JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, still working on those :confused:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not positive we'll be staying with the scrolling marquee, we may go back to individual notifications in that area, go with small overlays in the bottom right, or a combination of the two. Can you explain what you mean by visual cues?
Looks like some of the icons didn't load for me at the top so right off the bat the experience was a little different. After I backed out and reopened it things looked better. This was on my end, not the web site. So null on the visual cues comment.

Working fine on my Nvidia tablet. I'm going to leave it in beta for a while on both devices and see if anything jumps out at me. Just have to acclimate a bit.

I use an iPhone-6s with iOS-10.1.1

When I use either left/right arrow on the upper-right of my virtual keyboard to move the cursor (see attached photo), the webpage slams all the way to the bottom then I have to scroll back up... plus the cursor has to be "woken up" again in the text-box. The Space bar, backspace key, and return key all work fine, but the cursor left/right keys don't.

See the cursor left/right keys directly left of "P" & "L"...

View attachment 322147

This is what happens, "slam-scrolls" all the way to the bottom:

View attachment 322149

It'd be REALLY cool if those would work here on NWFA again.. :D

I'll look into this :)

I'll have to try it on my desktop at work as it doesn't work on my iPhone......o_O

What happens when you try it on your iPhone? Which version is it?

As some of you know, we've been working on the next Northwest Firearms website update since late last year. The main focus of this update is ease of use, many of the changes a result of member feedback. We're making this beta version available to our members to give everyone a chance to provide feedback, identify issues, and get aclimated to the new version before the official update. We hope to go live with this version mid-January.

As with most beta previews, the update in it's current form is going to be rough around the edges. We rely on our members to help us find and identify potential issues as well as provide thoughts and suggestions, so please don't be shy. All feedback helps.

Switching between versions is done in the Preferences menu.

View attachment 322081

View attachment 322082

Thanks again for your help and support!
Cheers,
Joe Link
I like it!

When I click on an alert, it takes me to the correct post, but it scrolls up just far enough to hide the black bar above the post that holds the time posted and post number. And a little bit of the first line of text in the post. I'm using Internet Explorer.

On the upper left, there is a tab named Guide.
upload_2016-11-9_22-29-33.png
There is a number in it that seems to indicate the number of unread articles in the Guide forum. Mine says there are 6 unread items. I'd like to clear that number, but there are 14 pages of items and I don't feel like rooting through them all and clicking on each unread item. Is there another way to set it to zero or blank? This may sound a little OCD but it's driving me nuts. I can't have that six up there taunting me! :D

On the upper left, there is a tab named Guide.
View attachment 322274
There is a number in it that seems to indicate the number of unread articles in the Guide forum. Mine says there are 6 unread items. I'd like to clear that number, but there are 14 pages of items and I don't feel like rooting through them all and clicking on each unread item. Is there another way to set it to zero or blank? This may sound a little OCD but it's driving me nuts. I can't have that six up there taunting me! :D
If you click the mark viewed tab below there it will clear that out.

1) there are a couple of times that the text overlaps in my iPhone 6s.

2) I mostly use NWFA for the Classified ads. In the previous version you could get to the various ads from the side bar. So far I've only been able to get there from the home page.

Thanks for the hard work!

I'm missing the lightning icon with the quick links which I primarily used to get to new posts. I see how to do it with going to the forums and I can get used to it, but definitely miss the quick links.

I use an iPhone-6s with iOS-10.1.1

When I use either left/right arrow on the upper-right of my virtual keyboard to move the cursor (see attached photo), the webpage slams all the way to the bottom then I have to scroll back up... plus the cursor has to be "woken up" again in the text-box. The Space bar, backspace key, and return key all work fine, but the cursor left/right keys don't.

See the cursor left/right keys directly left of "P" & "L"...

View attachment 322147

This is what happens, "slam-scrolls" all the way to the bottom:

View attachment 322149

It'd be REALLY cool if those would work here on NWFA again.. :D

I just verified this, always nice when I'm able! It's actually a bug in the software package we use (and I've reported it to the developer). Chances are good that it'll be fixed :)

When I click on an alert, it takes me to the correct post, but it scrolls up just far enough to hide the black bar above the post that holds the time posted and post number. And a little bit of the first line of text in the post. I'm using Internet Explorer.

I'll see if we can adjust this.

1) there are a couple of times that the text overlaps in my iPhone 6s.

2) I mostly use NWFA for the Classified ads. In the previous version you could get to the various ads from the side bar. So far I've only been able to get there from the home page.

Thanks for the hard work!

1) When you come across the text overlaps can you report where they are here? I've been trying to find all of them but I'm sure I've missed a few.

2) Is this on the iPhone 6s as well?

I'm missing the lightning icon with the quick links which I primarily used to get to new posts. I see how to do it with going to the forums and I can get used to it, but definitely miss the quick links.

I think the lack of the lightning menu is going to be one of the most unpopular changes. Most of the links are in the user menu dropdown, some have been moved to the tablinks under the navigation tabs, and some were custom which haven't been migrated over (unsure if we will or not).

New Content - New Posts (tablink)
Recent Activity - Recent Activity (tablink under Members tab)
Your Content - User Menu
Your Threads - Custom (watched thread tablink is similar but not the same)
Your Posts - Custom
Your News Feed - User Menu
Your Classified Ads - User Menu (works with new classified system only)
Watched Forums - Watched Forums (tablink)
Watched Threads - Watched Threads (tablink)
Likes Given - Inside Account Page
Likes Received - User Menu
People You Follow - User Menu
People You Ignore - User Menu
Mark Forums Read - Mark Forum Read (tablink)

I just verified this, always nice when I'm able! It's actually a bug in the software package we use (and I've reported it to the developer). Chances are good that it'll be fixed :)

I'll see if we can adjust this.

1) When you come across the text overlaps can you report where they are here? I've been trying to find all of them but I'm sure I've missed a few.

2) Is this on the iPhone 6s as well?

I think the lack of the lightning menu is going to be one of the most unpopular changes. Most of the links are in the user menu dropdown, some have been moved to the tablinks under the navigation tabs, and some were custom which haven't been migrated over (unsure if we will or not).

New Content - New Posts (tablink)
Recent Activity - Recent Activity (tablink under Members tab)
Your Content - User Menu
Your Threads - Custom (watched thread tablink is similar but not the same)
Your Posts - Custom
Your News Feed - User Menu
Your Classified Ads - User Menu (works with new classified system only)
Watched Forums - Watched Forums (tablink)
Watched Threads - Watched Threads (tablink)
Likes Given - Inside Account Page
Likes Received - User Menu
People You Follow - User Menu
People You Ignore - User Menu
Mark Forums Read - Mark Forum Read (tablink)

Count me among those that like the lightning menu. If there is a chance to bring that back, it would be nice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top