JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That's weird, I was just about to edit my post above and noticed no EDIT button. That has to be a bug.

I was going to say that the Edit Title option is now gone on my thread, so it must have a strict time limit. That's cool!

EDIT: I just figured out how to edit... It's that 3-line thingy on the lower-right corner.

I like the look of the new version, particularly the user interface. I still miss the popup alert though.

I'm sure it's a bug, but when using the dolphin browser and viewing the home page, most of the sub-directories have a gray box at the bottom with text info. For example, below the Off topic forum in General Firearm Talk, the box displays: 320X50 #4. Only the Accessories, Maintenance, & Repair and Classifieds directories do not experience this.

Overall i enjoy the new interface and find the mobile version faster and more stable. Thanks for all the hard work!

Joe, the alignment is not with the email you get, let me try and put this into clearer words, i know i haven't done so far.

If you get a notification (of an update) to a thread, emailed to you, then you click on the 'view thread' button, the page loads in your browser and it also scrolls down to align the top of the new post with the top of your browser view area.

Currently, in the new style, it does not show the top portion of the new post, it cuts it off (page view scrolls down a little too far) and the amount by which it is off, looks to be about the height of the new title bar.

I did not read all the replies so this may have already been addressed.

I am not a fan of increasing the number of operations to get to a desired spot. When I visit the site I always use the "new posts" button. You should be able to get to "new content" from any screen you are on with one click. Same with looking at notifications. They should be available from the screen you are on without having to click someplace else first to get to there.

I understand the menu functions make the page cleaner looking, but for things that happen all the time, like checking notifications or viewing new content it should be a one step process to get there :D

Hi Joe,
I really like the "Recent Post" option of version 2. Its the first place I go on the site. I may have missed it on version 3.......did not see it.
The site is looking good, thanks for your efforts.
Barney

I will say it's a drastic improvement on a mobile device. Much cleaner.

I still want to be able to hover over a notification button and see new alerts without having to leave the page I am on ;-)

I miss the avatars on the "recent posts" list of new posts.

Other then that its good.

Edit: some issues with the top banner getting stuck in my typing area on an iphone using chrome.

I like the separation between 'Sticky' threads and 'new' threads in a forum section (the thin grey line). It gives an easy identification to where the new threads begin.

When you go to read a thread with multiple pages that you've not visited for a few days......The shading on the page [second out of four pages for instance] is so close to the others it's really hard to see which page you left off on.

I am not a fan of increasing the number of operations to get to a desired spot. When I visit the site I always use the "new posts" button. You should be able to get to "new content" from any screen you are on with one click. Same with looking at notifications. They should be available from the screen you are on without having to click someplace else first to get to there.

I understand the menu functions make the page cleaner looking, but for things that happen all the time, like checking notifications or viewing new content it should be a one step process to get there :D

@Joe Link - I said basically the same thing earlier, but wanted to give another +1 to this. After using over the weekend, it's getting really tedious not to have alerts and new content showing on each page - without having to click through several times to get there - same with inbox (messages) not being available on the page. I would really like to see inbox and alerts as pop-ups/hover windows like in 2.0 - I use those a lot.

Feels like more work to do the things I was doing before. I think I'm going to switch back to 2.0 for now.

I'm with The IronMonster.:D

@Joe Link - I said basically the same thing earlier, but wanted to give another +1 to this. After using over the weekend, it's getting really tedious not to have alerts and new content showing on each page - without having to click through several times to get there - same with inbox (messages) not being available on the page. I would really like to see inbox and alerts as pop-ups/hover windows like in 2.0 - I use those a lot.

Feels like more work to do the things I was doing before. I think I'm going to switch back to 2.0 for now.

Hi Joe,
I really like the "Recent Post" option of version 2. Its the first place I go on the site. I may have missed it on version 3.......did not see it.
The site is looking good, thanks for your efforts.
Barney

That's weird, I was just about to edit my post above and noticed no EDIT button. That has to be a bug.

I was going to say that the Edit Title option is now gone on my thread, so it must have a strict time limit. That's cool!

EDIT: I just figured out how to edit... It's that 3-line thingy on the lower-right corner.

It's good so far. Took me awhile to get used to the other revisions as well. Will we be able to edit the title with this version?
Will

We now have a 5 minute time limit on editing titles.

Hey Joe,
Could we keep the blue dots on the left side of new posts on 3.0 there black. For me its easier to tell there new unread posts.
Stacy

I like the look of the new version, particularly the user interface. I still miss the popup alert though.

I'm sure it's a bug, but when using the dolphin browser and viewing the home page, most of the sub-directories have a gray box at the bottom with text info. For example, below the Off topic forum in General Firearm Talk, the box displays: 320X50 #4. Only the Accessories, Maintenance, & Repair and Classifieds directories do not experience this.

Overall i enjoy the new interface and find the mobile version faster and more stable. Thanks for all the hard work!

It sounds like this is by far the largest dislike? I'm brainstorming options for how we can fix it. Perhaps a 'quick link' bar of these buttons at the top of the sidebar? I think that would be the cleanest concept.

Joe, the alignment is not with the email you get, let me try and put this into clearer words, i know i haven't done so far.

If you get a notification (of an update) to a thread, emailed to you, then you click on the 'view thread' button, the page loads in your browser and it also scrolls down to align the top of the new post with the top of your browser view area.

Currently, in the new style, it does not show the top portion of the new post, it cuts it off (page view scrolls down a little too far) and the amount by which it is off, looks to be about the height of the new title bar.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I'll add it to the list.

Guess I am the minority, but just like the Version 2 better than 3
Much more user friendly.

Sorry Joe, but I find the old version more intuitive.:(

Moot point though. By the time I get back in town it will all be settled.o_O

I can handle it.;)

Thank you for the opinions guys. Hopefully we can work together to make it less unintuitive :D

I will say it's a drastic improvement on a mobile device. Much cleaner.

I still want to be able to hover over a notification button and see new alerts without having to leave the page I am on ;-)

Mobile was a huge focus, partly because it bothered me so much when I was on it myself!

I miss the avatars on the "recent posts" list of new posts.

Other then that its good.

Edit: some issues with the top banner getting stuck in my typing area on an iphone using chrome.

I'll see if I can reproduce this. Any tips for making it happen?

When you go to read a thread with multiple pages that you've not visited for a few days......The shading on the page [second out of four pages for instance] is so close to the others it's really hard to see which page you left off on.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews