JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am usually using a Samsung Galaxy tablet on the forum... most of the issues I am having I think pertain to the platform, not the software. For example, the screen keyboard pops up and blocks the message I am typing in landscape, so I have to rotate to portrait to be able to see what I am typing. One thing I am kind of wishing for is a way to mark watched forums as read and not all forums. I look around at the forums I follow typically and sometimes forget to mark that forum read before jumping into the next one. When I am all done, I would sometimes like to be able to go back and check out other forums.. Otherwise it seems to work pretty well :D

I use a large laptop with Windows 8.1. At my age, I keep the zoom at 125% in order to read text easier. So far, it is working pretty well.

I'm not a tech-savvy person, so all I can contribute is that it has been easy for me to adapt to the new version.

Alright, I've been using the new version for awhile and for the most part I like it. One awesome change I like is that the Alert bar stays visible at the top even as you scroll down. Older version 3.0 required you to scroll up to click on Alerts.

I am very confused about the top white bar, though. It seems that nothing I do in Preferences concerning the things to hide actually makes a difference. I have no need to have a button labeled Watched Tags. What a waste of space. The concept of having things in that bar that I can choose through the "hide" feature within PReferences is great, but it doesn't seem to work.

Additionally, there is no longer any quick way to get to the classifieds. I haven't found even a single quick-link there. Right now I have to go to the main Forum list and scroll down. Annoying.

COMMENT:
Over all I like it.

But

This may be just me... on iPhone 4 if I have alerts and I click on the alerts on the top menu, then an accordion opens and I see the alert(s). At this point though If I click on the alerts, it opens the alerts page. If I click on the forums then it opens the dropdown for the forums. There is no way to go directly to the "latest posts"

I want to ALWAYS have a link to latest posts no matter where I am or what I am doing. I think that is what I want 99% of the time.

image.jpg

Joe I really don't see what the fuss is all about, if the new stuff makes you administrators lives easier, that should decide it. How hard would it be to add the search icon of the magnifying glass to your search link? That might make it easier to find, also the text showing that the box is your search link is pretty washed out and really takes looking for it to find it and I knew where to look. Maybe a dark BOLD text would help. :) The other banner links would also be easier to find if the text were more visible, especially for those of us with older eyes!
I guess I'll stay here rather than waiting till it's mandatory. :eek:
Gabby

Last Edited:
Hey Joe I'm trying out Mozilla and when I try to click on the New Posts button, I get the chat link or my private mailbox. No way I can sneak my cursor by to access the new posts. Didn't have that problem on IE.
Gabby

I see that has been cured now I see all the links as they should display.
May have been Mozilla or my PC screwing things up.
Gabby

Last Edited:
One feature I like about v3.0 is how for example say ammunition classified link would display the time or minutes when someone last posted. That is very helpful when scrolling down the fourm to see if new posts have been done recently.

And no I did not read all 5 pages to see if this has already been brought up. Time is valuable when you have a 17 month old boy.

Capture+_2017-01-28-19-20-23.png

Last Edited:
Did something change? I used to be able to mark the forum read without drilling down to an individual post I thought. Now, I have to be inside a post to mark the forum read? Also, the "watched forums" short cut used to be on the ribbon bar to the left. It flashes there briefly and then becomes "watched threads". Watched forums are then found hiding under the 3 dots on the right of the ribbon bar.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top