JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As some of you know, we've been working on the next Northwest Firearms website update since late last year. The main focus of this update is ease of use, many of the changes a result of member feedback. We're making this beta version available to our members to give everyone a chance to provide feedback, identify issues, and get aclimated to the new version before the official update. We hope to go live with this version mid-January.

As with most beta previews, the update in it's current form is going to be rough around the edges. We rely on our members to help us find and identify potential issues as well as provide thoughts and suggestions, so please don't be shy. All feedback helps.

Switching between versions is done in the Preferences menu.

2016-10-17 14_16_19.png

2016-10-17 14_18_00.png

Thanks again for your help and support!

Cheers,
Joe Link

The scrolling marquis near the top takes up a lot of real estate. Nice feature though.
So far I'm able to navigate around pretty easily. Other than adjusting to the newness of the layout without having any problems. I do like the way the old layout seemed to offer more visual cues when you first log on though. With the beta it seems that you have to seek out destinations via drop downs. Nothing wrong with that, it's clean and efficient but it's just different.
I'm using a BlackBerry Passport, which I use about 80% of the time.

647 new messages? Damn...

Yeah, still working on those :confused:

The scrolling marquis near the top takes up a lot of real estate. Nice feature though.
So far I'm able to navigate around pretty easily. Other than adjusting to the newness of the layout without having any problems. I do like the way the old layout seemed to offer more visual cues when you first log on though. With the beta it seems that you have to seek out destinations via drop downs. Nothing wrong with that, it's clean and efficient but it's just different.
I'm using a BlackBerry Passport, which I use about 80% of the time.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not positive we'll be staying with the scrolling marquee, we may go back to individual notifications in that area, go with small overlays in the bottom right, or a combination of the two. Can you explain what you mean by visual cues?

I like it!!!!! More Options for Navigating with in thread is a real plus, and I see it easy to use. I like the new look as well, stands out better! Well done! I didn't see any problems but if I run into anything, will be sure to speak up!:):):)

I know that you are going for pc's first, Joe, but I use an iPad. When ever I expand an image or text by fingers, on the screen, (that's a LOT), the inbox, alert and avatar/handle expand down into the area being expanded! I really HATE that! Thanks! SRG

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!

I know that you are going for pc's first, Joe, but I use an iPad. When ever I expand an image or text by fingers, on the screen, (that's a LOT), the inbox, alert and avatar/handle expand down into the area being expanded! I really HATE that! Thanks! SRG

Actually I want to make sure it works well on all devices (or at minimum, the most widely used). This is a bug we're working on, hopefully we'll get it figured out soon :)

I use an iPhone-6s with iOS-10.1.1

When I use either left/right arrow on the upper-right of my virtual keyboard to move the cursor (see attached photo), the webpage slams all the way to the bottom then I have to scroll back up... plus the cursor has to be "woken up" again in the text-box. The Space bar, backspace key, and return key all work fine, but the cursor left/right keys don't.

See the cursor left/right keys directly left of "P" & "L"...

IMG_3487.PNG

This is what happens, "slam-scrolls" all the way to the bottom:

IMG_3486.PNG

It'd be REALLY cool if those would work here on NWFA again.. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews