JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost done! Hand tightened everything but need to get together with my friend to use his vise and properly tighten down the barrel nut and comp.

image.jpeg

I wonder why you dont buy a noveske and drop a leupold on it :) thats a NW gun!!
Why buy a noveske anything? Their parts are all machined by mega now days not even done by SMOS in southern Oregon anymore. (SMOS designed and produced gen3 noveske receivers and rails, not noveske as they would have you believe). Truly a stamp your name on the end product company for the last few years unfortunately. I can't personally think of a single part they (noveske) produce in house.

Last Edited:
The magpul is Wyoming, that's not too bad. Still from free America...
As a bonus Magpul kept their building in Boulder, CO and still has their signage up (last I checked) - bet that goes over great with the anti 2A population in Boulder. Also - glad they stuck to their word and moved those jobs and tax revenue out of CO as they said they would do. - Stand up company - they also set up a rush order to CO residents prior to the mag ban going into effect. Knowing that many didn't want to risk receiving their mags after the deadline Magpul did several regional sales up to the last day they could legally be sold in CO.

One of the reasons they moved operations to WY is that the commute is roughly an hour from most of their former manufacturing sites so those who didn't want to move could keep their jobs if they chose to.

Why buy a noveske anything? Their parts are all machined by mega now days not even done by SMOS in southern Oregon anymore. (SMOS designed and produced gen3 noveske receivers and rails, not noveske as they would have you believe). Truly a stamp your name on the end product company for the last few years unfortunately. I can't personally think of a single part they (noveske) produce in house.

Well aint that a darn shame!! So what im hearing is you have to get a rifle when Johnny was alive.. Then its a real noveske :)

are the hex mags better than the pmags? a few years back I basicly heard about everywhere I went that everything was terrible compared to the pmags.. I dont think hex mags were very popular at that time, Troy battle mags and lancer mags were coming apart at the seams, and pmags were like 10 - 13$ a mag.. and the others were like either 8 - 10 or 15 a mag..

I have probably 8 or 10 pmag gen 2's and some have stayed loaded for the last 2 years without any issues.

Just wondering.

Of the main choices - magpul, Lancer, troy, hexmags, they are all good. That includes good old gi mags with an anti tilt follower. I usually get magpul gen 2's.

From what I hear M2's are very good, M3's a little better... as a general rule, my gut is saying if I see one of the major names for around $13 or less it's Buy Time.

BTW, if it helps to know right now Brownells has a deal on 30 Pmags for $289 with code from Slickguns. If I had $300 spare sitting in checking I'd be flipping a coin between that or seeing how many Hexmags I could snag for around $9 at Lanbo's...

As a bonus Magpul kept their building in Boulder, CO and still has their signage up (last I checked) - bet that goes over great with the anti 2A population in Boulder. Also - glad they stuck to their word and moved those jobs and tax revenue out of CO as they said they would do. - Stand up company - they also set up a rush order to CO residents prior to the mag ban going into effect. Knowing that many didn't want to risk receiving their mags after the deadline Magpul did several regional sales up to the last day they could legally be sold in CO.

One of the reasons they moved operations to WY is that the commute is roughly an hour from most of their former manufacturing sites so those who didn't want to move could keep their jobs if they chose to.

At one time part of WY was included in WA Territory. FWIW.

Brutus Out

At one time part of WY was included in WA Territory. FWIW.

Brutus Out
Kinda like the "killing zone" in Yellowstone? The park falls under one federal jurisdiction but there is a small part of the park that doesn't and the way the laws are written (unless they did a work around in the last couple of years) they have no legal way of prosecuting someone for crimes committed in that part.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top