JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not to defend his idiocy but to clear you, hes a local houston PRECINCT chairman. hardly the smoking indictmant of the party you were hoping for.

As stated above, I couldn't care less. You think I want to demonize the democrats ? I simply think that the man is not very bright.

I'm sure you would be surprised to know I'm not a republican, or a democrat. I have issues with both parties. My issue is with folks that would trade away their civil rights.

You do realize the supreme court has made this a civil rights issue, don't you ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

i dont assume you want to demonize dems. i really strive to see both sides of every arguement.
all civil rights are a trade off of unbridled freedom/control/safety. im happy to debate that wirh anyone. im as much thinking outloud as i am arguing. i appreciate your discussion on the subject.

i think thats a fine point to debate but to deny that MOST people are against that idea is wishful thinking' imo.

You sure accomplished a whole lot of investigational research in the last 6 hours or so.
I'm impressed.
But I have to beg to differ because I just finished speaking to every parent of school aged kids in the United States, including its protectorates and it was 4 to one for armed guards in schools. In fact they were happy with all teachers, assistants, librarians, janitors, bus drivers and the crossing guards to carry G18s.
Thank God for hands free phone apps. Whew!

i dont assume you want to demonize dems. i really strive to see both sides of every arguement.
all civil rights are a trade off of unbridled freedom/control/safety. im happy to debate that wirh anyone. im as much thinking outloud as i am arguing. i appreciate your discussion on the subject.

This is not directed at you as I can only make assumptions as to your personal beliefs.

I find it very interesting that a group of people that seem to be very aware of what the US Government is doing in the name of the war on terror, torture, guantanomo, black sites all over the world, NSA domestic espionage, patriot act, etc, etc, would give away something as important as the 2nd Amendment to that very government.

+1, I teach in a public school. I have a hard time believing that "most" parents or school staff are opposed to this. Many schools have full time School Resource Officers and/or probation officers. I, for one, would like a good guy with a gun between my students and the bad guy with a gun. I believe most communities could and should be allowed to make this decision at the local level.

This is not directed at you as I can only make assumptions as to your personal beliefs.

I find it very interesting that a group of people that seem to be very aware of what the US Government is doing in the name of the war on terror, torture, guantanomo, black sites all over the world, NSA domestic espionage, patriot act, etc, etc, would give away something as important as the 2nd Amendment to that very government.

maybe I dont see giving up access to 30 rnd mags as equal to giving up my rights? to be fair I dont fear my government, i think you do. fair enough.. i can at least vote the gov in or out. i fear major corps a LOT more. i also own an llc so wrap your head around that.

+1, I teach in a public school. I have a hard time believing that "most" parents or school staff are opposed to this. Many schools have full time School Resource Officers and/or probation officers. I, for one, would like a good guy with a gun between my students and the bad guy with a gun. I believe most communities could and should be allowed to make this decision at the local level.

givin the choice of bad guy v. good guy we all make the same choice. the debate is whether the bad guy gets access to the aw in the first place

I'll buy that line of reasoning when someone can honestly assure me that legislation will prevent the bad guy from accessing or acquiring that weapon. I've yet to see a law that hasn't been broken. I don't believe we can legislate morality, it is taught and learned. Murder is a moral problem.

maybe I dont see giving up access to 30 rnd mags as equal to giving up my rights? to be fair I dont fear my government, i think you do. fair enough.. i can at least vote the gov in or out. i fear major corps a LOT more. i also own an llc so wrap your head around that.

I wouldn't say fear, I just don't believe them to be a completely benign entity. I also firmly believe that the 2nd is what gives 'teeth' to all the others.

You have to understand, I'm pretty much a text book libertarian.

I think the breakdown is that I don't believe laws will have any effect. I'm from CA. I remember the Stockton School Yard shooting, I remember the roberti-roos gun control act of 1989. I left CA 5 months ago and can assure you the towns surrounding mine are some of the most dangerous in the US. Oakland, Richmond, San Leandro, Hayward, I can name a half dozen more. I routinely traveled these areas, unarmed. I laugh when I head up the gorge now with my cpl, what a change.

Gun control has done nothing other than make law abiding people like me vulnerable. Calguns is trying very hard to undo some of the nonsense, this goes back to once a right is gone, its near impossible to get it back.

Putting down the tablet and going to bed. Have a nice weekend.

I wouldn't say fear, I just don't believe them to be a completely benign entity. I also firmly believe that the 2nd is what gives 'teeth' to all the others.

You have to understand, I'm pretty much a text book libertarian.

I think the breakdown is that I don't believe laws will have any effect. I'm from CA. I remember the Stockton School Yard shooting, I remember the roberti-roos gun control act of 1989. I left CA 5 months ago and can assure you the towns surrounding mine are some of the most dangerous in the US. Oakland, Richmond, San Leandro, Hayward, I can name a half dozen more. I routinely traveled these areas, unarmed. I laugh when I head up the gorge now with my cpl, what a change.

Gun control has done nothing other than make law abiding people like me vulnerable. Calguns is trying very hard to undo some of the nonsense, this goes back to once a right is gone, its near impossible to get it back.

Putting down the tablet and going to bed. Have a nice weekend.

benign....no. but not my enemy. not like blind for profit sharks. again, open to debate this and agaian appreciate your participation.

Imho The NRA has come out with a plan better than Our Government could or would ever have done. I wonder if they would work on some other issues for this country? I believe we could sure use it. If NRA Dues need to be raised to cover the cost of this perposal I will gladly pay it. I have never been prouder to be a member of the NRA.

I just finished watching the NRA news conference. We have a right to protest but I think the manner in which that was done was very inappropriate. Yet these are indeed a-typical of the sort we have to confront. They're the ones that'll make the headlines rather than the message Wayne was trying to get across.

I believe the NRA's course of action is a great idea and one that would have an immediate and positive impact on dealing with the matter of school safety. There's a plethora of life's lessons put forth by our educators every day that guides our children k1 through 12. Yet we somehow have a problem trusting them with guns to protect the very kids we send them on a daily basis.

Not every teacher has the willingness to confront someone, child or adult, with deadly force. They come to school every day as educators not close quarters combat operators. They shouldn't be asked to do that, let alone have it forced upon them. Afterall, it's everyones choice to determine for themselves whether their life or the lives of anyone is worthy of defending.

But we should provide a means for those who want to protect themselves and others from harm. A course of instruction, practical marksmanship training, and certification for those like minded individuals who are willing to stare into the cold-dead-eyes of derranged killers, hell bent on destruction in our schools.

When I was in school I can remember my english and home economics teachers who would cower at the first sign of trouble. But I also remember with all sincereity the gym, science, and math teachers of mine, none of whom would blink an eye when it came to confronting evil. I believe human resources are already in place that can affect real security.

The only thing missing is the parental insistence for implementation of a plan enabling those same resources. tim roark

givin the choice of bad guy v. good guy we all make the same choice. the debate is whether the bad guy gets access to the aw in the first place
And how do you propose we do that?
The same way we have prevented druggies' access to meth?
Rx pills?
Pot?
Cocaine?
Heroin?
During prohibition we outlawed alcohol, and we all know how well that worked out!

How about illegal aliens, they often come here without documentation of ANY kind, and stay, and not only can we not deport them, we can't find the majority of them! Then when we do find one and arrest them (usually for a different crime) they get kicked loose on bail or their O-R, and they are gone again!

How about gang-bangers? The vast majority of bangers have criminal records, and handguns, no CHLs and are underage. Will outlawing handguns stop them too?
They can't legally have access to them now, so how do they do it?
Will restricting access to AWs (as you put it) work where handgun laws haven't?
Where total bans are in place like Chicago? In 2012 Chicago has had the highest gun-death rate in the country, while exercising the tightest laws against gun ownership and carry.
Meanwhile, their violent crime rate is half of London's, where it's against the law to have a handgun, or use ANY firearm to protect one's self.
Oh they can show you where London has fewer "gun deaths," while they ignore the fact that London residents are more likely to be mugged, robbed or raped by a factor of 2-3.

There are forces/players at work here that have apparently convinced you that they will be able to do THIS TIME, what they have NEVER been able to do before, with a myriad of issues and items.
They will disarm you if they can, but for now, they'll settle for "assault weapons," on the premise that they can make these things stop by doing it.
When reality and experience shows us that it has NEVER worked in the citizen's favor, or in most cases, at all for that matter.

The mentality behind gun bans fosters dependency and victimhood. Nothing more.
This is an attitude certain parties/people have been perfecting in this country for decades, and are using at this time in their attempt to expand it beyond the race argument, and the gender argument, to include children and "innocent civilians."

Divide and conquer has worked with this president on every issue he has pursued since '08, and he's applying it now to the gun debate.

That's why they love to demonize the "AW" as a "weapon of war," because it implies those without them are innocent civilian citizens, while AR/AK owners are somehow militants and/or anti-government militia types, out to kill or maim the "innocents."
While we all know NOTHING could be further from the truth.

We as gun owners have effectively been divided along the lines of semi-autos and magazine capacity, black rifles vs trap/skeet guns.
And the arguments in this thread are perfect examples of that.

Until this rift is repaired, or at least set aside, we have NO HOPE of our gun rights surviving.

Trail of tears, Sherman's march to the sea, Japanese(American) internment camps etc.. But, it won't happen here, it can't happen here. Yes, I fear "major corp(orations)" at times too, who do you think they bribe to do the things they do or get away with, often with just a slap on the wrist. How is John Corzine not in jail? I wonder...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top