JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I find myself in possession of a lot (as in I want to sell or trade it as "a lot") of rail related items. I thought I might test the waters ( I know, I hate that phrase too) before taking photos of everything and posting it in the classifieds here Everything from jackets, wristwatches, hats, challenge coins, BLET trinkets, mugs, growlers, etc. Just don't know if I'll find much interest in this stuff but don't really want to mess with fleabay.
Any foamers in our midst??

I'm not a railroad collector, but I have picked up a few items as I pursue my hobby of collecting tools. One is a cold chisel that is confirmed as having come from the Central Pacific Railroad. This was the Western end of the Transcontinental Railroad, and was absorbed by Southern Pacific Railroad in 1885!

I find myself in possession of a lot (as in I want to sell or trade it as "a lot") of rail related items. I thought I might test the waters ( I know, I hate that phrase too) before taking photos of everything and posting it in the classifieds here Everything from jackets, wristwatches, hats, challenge coins, BLET trinkets, mugs, growlers, etc. Just don't know if I'll find much interest in this stuff but don't really want to mess with fleabay.
A buddy of mine is a big-time rail nerd. Happy to pass some info over to him and see if he's interested.

I'm a rail fan of sorts. Grew up with close family friends that were historic rail crazy. The type that we would follow into the middle of nowhere to walk further past the road and stand on a flat spot on an old RR grade from the late 18 to early 1900s. And once we chased Southern Pacific 4449 to Wishram WA. Not realizing what I was chasing by the whistle, and the loco does 75 MPH, and thinking we could catch it a few miles East of Vancouver. But as far as collectables, not so much
Good luck though.

Thanx for the responses folks. Much of what I have is UP 150 yr anniversary stuff. Just don't need it, but thought it had some value to the true rail fans out there.

You might try The Oregon Rail Heritage Center, across the street from OMSI. Its where they rebuild and store the big steam locomotives. There are also a few train specific hobby shops in Portland you could try.

I'm a rail fan of sorts. Grew up with close family friends that were historic rail crazy. The type that we would follow into the middle of nowhere to walk further past the road and stand on a flat spot on an old RR grade from the late 18 to early 1900s. And once we chased Southern Pacific 4449 to Wishram WA. Not realizing what I was chasing by the whistle, and the loco does 75 MPH, and thinking we could catch it a few miles East of Vancouver. But as far as collectables, not so much
Good luck though.

Mike, you really can't consider yourself a true rail fan unless you've been nailed at least once by CHP while chasing a steam locomotive.

Thanx for the responses folks. Much of what I have is UP 150 yr anniversary stuff. Just don't need it, but thought it had some value to the true rail fans out there.
That stuff isn't too collectible anymore and is more often then not thrown away by the employees who receive the trinkets. The yellow railroad is universally hated by 99% of their employees which doesn't help the value. It might be worth something down the road, but for now it's not worth much. Most railroad collectors like antiques, but there are a few foamers out there who'll collect anything they can get their hands on. I think Ebay is more than likely your best bet, however it is loaded with tons of modern stuff and the prices are cheap. It might not be worth your time.

Mike, you really can't consider yourself a true rail fan unless you've been nailed at least once by CHP while chasing a steam locomotive.
Never been nailed by CHP but, I went to school with a guy that was telling me something about pulling a train? Not sure what he was talking about?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top