed up but one web site in insufficent for me to accept it at face value. I am not a fan of the Brady bunch but I am also not going to accept it just because its posted on a website either.

It i sreally not my claim I am trying to determine it is the position that the Brady bunch screwed up that needs verification from at least more that one website.

James Ruby

So IOW you're not going to accept it because you choose not to w/o being able to provide ANY evidence that it may be inaccurate nor are you going to defend your claims about the site putting up fake information.

Such an open mind. :s0114:

I am not going to accept it as fact - I have found and been caught accepting too many things on the internet as face value - to me this may be just one more of them. I want a second or third source before I am willing beleive it. Again I hope the Brady bunch messed up but there is only one source saying it is so. Again I am not trying to prove it is false I am trying to verify that it is true.
So where are some other sources colaborating this story?

James Ruby

You really don't understand how this whole 'internet' thing works, do you? How many news organizations do you think are watching the Brady Campaigns FB page minute by minute especially when there's a major national event going on? And how many would have managed to get screen captures which is what happened here?

Or are you claiming that it's more likely that a perfect image, w/i an hour, not one pixel, font or color out of place, was created and posted to 'trick' people Than some intern hit 'post' when he wasn't supposed to? Seriously? That's your argument?

That goes along w/ the disparaging claims about my site which you made and have no evidence for which shows your own inherent bias making it your personal choice not to accept the evidence at face value.

Do you have evidence that DOOT is (and I quote you) "a pro gun site that has a purpose for making up / fabricating the information they post on the web."? Yes or No? Those are the only two answers. Pick one.

I am not going to accept it as fact - I have found and been caught accepting too many things on the internet as face value - to me this may be just one more of them. I want a second or third source before I am willing beleive it. Again I hope the Brady bunch messed up but there is only one source saying it is so. Again I am not trying to prove it is false I am trying to verify that it is true.
So where are some other sources colaborating this story?

James Ruby

yeah ever since I saw that commercial I was fishy bout anything I read online too. Still havent been able to convince any chicks I am a french model But I am workin on it lol....

Really tho yeah def gotta have more sources than 1 website

You really don't understand how this whole 'internet' thing works, do you? How many news organizations do you think are watching the Brady Campaigns FB page minute by minute especially when there's a major national event going on? And how many would have managed to get screen captures which is what happened here?

Or are you claiming that it's more likely that a perfect image, w/i an hour, not one pixel, font or color out of place, was created and posted to 'trick' people Than some intern hit 'post' when he wasn't supposed to? Seriously? That's your argument?

That goes along w/ the disparaging claims about my site which you made and have no evidence for which shows your own inherent bias making it your personal choice not to accept the evidence at face value.

Do you have evidence that DOOT is (and I quote you) "a pro gun site that has a purpose for making up / fabricating the information they post on the web."? Yes or No? Those are the only two answers. Pick one.

You are missing it. He is refusing to accept that picture as fact because it could easily be doctored. The "a pro gun site that has a purpose for making up / fabricating the information they post on the web." means just what it says. It doesn't mean that this website has falsified information, it means that it isn't a credible source because it has purpose to make one side seem like it fumbled the ball to advance their own purpose.

So your the only place that got this detail and you want me to beleive you that it is true - guess again - it needs to be verified by more than one site having the information than one, yours. I dont care whose website it is - there must be more than one source provided for the information otherwise you cant prove that it is real only that your website has a picture or image of something that we must take according to you as the "truth". Prove it is real - afterall you said it was. Where else is this detail posted and please dont make it a gunsite that is a direct enemy of the Brady Bunch. You want me to trust - I dont even know of you and have never heard of your website before - so guess what - I dont. Is that clear enough for you.

P.S I dont have to play by your rules so the honest answer is that I have no proof of wether it is true or not.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads