JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not saying it is faked, I AM saying that there is a possibility that the picture could have been faked and was waiting for other sources to post their own findings.

What 'sources' do you know that watch the Brady FB page minute by minute during a national event?

Along your logic, the moon landing could still have been faked. We only have NASA's word for it and they have a vested interest in maintaining the story.

Again with James on this, would prefer that the brady campaign screwed up. Hell I even liked the post it was made it, however I am not one to be spreading this to all my friends because I cannot be sure its fact.

Ohhh, I see.
Kinda like a certain birth certificate scandal involving a multi-layer PDF......
Now I get it!

:s0140:

Yeah, I believe he is legit at this point because that information is too valuable to contain.

What 'sources' do you know that watch the Brady FB page minute by minute during a national event?

Along your logic, the moon landing could still have been faked. We only have NASA's word for it and they have a vested interest in maintaining the story.

Why do you think there are still so many people who don't believe it? They are skeptical, skeptical to an extreme. I am not that far off the deep end, I just prefer not to jump on ship if it could possibly be on fire.

You don't hold press conferences to denounce a picture that a gun website posted.

Here is an example of what James is trying to avoid. Fox supported Zimmerman and gathered pictures off a white supremacist website that wasn't trayvon but passed them off like it was

I disagree. The Brady Campaign is an organization that needs donors to support their gun control measures. If we are to assume to screen shot is correct (which I do) then it shows that they are inept, careless, and not a professional organization. This obviously is going to affect donations because even if I believe in a certain cause I am not going to give money to an organization that is not effective.

What James is saying is that this is fraudelent which means the site is libeling the Brady Campaign. Do you think that they wouldn't jump at the opportunity to show everyone that the "gun nuts" are making fraudelent claims about their press release? I would not simply blow off any evidence that the post was faked but I see the lack of denial from Brady as telling. I mean what better way to give gun owners a black eye that calling them out on something like this.

I disagree. The Brady Campaign is an organization that needs donors to support their gun control measures. If we are to assume to screen shot is correct (which I do) then it shows that they are inept, careless, and not a professional organization. This obviously is going to affect donations because even if I believe in a certain cause I am not going to give money to an organization that is not effective.

What James is saying is that this is fraudelent which means the site is libeling the Brady Campaign. Do you think that they wouldn't jump at the opportunity to show everyone that the "gun nuts" are making fraudelent claims about their press release? I would not simply blow off any evidence that the post was faked but I see the lack of denial from Brady as telling. I mean what better way to give gun owners a black eye that calling them out on something like this.

bb, when you say it like that it would make more sense for them to ignore this entirely than admit their own mistake. Brady advocates already will side with them over the screen shot being faked, for them to come forward in a press conference would shake their support from their believers.

I have nothing but respect for the author of the artical and the sight hosting it. Without them fighting the fight we all stand to lose our rights, but that does not mean I am going to blindly believe everything they say or even agree with it.

My big concern with the whole situation was the protrayal that it was a conspiracy or nefarious post to alter the course of the debate bfeor it started. I am less concerned with whether the image was faked or not and more concerned about the pretty radical spin put on it, would make a billiard shooter proud!

Honestly, it was most likely a dumb mistake by a BB staffer that may have cost them thier job. Seriously, in the end we are all human beings and we all make mistakes.

I have nothing but respect for the author of the artical and the sight hosting it. Without them fighting the fight we all stand to lose our rights, but that does not mean I am going to blindly believe everything they say or even agree with it.

My big concern with the whole situation was the protrayal that it was a conspiracy or nefarious post to alter the course of the debate bfeor it started. I am less concerned with whether the image was faked or not and more concerned about the pretty radical spin put on it, would make a billiard shooter proud!

Honestly, it was most likely a dumb mistake by a BB staffer that may have cost them thier job. Seriously, in the end we are all human beings and we all make mistakes.

I see it the same way you do. They put a lot of effort into getting a gun control question asked at the debate and it didn't happen. I just assumed they had already patched together a release that they would put up after the debate but someone got careless. You notice there is one line that is a boilerplate sentence that should have been removed and the President's quote should have been used.

I don't think it is nefarious just really funny that they didn't get what they wanted and then made it even worse for themselves.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top