JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think putting blame on video games, movies and other entertainment outlets is wrong. Millions of people play video games and watch movies and TV and manage to not commit mass killings. Same with millions of law abiding gun owners. I'm just curious why there always needs to be some external cause? Can't we just blame the actions of a individual?

The worst school massacre in US history took place in 1937 1927 long before Call of Duty or the Xbox was around.

Agreed...I doubt Hitler played too many rounds of Grand Theft Auto 3 before he decided to kill millions of Jews. Psychopaths have been around since the dawn of humans and have been killing people for just as long...since before guns and even before gun powder. How is this a gun issue? It's not...it's a "psychopaths kill people" issue.

I dunno,

Just think real hard about the nra plan.

Then think......

What could possibly go wrong, with a volunteer, parmilitary police force hanging out at schools.

Sorry folks, the answer to this problem is

NEITHER
a) quick
b) cheap
c) easy

I dunno,

Just think real hard about the nra plan.

Then think......

What could possibly go wrong, with a volunteer, parmilitary police force hanging out at schools.

Sorry folks, the answer to this problem is

NEITHER
a) quick
b) cheap
c) easy

If you are implying that one of the "paramilitary" members lost his/her mind and started shooting people, then the other sane members would be there to stop them. Just like any other threat. Or something similar.

-------------snip------------
I blame the the communities of the young men for allowing them to become lost and despondent. They are the ones that neglected or abused these kids into thinking this is a path for them.
-------------snip------------

The communities and the gender neutral society at large. Young men don't know how to be men any more. With both parents working there's no one at home to actually raise the children. We have generations of children that have been raised by TV and video games. I think we need our elders more than ever.

No, I'm implying that a group of volunteers could bring their lack of experience, and bubblegum things up.

Paramilitary means a military like organization that is not considered part of a states official armed forces.

That is why I don't put quotes around it

Personally I don't want my relations going to school with a bunch of amateur cops.

You ever notice that volinteerism is discouraged in the professional military?

Why is that?

Why would I want my kids going to school with unemployed men with guns?

All I'm really trying to do is get real solutions to end gun violence put out there.
Ones that don't involve restricting certain weapons, calibers, it capacities.
The nra has failed in creativity, and complexity regarding this problem.

Putting security guards in school right now is like shutting the door after the cows got out.

Look, I'm on the same side as most people here regarding keeping gun laws we have and even taking away some restrictions.
But that will require creativity, intelligence, flexibility, and time.

I will repeat it here, the answers will not be cheap, easy, or fast.

Shootings are not the problem, they are a symptom of a problem.

If you are implying that one of the "paramilitary" members lost his/her mind and started shooting people, then the other sane members would be there to stop them. Just like any other threat. Or something similar.

So there will be squads of volunteers with guns?

It's ridiculous.

How about police officers?

Who'se paying for all this?

What's the liability for schools having an "NRA certified" "guard" on site?

What if one of them shoots a kid or two in an exchange of gunfire?

So there will be squads of volunteers with guns?

It's ridiculous.
Says who? You?

How about police officers?

Who'se paying for all this?
The cost has been estimated at $8 Billion, or roughly .25% of federal spending in 2011.
Is this REALLY not affordable?

What's the liability for schools having an "NRA certified" "guard" on site?
After they have been screened, and then trained free of charge by the NRA? No more than any private security company employee, and probably less.

What if one of them shoots a kid or two in an exchange of gunfire?
Not to cheapen the lives of anyone but,...
Let's see, one or two downed by stray bullets or,...
20 children and 7 adults dead in CT.
32 dead and 17 wounded in VA.

Hmmm. seems like a "no-brainer" to me.

Or were you thinking that the next "Gun Free Zone" sign will be more effective than the ones that were in place at the above locations?

Or that you can get the NEA and the AFT on board with training teachers to complete close quarters/urban combat firearms training, and then get their carry permits, and then convince school boards across the country to let them carry.

OR,... Offer up your solution to stop school massacres using any new method(s) you choose, that is proven to work, and doesn't hammer constitutional rights.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

That's not part of the plan Gunfixx.
The plan is to ridicule anyone with a plan that has a chance of working, while passing legislation that disarms the patriots.

You're opinion is just that.

Funny you're worried about ridicule, but your posts are dripping with it, with some machismo tossed in for good measure.

Here's a reasonable approach to begin a discussion nationally:

Get Realistic on What We Can Do About Guns: Paul Barrett - Bloomberg

A serious discussion about requiring gun safety/security with liability for not securing your arms is also legit.

If you can get a tax deduction for an efficient water heater, that should work for a certain level of gun safe as well.

Blanket statements about more guns and armed guards is not serious, and the NRA has lost the plot for meaningful discussion.

Oh look we have another trolling plant from (insert authoritarian group or think tank here)

You're opinion is just that.

Funny you're worried about ridicule, but your posts are dripping with it, with some machismo tossed in for good measure.

Here's a reasonable approach to begin a discussion nationally:

Get Realistic on What We Can Do About Guns: Paul Barrett - Bloomberg

A serious discussion about requiring gun safety/security with liability for not securing your arms is also legit.

If you can get a tax deduction for an efficient water heater, that should work for a certain level of gun safe as well.

Blanket statements about more guns and armed guards is not serious, and the NRA has lost the plot for meaningful discussion.

That must be why Bill Clinton brought it up almost 20 years ago, and kicked in over $60 Million in 1995 dollars to help pay for them.

Flashback: Clinton Requests $60 Million to Put Cops in Schools

He wasn't serious, and wasn't into a meaningful discussion.
Yeah right!

Was that after he was forced by republicans to balance the federal budget or between interns. The media does not want that info exposed about slick willie to the low information voter.

I believe we should not throw the NRA, money and government at the problem. We do not need to hire or staff thousands of more cops at the schools. We need to give the school staff and teachers the ability to carry firearms at the schools to protect the kids. It should be a choice and not a requirement. The bad guys will think twice about ever shooting up a school again if there is the possibility of the staff and teachers being armed. Having a cop, or a vet, or a volunteer to post guard would be foolish. It would only give the bad guy the first target. Take out the only armed cop, vet or volunteer and then its a free for all again. The choice of the teachers and the staff being armed is the answer to me.

So... Is it not part of the problem at all?
Are video games such as "kindergarten Killer", and "Homer The Flanders Killer II" a good thing for kids?
<broken link removed>
Should this not be part of the National Discussion?
I'll ask the same question of you...

What is your solution to the problem?

When were the NRA's ideas presented earlier this week about a solution to the problem? They shifted the blame from "evil" guns to "evil" films and video games which is hypocritical at best and idiotic at worst. They blamed video games that either nobody has played such as the ones you listed above or ones like Mortal Combat which have no firearms whatsoever. It's the same crap that happened after Columbine. People blamed ID software's Doom because it somehow trained or brainwashed them. No it didn't. By that definition Pacman made people turn into cannibals and Super Mario Brothers caused others to throw fireballs and jump on things. Why not blame the leather jackets those teens wore? Neo and Morpheus from the Matrix wore those and they shot at people too. Obviously there is a connection.

The sad part is the NRA did the exact same thing gun owners claim anti gun people do: they blamed an object and not the person who committed the act.

And as far as an actual solution goes...who says there is one? Neither guns or American culture are going anywhere as they both make many people in this country boatloads of money. Additional non police armed guards won't help the situation, Virginia tech and Columbine both had those and they were some of the worst school shootings in US history. Another assault weapon ban sure wont help as the last one did jack squat and everyone here knows scary black guns aren't much different than a ruger mini 14. The best solutions I would consider are the following 1. mandate firearms are kept in safes when not in use and 2. increase mental health education and funding on a federal state and local level.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top