JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
Are there any ads running that mention the ridiculous over-reach of designating tube-fed .22s as "assault rifles?"

Something like "the little 50 year old .22 my grandma used to hunt rabbits would be designated an 'assault rifle' and subjected to severe restrictions" would probably be at least as persuasive to voters without a strong pro- or anti-gun position than a doom-voiced personal protection argument.

I'm saying we should have both, not one or the other.

Are there any ads running that mention the ridiculous over-reach of designating tube-fed .22s as "assault rifles?"

Something like "the little 50 year old .22 my grandma used to hunt rabbits would be designated an 'assault rifle' and subjected to severe restrictions" would probably be at least as persuasive to voters without a strong pro- or anti-gun position than a doom-voiced personal protection argument.

Bonus if we could get a harmless, grandmotherly little old lady to make that point...

We are sharing the heck out of these.

Grandpa's gun at the range.jpg Grandpa's gun.jpg

Went for a drive with another pile of signs tonight. Had to replace at least a half dozen that I put in last night that were already MIA. 3-4 were pushed down too. Whoever else was out this past couple days needs a pat on the back. Several locations on my short list were nailed down which was great! I went sign for sign down near Clark College with the "vote democrat" signs as my wife giggled. Keep up the good work!!!

Front page of local paper has a banner on the top along the lines of 'Don't Tread on me/Vote No on 1639' and then inside about a 1/4 page letter from a LGS.:cool:

Along with *at least one* of the major news channels having to admit 4LE groups oppose...NOT insignificant, but you'll notice its difficult to catch at the opening of the video the 'Law enforcement agencies oppose' (the start of the video cuts it off...no sneaky trick too small:rolleyes:). You'll note the tap dancing that ensues trying to explain the LE opposition:

Gun safety initiative supporters launch final push as ballots go out

Towards the end, the says a recent polls puts support at 'almost 60%.' One can probably guess who they polled. And wasn't it supposedly like 70% not long ago?

A good start, and hopefully these points will keep getting hammered over the next 2 weeks. Especially the "... INDIVIDUAL constitutional rights, which, as law enforcement officers, we are SWORN to uphold." [Caps/bolding added for emphasis]. So maybe next time when the 1639 supporter(s) gets asked why law enforcement oppose 1639, they they'll actually be able to provide a meaningful answer.

Unfortunately, on the flip side, Seattle is loosing more ground. Let's just keep making the 2A side spend more and more money in legal costs to get the courts to actually enforce state preemption. o_O:confused::eek:

Lawsuit over Seattle's responsible gun storage law thrown out by judge

Keep Spreading.The.Word. Ballots are out, folks need submit.

Boss

Last Edited:
I am not certain Joey Gibson is the best spokesman for our cause. The uninformed (i.e. Most) voters are going to see the headline "White supremacist closes campus with anti I-1639 rally"
I fear that may result in them voting for 1639 just to show they oppose white supremacists.

I am not certain Joey Gibson is the best spokesman for our cause. The uninformed (i.e. Most) voters are going to see the headline "White supremacist closes campus with anti I-1639 rally"
I fear that may result in them voting for 1639 just to show they oppose white supremacists.
I agree with your statement. I don't think his group will help with the low info voters. All they see are the clashes they are involved with.

Good 'No on I1639' Opinion here:

Vote no on I-1639: Don't criminalize self-defense

There's a 'Yes' version, but I won't bother posting that link.

There was also an article in the Olympian yesterday, that while still slanted left, at least admitted to several flaws, and suggested that if it passes, it may be overturned by the court(s). I'm not seeing any comment:rolleyes::

I-1639: A big nudge to safety for gun culture

Tomorrow is two weeks until election day...the 4 LE groups' opposition needs to be spread as far and wide as possible. Supporters sure would like everyone to believe the so called polls, the NRA is scared, and that 'it will easily pass'...

Ballots are out, people are voting. If ALL the 2A voters in WA. take just the few minutes to get off their duff, check the 'No' box on 1639 and submit, it will hopefully be defeated at the ballot box.

15 Days. Keep.At.It. Spread.The.Word. Get.Out.The.Vote.

BOSS

Last Edited:
I know I may sound off the deep end, but if (and sadly, it very well could) Washington state passes this unconstitutional law, I could only hope for civil disobedience.. Nobody complies, including vendors, law enforcement and any other person who loves freedom and liberty and supports that 2nd Amendment that is suppose to be a "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT" that will "NOT BE INFRINGED". Let Jay Inslee and his henchman Bob Ferguson send the police, gestapo or the SS forces to try to shut them all down. Obviously, as of the time being, the state does not have the blessings and love of the Federal government. In 2020, only God knows! If you just submit and comply that will be the beginning of the end of the 2nd Amendment in Washington, just as it is in California. It is sad that Canada has better (less restrictive) laws than many states in the US now. I hope nobody complies with this law, no gun registration, no NRA instructor willing to offer state mandated courses. Nobody will pay any fees to the fascist government of Washington. Laws can only be enforced if enough people comply.

I know I could just be wishful thinking. I knew this was coming and I do believe the propaganda campaigns against guns are not much different than the propaganda campaigns we saw in the Jim Crow era when the Ku Klux Klan convinced people to be scared of blacks and other minorities and they supported all types of restrictions and bans on civil rights that were suppose to be guaranteed in our Constitution.

Being polite, civil and trying to vote back their freedom didn't work well in the 60s, so civil disobedience, protests and the eventual involvement of the Federal government to basically confront, suppress and dissolve the unconstitutional activities of the state government was the only means to restore such civil rights. Sadly, In Nazi Germany it took being bombed to oblivion and overthrown by other nations for the people in that society to ever taste freedom again once they lost it. Of course, that was after how much loss of life?

Freedom just doesn't come easy these days? Or, did it ever?

^^4 Freedom.

Well, the 4 LE groups opposing it certainly suggests that enforcement may not be what the proponents are hoping for. It's possible those same groups, like sheriffs, may come and out and say 'We're not going to enforce this.' Hopefully we don't get to that point.

The darker side of I-1639 is it will put a hurting on the shooting environment. If it were to pass, on Nov. 7, every AR in WA. will probably double in price and there will be a massive sell off. And then sales will probably drop like a stone.
Folks will go to ID or OR to buy guns instead (at least for awhile).
Some gun shops will go out of business/close down. A few of the small AR distributors will shut down.

And then the next iteration of laws will come along, requiring EVERYONE to get state-approved 'training', and well, semi-auto shotguns are just like 'semi-automatic assault rifles' and so on and so forth. And state pre-emption will fall, meaning, which is a real nightmare. And law-abiding WA residents will be faced with some really tough choices about remaining WA. residents.

And the gun control proponents will doing a happy dance.

The stakes on this are FAR higher than appear on the surface. Because 1639 is NOT the end, its just the next step.

14 Days. Spread.The.Word. Get.Those.Ballots.In.

Boss

Already voted. Two votes against the measure from our house. Yes, everybody needs to vote. The rest of WA needs to vote to outnumber King County which will majority vote in favor.

Already voted. Two votes against the measure from our house. Yes, everybody needs to vote. The rest of WA needs to vote to outnumber King County which will majority vote in favor.

King Co. has about 2.1M people, a little over a quarter of the state's population. There's a very good chance in that 2.1M there's ALOT of folks who will quietly vote NO. If they're joined by folks from all across the state, 1639 could be defeated at the ballot box.

Put another way, all the 1639 supporters want to act like King Co. is a sure thing by a landslide...that may not be the case. There's hopefully a few hundred thousand NO votes in there from long-time WA resident law abiding gun owners.

14 days is a lot of time to help educate and inform moderates and the undecided.

Keep.At.It.

Boss

People seem to be listening on the No side of 1639. I was out at Costco with my "Vote No On I-1639" shirt. Had some people ask me about it. Mentioning that it does nothing for school safety-security, mental health and LE does not support it really opens their eyes. The tube fed 10-22 classified as a assault rifle along with shotguns gets them too. Been hearing the NO on 1639 radio ad is great too!
Thanks to everyone who is doing their part!

Put another way, all the 1639 supporters want to act like King Co. is a sure thing by a landslide...that may not be the case. There's hopefully a few hundred thousand NO votes in there from long-time WA resident law abiding gun owners.

I sure hope King, Whatcom and Pierce counties don't speak for all of Washington! I have lived in all those counties and know there are quite a few hunters and sportsmen, hopefully they speak up!

All I can say I I am delighted and proud of the way people here have rallied against this initiative. Back in 2016 when I was still living in California we had Prop 63, a bill similar to I-1639 and I can tell you there was nothing like the level of interest and organization against Prop 63 to compare with what I've seen here. People there couldn't be bothered and it passed easily.
But here? We're going to beat this thing.
Stay strong and spread the word!

On my various travels today, I probably saw about a dozen 'No' signs. I don't think I saw a single 'Yes' sign. If it weren't for the lame-stream media, this wouldn't even be a contest.:rolleyes:

Vote.Vote.Vote. Get.Those.Ballots.In!

Boss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews