JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've started to order parts for my first AR15 build which I'm dubbing the Northwest AR15 since the majority of the major parts are from companies either in the Northwest or owned by companies in the Northwest.

Here's the parts list:
  • Northwest:
    • Aero Precision assembled upper (WA)
    • Aero Precision stripped lower (WA)
    • Ballistic Advantage 17.7" Hanson mid-length performance series barrel (FL but owned by Aero)
    • Odin Works 223 nitride BCG (ID)
    • Seekins Precision NOXs M-LOK 15" Rail (ID)
  • Non NW:
    • Midwest Industries 3-CHAMBER AR Muzzle Brake (WI)
    • Magpul MOE® Carbine Stock - FDE (WY)
    • Strike Industries ARCH - AR-15 Charging Handle - Extended Latch (CA)
    • JBO Lower Receiver Parts Kit WITHOUT Trigger (KS)
    • JBO Stainless Steel Gas Tube - Mid Length (KS)
    • Hiperfire Hipertouch EDT Enhanced Duty Trigger (MN)
    • ERGO 2 Suregrip - FDE (NM)
    • Spikes Tactical 6pos Milspec Carbine Stock Hardware Kit with T2 Buffer (FL)
    • 30rd Hexmag - FDE (CO)
    • Diamondhead Polymer Sights (MA)
Will update with pics as things start arriving

Last Edited:
Got the lower today

image.jpeg

How many of these companies make their own parts and not just stamp their name on them??

How many of these companies make their own parts and not just stamp their name on them??
Aero manufactures their own lowers and uppers and Ballistic advantage is one of the few companies that actually make their own barrels. I'm pretty sure Seekins makes their own handguards but Odin works confirmed that someone else makes their BCG.

I wonder why you dont buy a noveske and drop a leupold on it :) thats a NW gun!!
Can't afford that...:(

I know.. me to.. I wish I could afford a Noveske.. but thats one expensive AR.. whats your price tag coming out to for this build?? I would guess over 1k with all the individual parts.

Received the barrel, upper receiver and bolt carrier group this weekend! Threw some of the parts together to see what it might look like, not installed yet just mock up.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nice looking build! I tried to get as many local/NW parts are well when I did my builds.

For anybody looking for a made in PNW barrel, I bought mine from Black Hole Industries - made in St. Helens, Oregon. A bit spendy, but made from stainless, have polygonal rifling, and nitrided. Those factors mean they will outlast me and probably whoever gets them in my will. BH also makes Ranier's Select polygonal barrels.

Last Edited:
Pretty much have got all the parts now except for the Magpul MOE Stock. One of the first things I ordered and got it for a great price of $24 shipped but it's taking Viking armament, the store I bought from, awhile...

Pretty much have got all the parts now except for the Magpul MOE Stock. One of the first things I ordered and got it for a great price of $24 shipped but it's taking Viking armament, the store I bought from, awhile...

Just talked to Mike at Viking Armament and they're gonna ship out the stock today but because it took them a week to ship out he's giving me a refund and free swag! Great customer service from Viking Armament!

What Magpul stock did you go with? I went the mil-spec ACS-L. Can't wait to get it all together.

Geno

For my first AR build I decided to go with Magpul MOE gear too, since my upper (Spike's 16" LE) came with the MOE handguard. All black for the first build, but I bet my second build will have some ODG on it.

Geno

For my first build, I used the Mega Arms gtr3h ambi billet lower and the keymod rifle length billet upper. It also runs the Odinworks 18inch DMR profile barrel. Very happy with that build.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top