JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The codes are already established for each citizen. It began with the SSN. It doesn't matter what other number or code they will associate with you, AI will be the thing that ties it all together. AI/ASI needs to be scrutinized. Nobody is asking the why's about it. Why has it been developing so fast? Why all of the super data centers (makes AWS look like an old Texas instrument calculator) all over the country? Biometrics are just a drop in the bucket. It's relative, but not the end all. There's something bigger lurking.

Paranoia or Reality? My personal ramble on the ID card issue.

For those for forgot:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - 4th Amendment - Search and Seizure

So I've been thinking. What do I really want politically/legally. I really think it boils down to freedom. As long as no one else is getting harmed, I want to be able to do whatever. I also want to be able to do that whatever in complete privacy. The way technology has developed, if the government or our leaders didn't want to allow either, there is no way to stop them. I would like to think that the constitution would protect against such searching but with the way the protections have already been whittled away... These ID cards could very well be just another chip in the wall of our rights.

Many of our cards today such as bank cards, Veterans Affairs ID cards, as well as many others can be used to can be used to track individuals with the built in RFID technology. Am I saying that it's currently implemented? No, but it's very possible. Many of the nation's major roads, weigh stations, bridges, ports, military bases and other facilities have built in RFID readers to help track transported cargo. This is currently in place and operational. It's fairly easy to update the RFID readers to track ANY identifying information from the various RFID sources passing by.

Current technology allows for looking through walls and other solid objects fairly easily. This is not new. Remember the Batman movie where Bruce Wayne's cell phone was used to map out the bad guys place? This is not fiction. Google something called RF-Capture and/or WiFi sees through walls. This also includes a plethora of other technology such as radar imaging.

I personally like the idea of the convenience that a national ID would bring. However I like my 4th amendment rights just as much as I do my 2nd. I don't want to be required to have ID. But its already at the point where you can't travel without one. You legally are required to present ID of some sort to check into a hotel, ride a train, bus, or airplane or drive a car. Though there are some exceptions/complications in specific jurisdictions, unless you are walking and/or hitching a ride across the United States and don't stop or stay in a camp ground, hotel, or other lodging facility, you WILL be required to present some identification somewhere.

Though it would probably be the death of me to try, lets say I wanted re-create the Oregon trail experience as a sort of personal pilgrimage. Is it legally possible to walk from Oregon to North Carolina on foot without identification carrying a hunting rifle or bow without getting arrested? Constitutionally I see no reason why I should have to carry ID, but I imagine I'd be going to jail somewhere along the way if tried.

It's already at the point where you can't travel without "papers". Can we legitimately be considered a police state now?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top