JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unbelievable!!! My local anti-gun newspaper editorial board penned a story to vote no on I-1639. They even went so far as to reference the 4 law enforcment agencies against 1639. Although I wish they had penned the story before ballots arrived, they at least published it. Will miracles never cease...

Dan

The Tri-City Herald has concerns about I-1639, the gun and safety measure

I fear the Seattle zombie vote
fremont_walk.jpg
"Gun control good" No brains.

No surprise here...gotta find a way, some way, any way explain dismiss those now FIVE! :eek:law enforcement groups opposing 1639. :rolleyes: Yep, just a "handful" [pitiful, really] of law enforcement groups oppose. But please ignore those groups, which represent thousands of officers across the state, cuz some of King County's top law enforcement officials support it [you know, one of the 39! counties in WA. State].

State law-enforcement groups oppose firearms Initiative 1639, but top King County officials support it

At least they mentioned the LE groups opposing...Q13 a day or so ago didn't even bother...but they were sure to mention how that last two initiatives passed and of course, the number of people shot in Parkland and Mukilteo..as always.

And no, I don't have much trust in the MSM reported polling figures. The last two initiatives had nowhere near the opposition 1639 does.

Vote.Vote.Vote. Get.Ballots.In.

BOSS

Last Edited:
I was going to vote no, but then last night my evil guns tried escaping their locked enclosures to go rob people, so I realized how horrible guns are and voted yes.

Seriously though, my "no on 1639" bumper sticker is proudly displayed on my car for all to see.

Is King County trying to stuff the ballot box for 1639?

ballot.PNG

Thousands in King County sent replacement ballots

So 16,000 people were sent 2 ballots by the King County Elections Dept. Kind of funny, seeing how the King County Elections Director meets with the anti-gun "march for our lives campaign" (no mention of meeting with any pro-gun organizations) and there just so happens to be an anti-gun measure on the ballot. What are the chances.................

KCE.PNG

I'm not so sure I believe her when she says that both ballots won't be counted, especially seeing as this early in the cycle they some how already received "double what they expected" in returned ballots.
'Strong' 2018 Election Start: King County Gets 60,000 Ballots

I might be seeing something that isn't there, but I will never trust any anti, ever, especially one that's in charge of counting the votes on an anti-gun initiative...........

Ray

I might be seeing something that isn't there, but I will never trust any anti, ever, especially one that's in charge of counting the votes on an anti-gun initiative...........
I'd say challenge the ballots at the Supreme Court level but that's like peeing into the wind given their last decision on 1639.

Still though, an expedited Superior Court challenge (SAF-NRA-CCRKBA????) for an injunction and force NEW ballots to be issued. I don't care what it costs them because their actions are illegal.

Any suggestion of Reps from any side being allowed in to verify only 1 ballot, from each voter, of the 16k is counted and their 2nd one destroyed on the spot but that would mean dragging this vote count out for WAY TO LONG and unable to VERIFY nothing illegal was transpiring.

This HAS to be ILLEGAL at some level. This kind of sh*t HAS GOT TO BE PUNISHED IN COURT!!!
I'll put up $100.00
to the 1st organization that challenges this in court ASAP and gets an order to cease, desist and destroy the current ballot count and new ballots are sent out! New ballots printed in RED INK or something that clearly delineates the old from the new comes to mind so there's no way to sneak old ballots in.

Dan

RCW 29A.84.650
Repeaters.
(1) Any person who intentionally votes or attempts to vote in this state more than once at any election, or who intentionally votes or attempts to vote in both this state and another state at any election, is guilty of a class C felony.
(2) Any person who recklessly or negligently violates this section commits a class 1 civil infraction as provided in RCW 7.80.120.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my way to the range today, I was thinking.......

The LEFT (generalizing here) is against enhanced background checks for immigrants. But, all for enhanced background checks on Americans wanting to exercise their 2nd A RIGHT.

Hummmmm.....I already own several firearms and have a CCW. But, in order to buy another AR-15, I'll have to go though an "Enhanced Background Check" and training and a 10 day waiting period. Not to mention, the cost and the safe storage sections of the initiative.

hypocrisy.jpg

Aloha, Mark

What's in I-1639?
I-1639: Washington state's latest gun control initiative

I already own several firearms and have a CCW. But, in order to buy another AR-15, I'll have to go though an "Enhanced Background Check" and training and a 10 day waiting period. Not to mention, the cost and the safe storage sections of the initiative.

True, but do you have 'approved' training? If not, how could you possibly be trusted? Still no word on cost and availability of that 'approved' training either. Do you really think it'll be available on Jan. 1, 2019? It could offered once a year, be set up on multiple, mandatory-attendance Wednesdays at 10 am and be uber expensive (after all, its mandatory...you HAVE to take it = $$). If you aren't willing to miss work and pony up the cash? Oh well, that's your choice. I guess then you really don't want a 'semi automatic assault rifle,' do you?

Never mind perhaps your years or decades of practice, training, and/or experience and the other firearms you own...And that'll be the next thing...if they require this on new purchases, why not on existing owners? After all, that's just common sense, right? Insta-registration.

And that yearly, life-time, 'enhanced background check' for which you have no say? This aspect should have been much more prominent. Many moderates would probably be like "What? They'll be doing yearly background checks on you, including medical records, for life? Ahh, that doesn't sound right...' Many middle of the road people have some respect for personal/medical privacy.

We all agree responsible storage is a good idea. But, especially once you get outside the main urban centers, if you went to 10 homes and check their closets, you'd probably find at least rifle or shotgun tucked in several. There's ALOT more firearms out there than there are safes...probably millions and millions more. And yet, actual improper-access incidents (not talking suicide), while incredibly tragic, are also fairly uncommon, especially compared to the shear number of firearms out there. But lets not let the facts get in the way...

And just to add some sobering news, 1639 supporters reportedly got another $600K this week:eek:, on top of the ~$4M+ already. So, while that maybe shows they need the $$ as this is anything but 'in the bag' for them, this is also NOT the time to start coasting...lots of procrastinators out there that can still be educated and informed...

11 days. Get.Those.Yellow.Ballots.In!The.Stakes.Are.High!

BOSS

Last Edited:
"We all agree responsible storage is a good idea."

how_about_NO.jpg

Why?

Define what is, "responsible storage"? And while you're at it, also define, "reasonable and common sense"?

Then.....
Because, the next thing will probably be.......that we need the police to spot check on gun owners.* Probably, 24/7 unannounced inspections. Oh, and the community will need more police just to do that job. So, increasing our taxes. Or maybe, they'll just add an extra user fee/tax, that gun owners will be paying. So then, add a user fee/tax, for the privilege of having a permit to own firearms. And, add another user fee/tax, for keeping a firearms registration list. You know it'll come sooner or later.

Rrrrright. Because, gun owners can't be trusted. Besides, anyone who owns a gun, is a potential killer. So....it's all justified. You know, for the SAFETY of the community at large. Reasonable and common sense gun laws.:eek:

F#@^ all of that. The camel can stay outside. I VOTED NO on I-1639.

*I like having the choice, to have loaded firearms hidden throughout my home.

Aloha, Mark

PS....on it's base fundamental level.....

If you have to pay to exercise a RIGHT. Is it really a RIGHT?

Last Edited:
So, other than issuing double ballots to voters in liberal bastions, what other steps do you all think the pro-I1639 people will try to sway voters?
ps Love the saturation of No on I-1639 signs in the Orchards and Hockinson areas.

And not a single Yes on I-1639 sign to be seen.

Makes me feel I picked the right neighborhood to live in.

So, other than issuing double ballots to voters in liberal bastions, what other steps do you all think the pro-I1639 people will try to sway voters?
ps Love the saturation of No on I-1639 signs in the Orchards and Hockinson areas.

And not a single Yes on I-1639 sign to be seen.

Makes me feel I picked the right neighborhood to live in.

I was happy to see all of the signs and all of the support we're getting... I was pretty demoralized when we lost on 594

Though in this political climate now............ I am resentful at the people I see in my neighborhood with their Democrat signs up....
As a conservative, putting signs up for my measures and candidates will get my tires slashed and windows broken most likely.

Must be nice.

Though in this political climate now............ I am resentful at the people I see in my neighborhood with their Democrat signs up....
As a conservative, putting signs up for my measures and candidates will get my tires slashed and windows broken most likely.

Must be nice.
Has this actually happened to you?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews