JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. But I feel like the speech was cut off right before the list of "necessary common sense compromises".

Wow, did hell freeze over?

Next you'll be telling me that being bigoted towards gun owners isn't acceptable anymore.

Naaaaah, that'll never happen!

He still wants gun control i.e. background checks. To me, he sounds like he wants even more gun control than he is saying. I think that he is still trying to employ the "death by a thousand cuts" ideology, by seeing where he can get a majority of gun owners to agree with some "common ground" "gun safety"policy and to get it put in place. From there I think he will move on to the next "common ground" issue, rinse and repeat until nothing is left.

Dan Gross said:
The reality is my mission from the moment I arrived at Brady, and even before, was to demonstrate the common ground that I've always believed existed between people who come at the issue from the perspective of the Second Amendment right and people who come at the issues from the perspective of not necessarily caring as much about those rights, and that we could find that middle ground that would have a big impact on actually preventing gun deaths.
Dan Gross said:
I've been consistent in looking at common ground and coming at it with a fundamental respect for the Second Amendment and for people who own guns safely and legally and responsibly.
Dan Gross said:
Fundamental respect of the Second Amendment for the people who own guns and looking for solutions that represent the common ground, and an openness to learning and listening to people who own guns to figure out where that common ground is.

I think the biggest evolution that people will note coming after they hear me speak on Saturday will be the willingness to put aside some differences that may still exist in terms of policies. This is the biggest opportunity to prevent the loss of innocent life, which is the responsibility that responsible gun owners can take to make us all safer.
Dan Gross said:
I am not looking to be prescriptive there as much as I am looking to find where that common ground is.
Dan Gross said:
My hope is if I'm able to communicate that common ground exist, it is the beginning of an important dialogue that has the potential to save a lot of lives.
Dan Gross said:
All I can do is, and all I've ever tried to do is speak what I really believe in my heart, which comes from this place of common ground, and I'm confident that has defined me and everything I've said.

I could be wrong, but I guess we'll have to see how this plays out and if he "walks the walk".

Ray

He still wants gun control i.e. background checks. To me, he sounds like he wants even more gun control than he is saying. I think that he is still trying to employ the "death by a thousand cuts" ideology, by seeing where he can get a majority of gun owners to agree with some "common ground" "gun safety"policy and to get it put in place. From there I think he will move on to the next "common ground" issue, rinse and repeat until nothing is left.

I could be wrong, but I guess we'll have to see how this plays out and if he "walks the walk".

Ray

Thinly vailed attempt at getting in the back door

Note the hammering away at the buzz word... common ground.

Smells like bullbubblegum

Grandma always said that a leopard never changes their spots or a tiger their stripes. Once a gun grabber, always a gun grabber.

Until Dan takes a public stance against Brady, Mom's demand, every town, Bloomberg and Soro's, he's just part of the gun grabbers. Period.

Keep that camels nose out from under the tent!!! At all costs!!!!

Last Edited:
He is trying to undo the damage Beto did with his 'yes, we will confiscate your guns!"
This looks like damage control, plain and simple.
After years of attempting to put a velvet glove over the iron fist of gun control and eventual 100% disarmament by using doublespeak and "soft language"... Beta let the cat out. He put a national voice to what the antis have been trying to keep secret... although not very well:
Gun Safety=No Guns.
Common Sense=No Guns
Reasonable=No Guns
The "right to feel safe"=No Guns
All very dopey and transparent. We've known this all along and have said as much but they've tried to deny it.

To crib a quote from anti-gun activist and chicken-headed geek David Hogg... we say, "No More!".

You DON'T win.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads