JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CC,

Still no word.

If I don't hear from him by tomorrow, I'll re-email him.

If by the day after I still don't hear from him I'm going to guess he's ducking.

odd timing, i just got a call from them wanting money. I was going to tell them off then I realised it was just some poor person who does not even work for them. Just some person trying to earn a living so I just said no thank you.o_O

Holy crap.
Hope this gets worked out. But let's be honest, the HAVE been strong arming folks for money like the Boy Scouts have for years. And THAT organization is BS!!

Holy crap.
Hope this gets worked out. But let's be honest, the HAVE been strong arming folks for money like the Boy Scouts have for years. And THAT organization is BS!!
GOA is way worse. I gave money once and couldn't get them to stop begging. Worst money grubbers anywhere. Horrible people.

SAF has done a lot for shooters and they're way less intrusive then GOA.

If you can't deal with NRA try SAF.

There's a gun group out there that needs $ and you should pick the one you like. Doesn't have to be NRA

Last Edited:
CC,

Haven't heard a word back from the NRA guy.

I've decided I won't re-email him.

He ducking me and that's his choice.
In my mind, that alone might be a clue.

It's also possible he's just busy or out of town for the NRA convention. If you do eventually hear back from him, I'm definitely interested in his take on things.

Thanks for the update!

CC,

Yes, I'll be glad to keep you up to date.

He's really a good guy, but I have to wonder given his NRA affiliation if he thinks it impolitic of him to give me a candid answer...? Therefore it's simpler not to answer my questions.

We'll see...or not.

Time will tell.

CC,

Yes, I'll be glad to keep you up to date.

He's really a good guy, but I have to wonder given his NRA affiliation if he thinks it impolitic of him to give me a candid answer...? Therefore it's simpler not to answer my questions.

We'll see...or not.

Time will tell.
A prof who was a retired USAF LTC clued me in on the practice of 'damning with faint praise' when I noticed his conspicuous silence in reply to certain questions. "Faint praise is condemnation, silence when I can't muster even THAT level of nicety."

Have any of you been following what's going on at NRAM?

• Last week The New Yorker published the following piece about the NRA. It basically details a lot of financial mismanagement and self serving by the NRA management and their PR Firm Ackerman McQueen. Note that the New Yorker is a pretty Left leaning paper so I tend to take their stuff with a pretty healthy dose of skepticism. But the article echos what I've seen from other sources...

• Then at the start of NRAM, Oliver North and the Board asked for Wayne's resignation...

According to someone we've spoken to who's in a position to know, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre met with influential board members and fund-raisers last night and was asked for his resignation. The meeting reportedly became heated and LaPierre stormed out. He then responded to the demand with a scathing letter to those involved, refusing to step down.

• Wayne said "no way" and apparently stormed out. And then later issued the following letter
  • Oliver North subsequently resigned...
  • NRA Members and folks on the outside are scratching their/our heads trying to sort out who is telling the truth, who is lying, what's really going on, etc.

• And just recently, Rob Pincus published the following in Ammoland. If you don't know, Rob Serves as Executive VP of the GOA board but is a regular voting member of the NRA, so he was apparently at this morning's meeting. I realize a lot of folks don't care for Rob. He's not really my favorite either but at this point, I'm just looking for information and trying to figure out what the heck is actually happening...
If anyone has any additional sources of information on all this, please share. Thoughts and comments appreciated as well. :)

I'm sitting back having pie and watching this soap opera unravel. The NRA is about to enjoy some pie too.

The difference is their flavor will be different than mine. I suspect theirs will be humble flavored.

I'm tired of their BS and continuous wheedling for money. I only support them because they're the loudest pro 2A voice we have, otherwise I'd have cut them loose years ago.

It's okay if it's in the news, we have greedy and incompetent people on our side too.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant. ;)

This has been going on for decades.

I don't know who is right and who isn't, but it is a mess.

But like I said in another thread, this is the kind of thing you see from any org - from little HOAs up to the UN.

Besides this cluster **** I stopped supporting them when it became obvious to me that their support for legislation and politicians was more centered around power than around protecting my rights. There have been legislators and other people they should have supported who were more friendly to the Second Amendment than the people they aligned with, but they supported others instead because of the power it gave them and the people they supported.

Along those lines, they also often supported legislation that threw certain segments of the gun community under the bus, and didn't seem to understand that the Second Amendment was about all arms, not just the most popular ones. Finally, when they supported politicians who gave lip service to the Second Amendment but were enemies of the other rights they should have supported also - such as the First and Fourth Amendments - that was the final straw for me. The Second Amendment is important, but so are our other rights.

Wayne LaPierre reminds me of a professional politician, of course he can't take the hint that it's past time for him to relinquish his position and allow new blood to take a turn. I'm a Patriot member but the only money I ever contribute to the NRA is in the form of gift purchases, like T-Shirts & patches--I save my actual donation $$ for the other gun groups

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top