JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, other than issuing double ballots to voters in liberal bastions, what other steps do you all think the pro-I1639 people will try to sway voters?

Well, my local paper gave one of the local Gun Safety Alliance reps about double the space of the 'No' side last week. Yes, this woman went to tout all the 'positives' to 1639, conveniently leaving out the worst 'fine' print, as well as the significant LE opposition. She blathered the usual "semiautomatic rifles are designed to kill as many people as possible as fast as possible. Really? Really?? Show me one, just ONE single civilian brochure or advertisement expounding on "Our X [insert rifle make/model] will allow you murder as many law-abiding, innocent citizens in the shortest time possible!!" Just.One.Single.Ad. I've must of missed that ad for the 10/22 over the past few decades. But let's let the folks with zero hands on experience tell other folks, who'll be directly effected, what's best. Maybe if she knows nothing about automotive repair, she can go down and tell the mechanics how to rebuild an Audi Quattro transmission.

And yes, she claims when she was out gathering signatures (translation: got paid), she "...met countless gun owners who enthusiastically signed the petition." o_O Really?? She can't count the 3 or 4 misinformed folks who probably only do things like shoot at the skeet range [nothing against skeet shooters, good sport] and think signing away their RIGHTS is OK? Call me skeptical, but most gun owners who actually no what this initiative is doing, and setting up for the future, absolutely DO NOT support it.

The 'it's easier to buy an AR than a handgun' is getting grossly abused as well. Yep, you just go into the local hardware store, hand over a couple hundo's and out the door you go. Easy peasy. No paperwork or nuttin.' o_O

And the Seattle Times was nice enough to posts that some catholic bishops support 1639.:rolleyes:

I really hope that the 18-20 year old voters out there wake up and realize that throwing away their RIGHTS isn't a good idea. Better to have and not need than need and not have. Once given taken away, awful, awful hard to get them back. I wonder how many feel that if they're so immature, perhaps they shouldn't be operating a multi-thousand pound vehicle down the highway at 70 mph. Guessing not many.

If, by some grace, we defeat this, we need to go on the offensive and push some laws of our own to secure against this crap from happening again.

ABSOLUTELY, and regardless of what happens with 1639. Oregon's SAPO (Second Amendment Preservations Ordnances) are laying out a template/blueprint/roadmap that needs to pursued to the fullest legislative extent possible. Otherwise, it'll be 'death by a thousand cuts' because the extremists are NOT going to stop until the succeed with their goal of outlawing private firearm ownership. Period.

9 Days!!:eek: Anybody you know that hasn't turned in their ballot, remind them to vote and get those yellow envelops in. Offer to give them a ride down to the ballot box!!

BOSS

Last Edited:
Drove up to Seattle last week. Saw LOTS of NO on I-1639 signs along I-5; several in Seattle and Bellevue. Saw several vehicles with NO on I-1639 bumper stickers. All made me smile. Keep pushing back!!!

Vote, and vote often :D

Well, the bishops will support anything that draws attention away from their pedophile priests so their endorsement is probably not an asset.
Like Boss said The libtards pushing this bill tout the fluffy nice parts of the bill while hiding the details. It's the way they ALWAYS operate because they know that if people really knew what was in that bill they'd vote it down in a heartbeat.
Remember ""We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."?
Same libtard crap going on here
Write a law so obtuse and wordy that people will never read it then give it a BS fluffy name so people think its something else entirely
If they were honest, they would have named it the "Wipe your arse with the Constitution while making nobody any safer" initiative
Bah!

Safe gun storage is a great idea. It should not be the government's role to dictate the criteria as part of a liberal tax-and-ban scheme. And what about low income gun owners? The government, if it cared about safety, would encourage voluntary secure storage with tax credits or vouchers like it does for electric cars. That would make much more "common sense" than I-1639. But we know 1639 has nothing to do with safety.

I saw some no on I-1639 on East Lake Sammamish Parkway while driving though that area on Friday. Finally picked my ballot at my PO box and I am filling it out later on today.

It's typical politics...if instead of the 'Safe Schools, Safe Communities' misnomer it was instead called the 'Yearly background and medical checks for life when you buy a .22' initiative, it would be probably getting less than 10% support. Typical bait and switch, playing on the public's gullibility and short attention span (most won't try and parse through 30 pages of RCW's) so they get to literally 'sneak' something through on false premise in plain sight. They really like the idea of having the power to ignorantly dictate what they feel is acceptable for us to own and use.:oops: Such blissful ignorance combined with big $$ backing is obviously highly alarming. :eek:

Because what happens next when nothing changes and criminals keep committing crimes? Oh, 1639 didn't go 'far enough'? We obviously need MORE legislation...and more...and more...until the only real solution is to just to outlaw guns all together. Yep, just turn them in. Cuz then it'll be nothing but a rainbow & unicorn utopia I tell ya...o_O

Keep.Spreading.The.Word. Get.Those.Yellow.Ballots.In!!

Boss

"they" won't have to ban anything.

They have realized that their ends can be achieved through public manipulation and big spending. No politicians will have to answer for anything (as if they'd be challenged anyway)

They will get what they want through the initiative process. They learned that with 594.

"The people" will oblige them every time.
Because the masses aren't informed enough to care. Don't care to be informed and will vote accordingly.

The 18-21 crowd has their heads too far up their asses to pay attention... To tease or care that their rights are being arbitrarily stopped from them.

Maybe we should raise the age of majority to 21? If they can't be trusted with a firearm, can they be trusted to make sounds decisions at all?

^^Well, you'd have to be living in condition 'Ultra-White' (Color code of awareness) to be missing all the NO signs up. Unfortunately many are.:rolleyes:

But if signage and/or posted comments to the on-line articles are any indication, combined with the 'silent majority,' its highly unlikely 1639 will just sail thru...

But as indicated previously a large part of this who debacle is to force the 2A side to deplete a lot of money against this train wreck, and to that end, they, unfortunately succeeded.

If it were to pass, perhaps the Gun Safety Alliance can be sued to provide $2,000 safes to everyone as well as pay for all the 'approved' training, including per diem and mileage. You wanted, you pay for it.

Regardless, everyone here knows how to vote, gotta keep reaching out to everyone else.

BOSS

I get that. But a couple hundred guys putting up a couple thousand signs doesn't necessarily translate into 51% support.

I'm not trying to be defeatist here. I know that despite our best efforts in outreach and spending, we have a steep hill to climb.

If they were serious, they'd proclaim "Gun Safety Month" with a sales-tax holiday on gun safes.....

RCW 82.08.832
Exemptions—Sales of gun safes.

(1) The tax levied by RCW 82.08.020does not apply to sales of gun safes.
(2) As used in this section and RCW82.12.832, "gun safe" means an enclosure specifically designed or modified for the purpose of storing a firearm and equipped with a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device which, when locked, prevents the unauthorized use of the firearm.
[ 1998 c 178 § 1.]

I get that. But a couple hundred guys putting up a couple thousand signs doesn't necessarily translate into 51% support.

I'm not trying to be defeatist here. I know that despite our best efforts in outreach and spending, we have a steep hill to climb.

Agreed.

For the moment, I'm keeping the faith. I sincerely, truly hope that there's a lot of hunters, recreational shooters, and even some 18-20 year olds that will quietly vote 'No' on this travesty and give it the failure it deserves.

If enough 'suckers' do pass this thing, well, it's going to become very interesting to see what happens between Nov. 7 and Dec. 31. With the massive issues around this train wreck...the signatures...the improper 'multi-topic' initiative (age limits, restrictions, training requirements, 'enhanced' background checks, etc), it should be facing a court challenge by Nov. 8th.

But as has been pointed out, getting the 'semi-automatic assault weapon' designation to actually become a reality might be the real dark horse here. Just look at Step 3 of the King County Action Safety Plan, which is specifically for 'if and when' state preemption is repealed:eek::

Action Plan

You'll notice no mention of grandfathering. Seriously, if 1639 passes, y'all in King Co. may be faced with some very hard decisions very soon.:( And the rest of us not far behind.:(

Born and raised here, and this isn't the state I grew up in much any more...and that's not a compliment.

But like I say, keeping the faith for now.

BOSS

Well, if it does pass, maybe it'll be the shot in the arm to cure some of the apathy for voters out there and start getting WA headed back to red...Many a politician lost their jobs back in '94 with the AWB...I don't care if this is an initiative (by the people), you can bet those in Olympia have quite a bit of sway/say behind the scenes in what is going to happen here in the near future.

That being said...we here are far from alone...a tour of other places on the internet shows there's ALOT of folks putting in a lot of time opposing this. And there's still a lot of older native WA. residents in the Puget Sound yet...keep at it right up til the ballot boxes close.

Also, tomorrow (11/29) is the last day to register to vote in person.

Also, news is reporting over 200,000 ballots have been turned in in King Co. I guessing some folks already know which way the wind's blowing. If we start seeing a whole bunch of 'Support' commercials, things might not be going their way.

BOSS

Last Edited:
Apparently freeway offramps and under the overpasses is a no-go for signage. Our local spot just got cleared of all political signage. My NO signs as well, but this look morning i found that someone was a busy man over the weekend, and now passed about 15 different red NO signs on my way to work today all over hell. Maybe a little too late, but lets hope it helps.

Apparently freeway offramps and under the overpasses is a no-go for signage. Our local spot just got cleared of all political signage. My NO signs as well, but this look morning i found that someone was a busy man over the weekend, and now passed about 15 different red NO signs on my way to work today all over hell. Maybe a little too late, but lets hope it helps.
This is true. I work for WSDOT. Any signs in the right of way will be removed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top