JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Story here: <broken link removed>

October 3, 2013

Shawn Moran, Vice President of the National Border Patrol Council, gave an exclusive interview with Breitbart News and the interview could shock you. It seems that the agents have once again been told to stand down. They are to quit persuing smugglers, drug and human, along with all illegal aliens, which could include illegals from countries that wish to foment violence against the United States.

"It doesn't matter whether it's drugs, bodies, or how large the group is, our agents are being ordered to stand down by Border Patrol management. I have received reports from our agents in every single sector from San Diego to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas that they are receiving these orders."

"They are not being relieved in place, they are simply being told that someone else is being dispatched, but none of us have seen that occur. We are simply being ordered to stand down and stop tracking and trying to apprehend the criminals."

(This means that even in the middle of a hot persuit, the agent must back off and he is not relieved by someone at the point of surveillance)

"Border Patrol senior leadership says the stand downs are a means of addressing budgetary shortfalls and making sure agents aren't working longer shifts. The Border Patrol has a larger budget than ever, but the agents on the ground have not seen the benefits of an increased budget. The increased budget has not trickled down to the men and women with their boots on the ground."

"They are placing the budgetary concerns before the security of our border. We have situations where top-level bureaucrats in the U.S. Border Patrol and in the Customs and Border Protection Agency are receiving massive bonuses -- some up to $64,000 --- for finding ways to reduce the pay Border Patrol Agents receive."

"Groups that are outside of human trafficking, human smuggling, and drug smuggling are going to exploit these stand down orders as well, not only cartels but illegal aliens from nations that are tied to terrorism."

This news is especially troubling, coming on the heels of yesterday's announcement of a new Democratic bill on illegal immigration. The bill offered up by Nancy Pelosi is a little different than the Senate bill. Pelosi's plan eliminates the 700 miles of fence and the 20,000 new border agents and would assure that our border with Mexico will be unprotected.

And in place of those security measures, how do they propose to provide border security? By adding a bill that the federal government may enforce the border any way they choose to. Republicans say that is a recipe for disaster.

"It's disappointing that Democrats continue to insist on amnesty for illegal immigrants rather than supporting policies that help the American people," said Rep Lamar Smith.

And Rep Paul Ryan is attempting to get immigration reform back on track in the House. Ryan is a former candidate for vice president.

Its Obummers agenda. Destroy the country no matter what
it cost us as long as it doesn't interfere with his golf games
and his families expensive vacations on our dime.

Obama and his team are very cynical. Think about it, if a terrorist walks in while the Border Patrol is in "stand down" from the Republican-caused (if you accept that spin from Harry Reid and the MSM) and commits an act that kills a number of citizens, the Democrats would be in a wonderful position to gain votes and take over all branches of the Federal government.

If the killings were done with "Fast & Furious" weapons, so what? The MSM would keep that quiet. :(

So there is the pointing of the fingers and saying look we are not protected any longer, those conservatives are stopping us, we were going to finally do some good for the country, but now we can't.
Bologna...
Yeah right...
Liars...

You guys should invoke your own "Freedom Army" and go protect our borders! :s0155:

Good day sling shot. I wish you a great day! I hope you know, that all of us at NWFA still accept you, even though your doing your best to start a little feud. At some point, maturity will set in, and life will seem more clear to you. U til then, grab some beef jerky and mt dew.
God bless!

This is tantamount to a Roman Caesar saying to his border legions, " you know, Quintus Justus, I don't think the Visigoths are really that big of a problem. I mean, ya know, the Danube is pretty deep this year and quite frankly, I Caesar of the known world have added 75 more days of games this year as well as another loaf of bread for the plebes and such. Have your men just stay in camp and sup on wild boar!
Hey, so how do you like my new golf club, I mean fiddle?

Brutus out

Yet they closed parks and museums but open our Southern border to anyone who can cross.
There is something really really wrong with this picture!!!!
I say fire them all, kick them in the arse and remove them by force if needed but we must and deserve our country not be held as a bargaining chip!!!!!!!!

Well, the NPS rangers are needed to keep those 90 yo WWII vets in line trying to look at an open air memorial. The prez won his last election so he doesn't think he is answerable to anyone. There's likely enough dirt to remove hizzoner from office if investigators keep digging and find a few more whistleblowers. At this point it is our only hope for a moderate and not Marxist America. Or that ACA will implode the economy. That might get a few hundred thousand votes in the right precincts to grab the Senate. Or not.

Brutus out

Well, the NPS rangers are needed to keep those 90 yo WWII vets in line trying to look at an open air memorial. The prez won his last election so he doesn't think he is answerable to anyone. There's likely enough dirt to remove hizzoner from office if investigators keep digging and find a few more whistleblowers. At this point it is our only hope for a moderate and not Marxist America. Or that ACA will implode the economy. That might get a few hundred thousand votes in the right precincts to grab the Senate. Or not.

Brutus out

One can only hope.

I'm just afraid too many from this lazy entitlement generation are influencing the masses with free government cheese and Obamaphones, not to mention all the pork barreled agencies that support these leeches.

Good day sling shot. I wish you a great day! I hope you know, that all of us at NWFA still accept you, even though your doing your best to start a little feud. At some point, maturity will set in, and life will seem more clear to you. U til then, grab some beef jerky and mt dew.
God bless!

Thank you; it feels good to know I am accepted! Not trying to start a feud - all I am saying is that the government is either shut down or it's not. Tea partiers and their supporters can't expect to cherry pick which programs they want running and those they don't.

One can only hope.

I'm just afraid too many from this lazy entitlement generation are influencing the masses with free government cheese and Obamaphones, not to mention all the pork barreled agencies that support these leeches.

You have mentioned the entitlement generation before and I'll ask whose fault is it that there is a generation like that? They didn't pop out of the ground or fall from the sky; another generation raised them to be the way they are. If you want to cast blame go back in time to the generation that spawned the manifestation of the thinking you disagree with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top