JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I have also noted that in the "LIKE" area, the ~REPORT~ icon is rather close, on the iPad, Safari.... (Note, Big Fat German FINGERS)!!!!!!!!

I will soon Only be able to use my iPad, as I get Rotator Cuff Surgery, This Thursday, the 18th...

philip
Who is ordering a lock the iPad to the Table holder, so he can input!!!!

I have also noted that in the "LIKE" area, the ~REPORT~ icon is rather close, on the iPad, Safari.... (Note, Big Fat German FINGERS)!!!!!!!!

I will soon Only be able to use my iPad, as I get Rotator Cuff Surgery, This Thursday, the 18th...

philip
Who is ordering a lock the iPad to the Table holder, so he can input!!!!

Are you talking about this latest version? The report link should be in the control menu on the far right.

upload_2015-6-16_9-27-26.png

I hope your surgery goes well!

Are you talking about this latest version? The report link should be in the control menu on the far right.

View attachment 243061

I hope your surgery goes well!

No, on the bottom line where you can "Report" or "Like" or "Share", etc. the spacing is way to close in ~real estate~ So that I occasionally hit the wrong icon button to "Like a Post"

Surgery will be a happy happy day... It almost Nine months of VA Issues, only to transfer to the new Veterans CHOICE, and go from First Visit, to Surgery, in less than a Month, and that was longer, than should be, due to VA not shipping MRI's to my new provider... But all is well!

philip :D

Feedback has wound down a bit, have any of you been using the new version consistently since it was enabled?

You may have addressed this, Joe, but I really miss getting an excerpt when hovering over a thread title in the forum list, especially in the classifieds.

Yep, we've spent considerable time developing an option so those who want it can have it and those who don't can turn it off :D

I am still having intermittent issues while typing on an iphone.

It is still randomly locking my keyboard up and the banner sometimes will drop to the center of my screen and i wont be able to see what I'm typing.

Backing out of the keyboard and then reopening it seems to generally fix the problem.

Not being constant, I'm sure it will be tough to fix.

Still using chrome, safari reloads the pages so often that it is near impossible to navigate the site.

I so not have these issues with any other forum I frequent.

Feedback has wound down a bit, have any of you been using the new version consistently since it was enabled?
Do you mean Feedback in Ver3.0? I haven't tried feedback in the newest, but I've definitely been using it in 2.0 without any problems. I can't imagine enough people have switched over to 3.0 that you would see a noticeable reduction in anything over the last week that could be tied to technical issues.. You're just talking about a subset (members who have switched over to 3.0) of a subset (Supporting members).

Sumer just started in earnest in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Perhaps this is the reason for any perceived downtick.

I think he men's feedback in general (per this thread) and not the use of the feedback button/option/whatever

Bringing up ancient threads as "Similar threads" at the bottom of a thread seems somewhat of a joke. I've noticed that the similar threads that are listed my have nothing to do with the topic.

Also, it just ads another step to getting where I want when I click "General firearm Talk" and that section is all that's there, causing me to click "Forum" to then scroll down to something else. That probably doesn't make sense.

I've switched back to 2.0.

I've gotten older and set in my ways, change is a pain if I don't see some advantage to it.

Mike

I switched back to 2.0 a few days ago. I'm still held up by the alerts, inbox and new posts buttons being set back instead of being immediately available up front. I use those functions all the time, so having to dig a layer or two in to find them turns me off.

I just accidentally discovered a cool little feature in 3.0. If I just want to reply to a single portion of someone's previous post, I merely highlight that sentence with my mouse. Then a window pops up to prompt me to use that selected portion as a quote in a reply. Very cool!!

I am still having intermittent issues while typing on an iphone.

It is still randomly locking my keyboard up and the banner sometimes will drop to the center of my screen and i wont be able to see what I'm typing.

Backing out of the keyboard and then reopening it seems to generally fix the problem.

Not being constant, I'm sure it will be tough to fix.

Still using chrome, safari reloads the pages so often that it is near impossible to navigate the site.

I so not have these issues with any other forum I frequent.

@Joe13

This sounds like a fairly major issue, I definitely need to figure it out.

What version is your iPhone? If it's a 6, is it a 6 or a 6+?

To confirm, you're using Chrome? Can you explain the issue with Safari reloading the pages (sounds like a separate issue)?

Bringing up ancient threads as "Similar threads" at the bottom of a thread seems somewhat of a joke. I've noticed that the similar threads that are listed my have nothing to do with the topic.

Also, it just ads another step to getting where I want when I click "General firearm Talk" and that section is all that's there, causing me to click "Forum" to then scroll down to something else. That probably doesn't make sense.

I've switched back to 2.0.

I've gotten older and set in my ways, change is a pain if I don't see some advantage to it.

Mike

At this point, I tend to agree. It's currently just a basic search for similar keywords in the title. In the future, as we encourage members to use more descriptive topics, this will be a useful feature for those looking for specific information.

On your second point, where are you clicking "General Firearm Talk"? That's a feature we just enabled (effecting both 2.0 and 3.0), where you can go 'into' a category to display just those sections. I agree with you that it's confusing and useless, so I'm thinking we'll disable that.

I switched back to 2.0 a few days ago. I'm still held up by the alerts, inbox and new posts buttons being set back instead of being immediately available up front. I use those functions all the time, so having to dig a layer or two in to find them turns me off.

I think this is our main hangup right now, the classic 'simplify the interface' or 'maximize quick access'. I'm still learning the ins and outs of UI design, so I'm trying to come up with the best balance of both. PM me if you get a chance and maybe we can come up with some options.

I just accidentally discovered a cool little feature in 3.0. If I just want to reply to a single portion of someone's previous post, I merely highlight that sentence with my mouse. Then a window pops up to prompt me to use that selected portion as a quote in a reply. Very cool!!

We're trying to incorporate a few of these cool features into the new version, but we'll be downplaying them until we get the core functionality squared away :D

I wanted to get that huge yellow notice off the screen, so I enabled a dismissible pop-up and built a version switcher for the sidebar.

upload_2015-6-19_15-12-47.png

This switcher is available in the same location in both versions. It's designed to keep you on whichever page you're currently on, useful for comparing the 2.0 vs 3.0 version of nearly everything on the site.

On your second point, where are you clicking "General Firearm Talk"? That's a feature we just enabled (effecting both 2.0 and 3.0), where you can go 'into' a category to display just those sections. I agree with you that it's confusing and useless, so I'm thinking we'll disable that.

It not doing that anymore.......

The "Highlight" that CHLchris mentions is "DA BOMB" I don't participate on any other sites besides ifish, Ive got to figure that little gem there is heads above other sites though. Gotta keep that!

I'll run 3.0 again and see what's coming and going with it.

Edit:
I'm thinking that getting to "edit" by hitting the little lines at the lower right my cause issues for people.

Thanx!

It not doing that anymore.......

The "Highlight that CHLchris mentions is "DA BOMB" Gotta keep that!

I'll run 3.0 again and see what's coming and going with it.

Thanx!

Nope, I switched it off earlier :)

I appreciate it if you guys can try to run 3.0 as often as possible and give feedback on any challenges, be them technical, issues with the design, the frustration of learning something new, or anything else!

I wanted to get that huge yellow notice off the screen, so I enabled a dismissible pop-up and built a version switcher for the sidebar.

View attachment 243416

This switcher is available in the same location in both versions. It's designed to keep you on whichever page you're currently on, useful for comparing the 2.0 vs 3.0 version of nearly everything on the site.

THANK YOU, for dis abling the Yeller Banner!!!

All CAPS was On Porpoise!!!

Tonight, I am actually HOLDING my iPad, in my left hand, this morning I could not even KNOW there was a LEFT Hand, other than Min Boggeling NUMBNESS!!!!

Surgery Sucess!!!!

Also, to the POINT: 3.0 is a keeper for me, latest generation but not Top of Line full size iPad. Safari, always updated, I still use Opera, because it shares bookmarks easier, to my MacBookPro....

I have only one question from post above, What is a "MOUSE"???? :D

philipisms for the day, have a Rye Cents of Humor... :confused:

I've noticed that the similar threads that are listed my have nothing to do with the topic.
I've noticed this same thing, but in the Classifieds (where keywords are much more important) this feature could be really helpful. I do have one suggestion, however, for this feature.

You know how, in Advanced Search, the user can choose Sort by Most Relevant or Most Recent? I believe the rules of this feature are set for relevance, which is why it might be resurrecting ancient threads. Perhaps it could be set for Most Recent.

But then, in researching this question just now, I noticed that this choice (Relevant or Recent) has now been turned off in both 2.0 and 3.0. Was this turned off on purpose, or by accident? Especially for classifieds, choosing Most Recent is a really important option. I don't care if a Glock 36 was available in November 2013.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads