JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's fair lol! it was in comparison to celebrating Halloween outside of Halloween. Being a clown this year

Would this be okay if it's October 31st? Being it's linked to Halloween?

It's being done in the city streets. On private property, or a privately sanctioned party is your own business. Stunts such as this being pulled on public thoroughfares and in city parks aren't socially acceptable.

Think about it.

These clown sightings started in September, back east...

Is this good for business? What a great day for all the real weirdos to blend in. Do you think it's possible that some kids aren't going trick or treating this year? I tell you what, I'm not passing out candy, I don't like doing it anyway, I'm going to put a sign on my door that says "Sorry...but the clowns f**ked it up for everybody!"

Is this good for business? What a great day for all the real weirdos to blend in. Do you think it's possible that some kids aren't going trick or treating this year? I tell you what, I'm not passing out candy, I don't like doing it anyway, I'm going to put a sign on my door that says "Sorry...but the clowns f**ked it up for everybody!"
I usually decorate and pass out candy for the little kids. This year I'm considering not doing that. Just because of this whole clown issue...

If we do participate this year, there'll be an 870 behind the door... I always carry, so that's not an issue. But I need to be sure the wife is safe if she is home alone passing out candy, while I'm out with the kids...

On Halloween I'll be sleeping. If I walk to the store after dark, I may carry my Kabar USN Mark 1 Deck Knife. (Believe me, I keep it "razor sharp" and I know how to use it in an emergency). A 5 1/8" 1095 Chrome Vanadium steel blade can do significant damage when called upon to defend my person.

If the locals begin acting stupid an playing "crazy clown" pranks, they may very well end up on the "business end" of my Kabar.

Halloween is one day(31th) the idiots are the ones starting way to early.

Dude: Where have you been in recent years? Capitalism has been working hard to make Halloween a major holiday for many years. Countless millions get spent every Halloween season. This Halloween season alone, an estimated $8.4 Billion is going to be spent in the USA.

Look at what the Nation Retail Federation has to say on the subject:

Halloween Headquarters

If it is celebrated just one day a year, just think of all of the money that would be lost? The holiday has become very commercialized, and is big business for many corporations.

To suggest that Halloween be celebrated just one day a year is thus being Anti-American. Americans believe in commercial enterprize and making lots of money.

On Halloween I'll be sleeping. If I walk to the store after dark, I may carry my Kabar USN Mark 1 Deck Knife. (Believe me, I keep it "razor sharp" and I know how to use it in an emergency). A 5 1/8" 1095 Chrome Vanadium steel blade can do significant damage when called upon to defend my person.

If the locals begin acting stupid an playing "crazy clown" pranks, they may very well end up on the "business end" of my Kabar.

But it is all just silly fun. People have been dressing up as scary clowns for years now. It simply is that clowns seem to be the big thing this Halloween.

What will you do if you encounter this couple?? They have an axe and a meat cleaver.

evil_killer_clowns.jpg

President Obama's press secretary did state that the FBI is looking into the situation.

So if you trust the judgement of the Obama White House, the Federal Government is going to keep us all safe from clown attacks:

The creepy clown crisis: White House defers to FBI. Stephen King hits 'hysteria.'

P.S. -- Best Selling Author Stephen King is said to be laughing hysterically over the current situation.

It's being done in the city streets. On private property, or a privately sanctioned party is your own business. Stunts such as this being pulled on public thoroughfares and in city parks aren't socially acceptable.

Think about it.

So you are going to shut down the annual Santa Pub Crawl in downtown Portland, where several hundred people gather together and dress up as Santa, get brain-dead drunk at bars, and then engage in all kinds of weird and inappropriate behavior in public??

This is America dude. People have the freedom to do stupid things in public.

P.S. -- They actually put on this spectacle twice every December, and it is not on Christmas Day either.

4198769801_0212a043d1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hysteria or not , real trend or not , Going around this year as a clown on Halloween or any time for the matter , might not be such a great idea.

Many people are talking about it and worried.
With folks being on edge lately , it makes sense to be a little more alert and or a little more choosy about a costume if you do go out on Halloween.
Andy

This is the same reason that I admonish individuals against any pubic display of social deviance as of late. If you were celebrating on all hallow's eve, would you recommend that adults drink heavily and go door to door begging for candy? Probably not.

Prudence, reason wisdom. These seem like attributes that elude young adults more and more each and every day. If young adults were to think for a bit more than 10 seconds, perhaps they would reconsider such behavior.

There is a well-established ordnance that states "needlessly eliciting public alarm" is a criminal offense against public order. ORS 166.015 (Inciting a Riot) is a Class C Felony.

Civility is a positive social attribute. Learn to live with it.

Last Edited:
But it is all just silly fun. People have been dressing up as scary clowns for years now. It simply is that clowns seem to be the big thing this Halloween.

What will you do if you encounter this couple?? They have an axe and a meat cleaver.

View attachment 316003
If they chase me or mine with that meat cleaver or ax that red stuff may turn into some of their real red stuff.

Dude: Where have you been in recent years? Capitalism has been working hard to make Halloween a major holiday for many years. Countless millions get spent every Halloween season. This Halloween season alone, an estimated $8.4 Billion is going to be spent in the USA.

Look at what the Nation Retail Federation has to say on the subject:

Halloween Headquarters

If it is celebrated just one day a year, just think of all of the money that would be lost? The holiday has become very commercialized, and is big business for many corporations.

To suggest that Halloween be celebrated just one day a year is thus being Anti-American. Americans believe in commercial enterprize and making lots of money.

Dressing up for a party is one thing jumping out and chasing someone with knives or axes real or plastic is another thing.

President Obama's press secretary did state that the FBI is looking into the situation.

So if you trust the judgement of the Obama White House, the Federal Government is going to keep us all safe from clown attacks:

The creepy clown crisis: White House defers to FBI. Stephen King hits 'hysteria.'

P.S. -- Best Selling Author Stephen King is said to be laughing hysterically over the current situation.

You don't even know if the clowns exists, now all of sudden you did some research and now you bring in the government keeping us safe? If there's nothing going on why is the FBI involved? And again how do this make money?

So you are going to shut down the annual Santa Pub Crawl in downtown Portland, where several hundred people gather together and dress up as Santa, get brain-dead drunk at bars, and then engage in all kinds of weird and inappropriate behavior in public??

P.S. -- They actually put on this spectacle twice every December, and it is not on Christmas Day either.

View attachment 316009

[

So sorry I missed the fake blood and meat cleavers and them chasing people down the street. Stop with the red herrings it doesn't work at all.

View attachment 316009

If multiple people across multiple states were dressing up like Santa And pranking and "terrorizing" others, then I would feel the same way. It's not about the costume of choice being a clown, it's about the fact crazy people are finding joy in scaring others. Stop trying to manipulate your point. First You don't believe this is really happening. Then you say it's a plot setup by the gatekeepers of Halloween, being that this is a business move. And now you are bringing up Santa which is the wrong holiday, and has nothing to do with the bs going on currently.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top