JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thinking about this today, I highly doubt we're going to use actual version control for version changes.

To simplify everything, we'll just refer to the new version as Version 3 (or V3), and the existing version as Version 2 (or V2).

Using Widows 10 on my tablet with the new Edge Browser and NFv3. All is well! Well I did have to search for NWFirearms and make a new favorite as the Explorer favorites remain with explorer.

Search question (may have been asked before, but, I haven't found it yet)... Will V3 be able to search for NWFA members in an area or city? Such as, if I wanted to find all members who live in, say, Klamath Falls Oregon or NE Washington, would I be able to derive a list from that?

This would be a tremendous help to some of us who may need to send alerts or information to our members in specific areas around the Northwest.

No, but do have some notes on how a system like that might work. I think a system like that would be instrumental in our organization of gun owners (providing they'd be willing to participate). My thought is to base it off of zip codes.

Search question (may have been asked before, but, I haven't found it yet)... Will V3 be able to search for NWFA members in an area or city? Such as, if I wanted to find all members who live in, say, Klamath Falls Oregon or NE Washington, would I be able to derive a list from that?

This would be a tremendous help to some of us who may need to send alerts or information to our members in specific areas around the Northwest.

As I give it more thought, I'm thinking it could easily be abused by vendors using it as a marketing tool. Would want to subject members to unwanted solicitations. Could make it a special feature only available to those with top secret clearance!:cool:

I like the 'temporary links', top right side under the ad space 300x250 #2. I've missed the ability to simply hover over alerts & mail and see the auto-drop down boxes without clicking. Just noticed it and like it.

Wondering why it says 'temporary'? Do you have another plan for the mouse hover?

Apologies for not reading the whole thread before adding this in here...it may have already been covered.

I'd love to see a faster way to get to my "watched" threads and forums besides having to go to my profile and then going to watched threads. Sometimes I like to go through the old watched threads and unwatch old classifieds that I no longer am interested in or that are now closed or sold.

...and for some reason the adds in the right margin of the page are all just grey squares with a number and a pixel size.

I like the 'temporary links', top right side under the ad space 300x250 #2. I've missed the ability to simply hover over alerts & mail and see the auto-drop down boxes without clicking. Just noticed it and like it.

Wondering why it says 'temporary'? Do you have another plan for the mouse hover?

We haven't finalized how that's going to work, but your feedback is inline with what others have said. I think what we'll end up doing is adding two icons up top next to the User Menu icon on the right. I originally wanted to put everything in the user menu, but those links are just too convenient.

upload_2015-8-10_17-12-27.png

Apologies for not reading the whole thread before adding this in here...it may have already been covered.

I'd love to see a faster way to get to my "watched" threads and forums besides having to go to my profile and then going to watched threads. Sometimes I like to go through the old watched threads and unwatch old classifieds that I no longer am interested in or that are now closed or sold.

...and for some reason the adds in the right margin of the page are all just grey squares with a number and a pixel size.

Understandable, it's getting long.

Take a look at this thread for instructions on adding Quick Links: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/choosing-quick-links-and-other-options.201176/

Those 'ads' are just placeholders. The numbers are their size for easy reference.

Understandable, it's getting long.

Take a look at this thread for instructions on adding Quick Links: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/choosing-quick-links-and-other-options.201176/

Those 'ads' are just placeholders. The numbers are their size for easy reference.

I figured that's what the "ads" were about. Thanks for the Quick Links pointer - I had figured they were meant for something along those lines but hadn't quite figured out where/how to actually put anything in there. Now I'll have to test it all out on my phone again. Thanks!

I figured that's what the "ads" were about. Thanks for the Quick Links pointer - I had figured they were meant for something along those lines but hadn't quite figured out where/how to actually put anything in there. Now I'll have to test it all out on my phone again. Thanks!

I think the Quick Links thing is too complicated at this point, so I'm looking for a better way to configure them.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads