JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At a school in Washington State, a grandfather took his grandchildren to school in a "clown mask" and wearing a pair of boxing gloves.

A pair of children told one of the teachers. The school's Principal confronted the man and he charged the Principal. Eventually, the man backed off and left. He was arrested later and faces several charges.

Idiot.

Avoid the "Creepy Clown" craze. It could brand you. On the other hand, the fools inPortland may approve.

I guess I should have been more clear. I f'ing hate clowns, so this is more of an excuse to express my disgust for this whole movement. I put together some I shoot clowns shirts! I happen to be someone who loves guns and I happen to live close to the schools that are having these threats. I usually utilize this site to gain information and reviews on guns I am interested in. I do own a T shirt company and thought it would be cool to come up with something I read on this thread!

Don't feed the troll, Cap. :)

If the troll comment was for me I'm sorry it came across that way. I have subscribed to this site for sometime. I am new to the gun community and usually never vocal on threats, I use this mostly to gain knowledge and reviews. My daughters are freaking out and I just found out about this crap on Monday. I admit my approach wasn't the best but that's more my lack of the rules of engagement while posting.

If the troll comment was for me I'm sorry it came across that way. I have subscribed to this site for sometime. I am new to the gun community and usually never vocal on threats, I use this mostly to gain knowledge and reviews. My daughters are freaking out and I just found out about this crap on Monday. I admit my approach wasn't the best but that's more my lack of the rules of engagement while posting.

*threads :)

As a kid I attended the Merrykhana Parade, a fun spoof a week before the actual Portland Rose Parade. I think it was replaced by the Starlight Parade after the 60's. I liked the Merrykhana better.

The cigar smoking clowns (many on noisy little go-carts), were delightfully obnoxious. People in the crowd got soaked, they threw teenage girls over their shoulders and pretended to kidnap them, and ran into the crowd with chainsaws (without chains) to actually touch people and rev the motors.

It was a parade! And everybody laughed their buttocks off!

Now either I was naïve and didn't understand things like PTSD (yet), or this all happened in a different world that no longer exists. A totally different time and mindset.

But even in that Norman Rockwell (or Bates) pre-pussification era of America that I recall fondly, I'd still like to believe that any clown caught creeping in the bushes near a playground would've been beaten like Gaddafi.

Last Edited:
Apologies--you just came off as charging in with wares to peddle in an unrelated thread. Let's give things a chance now that we're on the same page... and I'm with you on this.

Some of us have hair triggers, too... one site I'm on we seem to need a Troll Cleanup every half hour or so. :(

Idea: Seeley Booth on Bones goes postal about clowns, so he might be a source of inspiration for ya. :)

Considering the remake, there's no doubt ties... But the shenanigans are not acceptable, chasing kids to school, jumping out to scare people... One of these dumb azzes is going to get himself capped...

It can't happen soon enough for me. I can see it now... 100 "Scary Clowns" piling out of a funereal Limousine.

Christ help us all.

I had a talk with a Clackamas County Sheriff today (customer of mine). I told him that some clown is going to do exactly that and make national news. He agreed 100% and just smiled as I told him that if some clown threatens me or my girls it's lights out. We then discussed sight upgrades for my new G34 as I noticed his duty weapon (Glock) didn't wear the factory sights. He paid for the upgrade out of pocket.

Apologies--you just came off as charging in with wares to peddle in an unrelated thread. Let's give things a chance now that we're on the same page... and I'm with you on this.

Some of us have hair triggers, too... one site I'm on we seem to need a Troll Cleanup every half hour or so. :(

Idea: Seeley Booth on Bones goes postal about clowns, so he might be a source of inspiration for ya. :)

Thank you for understanding my ignorance! I did get an email from a gentleman saying he had to delete some of my post bc it seemed like I was trying to promote my business. This whole clown thing is crazy hence that's why we are all here on the post

I had a talk with a Clackamas County Sheriff today (customer of mine). I told him that some clown is going to do exactly that and make national news. He agreed 100% and just smiled as I told him that if some clown threatens me or my girls it's lights out. We then discussed sight upgrades for my new G34 as I noticed his duty weapon (Glock) didn't wear the factory sights. He paid for the upgrade out of pocket.

What your friend told you is totally irrelevant. You go and shoot an unarmed person out celebrating Halloween in a super scary costume, and I can assure you that the Clackamas County DA will charge you with manslaughter or worse.

Has everyone suddenly become a scaredy cat pansy, afraid of their own shadow?

If you don't believe me, then call the DA's office and talk to one of the attorney's there. Ask whether you would be legally justified to shoot a person for wearing a scary costume.

Hey all,

Sorry again for the confusion earlier! Thank you all for understanding!

As far as the time of year is concerned, there is only one day a year it is acceptable to wear a mask. Furthermore schools shutting down is not due to it being close to Halloween, it's more due to the fact there is a lot of mental illness in our country/world. The fact it's trending highlights the fact people aren't right. I guess it's okay to dress in costume, look scary, and antagonize children? I like horror films and comedies as much as the next, but this sh*t ain't funny!

I guess I should have been more clear. I f'ing hate clowns, so this is more of an excuse to express my disgust for this whole movement. I put together some I shoot clowns shirts! I happen to be someone who loves guns and I happen to live close to the schools that are having these threats. I usually utilize this site to gain information and reviews on guns I am interested in. I do own a T shirt company and thought it would be cool to come up with something I read on this thread!

Our schools are now under threat of scary clown attacks?

This has got to be the worse case of mass hysteria in the USA since the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare that swept the nation back in the 80's and early 90's.

I swear, everyone in our nation appears to be going insane.

Anyone on the streets over the age of 16 running around on the streets in a Halloween costume is probably emotionally retarded and living in "fantasyland". They are likely suffering from delusions that his/her fantasy life is more meaningful than reality.

It is time to grow up and live in the real world.

Hey all,

Sorry again for the confusion earlier! Thank you all for understanding!

As far as the time of year is concerned, there is only one day a year it is acceptable to wear a mask. Furthermore schools shutting down is not due to it being close to Halloween, it's more due to the fact there is a lot of mental illness in our country/world. The fact it's trending highlights the fact people aren't right. I guess it's okay to dress in costume, look scary, and antagonize children? I like horror films and comedies as much as the next, but this sh*t ain't funny!

Only 1 day out of the year to celebrate Halloween? That is absolute nonsense.

Halloween has become a HUGE Holiday commercially. I saw Halloween costumes on sale at one store the last week of August, A FULL TWO MONTHS before the holiday. I saw Halloween candy go on sale the first week of September. There are parties and events all throughout this month.

I'm sorry, but THIS IS A CASE OF MASS HYSTERIA. It is group insanity.

What your friend told you is totally irrelevant. You go and shoot an unarmed person out celebrating Halloween in a super scary costume, and I can assure you that the Clackamas County DA will charge you with manslaughter or worse.

Has everyone suddenly become a scaredy cat pansy, afraid of their own shadow?

If you don't believe me, then call the DA's office and talk to one of the attorney's there. Ask whether you would be legally justified to shoot a person for wearing a scary costume.

The clowns have nothing to do with Halloween unless its 31 October and I entered a "haunted house" or willingly visited a trick-or-treat residence.. Even taking the holiday out of the equation, let's take it one step further. I'm walking down a public road, not someone's house for a trick-or-treat outing. A clown, out of the shadows, appears and raises an edged weapon and starts chasing me or my girls? My life, more importantly my family's life is now in apparent danger. The gloves come off. And in a court of law it will be seen as such. Scaredy cat pansy? Not this guy. How do I discern a threat from a prank?

The "clowns" called in a threat of violence to my girls school. Should I just ignore that as Halloween prankery?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top