JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Look is cleaner which I like. I'll get use to the change in interface. Nothing glaring right away. Currently running IE, I'll switch to Chrome and Firefox later and check with those as well. Then try it with my phone. Rick

I've noticed Feedback Scores seem to be missing in 3.0 on the left under names.

That's correct. The feedback has been moved to the member card, which pops up when a username is clicked. This saves a significant amount of server resources and also cleans up the interface.

Right now the feedback is in there, but it's represented as a percentage. We're going to change this to match the 0-0-0 format of the user menu (the top right icon).

I've noticed this same thing, but in the Classifieds (where keywords are much more important) this feature could be really helpful. I do have one suggestion, however, for this feature.

You know how, in Advanced Search, the user can choose Sort by Most Relevant or Most Recent? I believe the rules of this feature are set for relevance, which is why it might be resurrecting ancient threads. Perhaps it could be set for Most Recent.

But then, in researching this question just now, I noticed that this choice (Relevant or Recent) has now been turned off in both 2.0 and 3.0. Was this turned off on purpose, or by accident? Especially for classifieds, choosing Most Recent is a really important option. I don't care if a Glock 36 was available in November 2013.

The relevance feature has been disabled for quite some time, due to a server software conflict. Once this new version is launched we'll be looking into an alternate solution which will re-enable this feature.

Hey!! Ads are starting to populate! Cool...good work!

Yep! We tried to incorporate them in a non-invasive way. I'm hoping that by breaking them up they'll perform better as well. More money = more outreach = more support for the 2A.

Look is cleaner which I like. I'll get use to the change in interface. Nothing glaring right away. Currently running IE, I'll switch to Chrome and Firefox later and check with those as well. Then try it with my phone. Rick

Thanks for the feedback, Rick.

Alerts are a little confusing. It showed me 2 next to the small icon in the corner but when I click the drop down (slide menu) I was l was left to guess what it meant. Using Firefox now.

Alerts are a little confusing. It showed me 2 next to the small icon in the corner but when I click the drop down (slide menu) I was l was left to guess what it meant. Using Firefox now.

I've noticed that it seems the alerts are de-synchronized. I'll be looking into it.

Hmm, mine switched back to 2.0 somehow, only just realised :)

That might happen with the daily updates we're doing (automatically getting kicked back to 2.0). There's now a link in the sidebar to switch back and forth :)

I just updated the first post of this thread with a list of issues, suggestions, and complaints.

On one of those I'll comment that there may not be a lot to do about it. By their very nature using small devices required more clicks because they are not conducive to showing us much information on each view. While it should be limited as much as possible there might not be any solution to eliminate it entirely without running multiple versions of the forum for several devices. I haven't checked it with a phone yet so I'm not sure of the underlying structure but I do know that maintaining several versions for several devices is a daunting task.

On one of those I'll comment that there may not be a lot to do about it. By their very nature using small devices required more clicks because they are not conducive to showing us much information on each view. While it should be limited as much as possible there might not be any solution to eliminate it entirely without running multiple versions of the forum for several devices. I haven't checked it with a phone yet so I'm not sure of the underlying structure but I do know that maintaining several versions for several devices is a daunting task.

Exactly, there's no way we'll be able to run multiple versions. The new site is 'responsive', meaning it detects the visitors screen size and displays the site according to how we set it to display for that particular size. On smaller screens items will hide and collapse to fit. Single site, but works much better across all devices. It will look different on a desktop versus a tablet versus a mobile phone, but we've gone to great lengths to ensure the experience is the same.

Seems the Alert problem is only intermittently working. Meaning a red alert # is not showing up properly inside the drop-down menu also, to indicate which alert is operative. Sometimes it does work, and other times it does not.

Another issue that has been commented on: When an alert link is clicked on, or when going to any specified location in the site, the top of the post or menu or link or whatever is hidden behind the title banner and one has to scroll down a couple clicks to be able to see the top. Not a big issue, but an annoying little glitch.

Joe,

When you turn your attention to the Donation page, may I suggest that you offer an option to simply donate to the cause of your choice? Not to buy a membership status, but rather, just an extra donation if one wishes to do so. An option where the user may enter any amount they wish and choose to direct their funds to a specific area.

There could be at least three options... Donate to 'General Fund', Donate to the 'Volunteer Center' or Donate to 'Other' (Please specify which 'Other' you would like your funds to be designated to).

As NWFA expands and extends greater support to gun owners and our Second Amendments Rights, we will encounter financial burdens associated with these new efforts. Therefore, we will need to provide a means for achieving our goals. This would be a simple way for each of us to contribute to specific causes and will help achieve greater things.

Bill

Not sure which thread to put this one.

The scroll wheel on the mouse now only works on about 50% of the pages.
It works fine on every other website I tried, its just here a bunch of pages are making it not work.
Just an FYI

And liked the
Online now list and the site stats on the top right better also.
upload_2015-6-24_20-0-25.png

Members online list right below thee snip.

Last Edited:
I've seem to be seeing a glitch that is difficult to describe. The window shifts format now and then because an extra slidey bar suddenly shows up and disappears. I'm talking about the bar on the far right-hand side of everyone's browser window that allows a user to slide up and down the page. Well, an extra one pops up right inside of the primary one, and then pops away again. When it pops up, it makes the window a 1/4" narrower (or whatever is the width of the slidey bar) and all the text reorients for the smaller window...not much, just enough to be noticeable. I am running Chrome on a Mac. This only happens in 3.0.

@Joe Link, I was wondering if we can get the user avatars next to the threads on the mobile apps? I'm sure this has to do with saving space, but I really like that feature, it helps more easily see who is posting a thread. It's there in 2.0, but gone in 3.0. Here is a shot from my tablet, showing the threads without the avatars:

IMG_0026a.jpg

It looks like there would be enough room on the screen. Or maybe this is about server resources?

I think you could easily lose some space in the 'replies/views' column. No need for that amount of space with the likely 'round count' for threads here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads