JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firstly, I am the so-called Jerk FFL by the self proclaimed unlicensed gun dealer "penguin". Just about every statement made by him is false. He was informed that we only acceopt firearms from licensed FFL's which he assured us he was. He is not! He was never treated with anything but respect until he Mike Foxtroted my employee Pam. We cannot return a firearm to a non-licensee unless, "it was sent for repair or refinishing". It was not. Penguin has stated that he sells several handguns weekly and never uses an FFL. I would like for him to state that to his local BATF agent. We are one of the two largest gunshops in AZ. We are audited frequently and always pass with flying colors. That is public record and I will supply my agents number if so desired. We are Title 1, Class 2 and class 3 as well as class 72. I know the law and besides knowing the law, our store policy has always been not to accept firearms from non-licensee's for this exact reason. I will not be out $30.00 to return the gun to a non FFL, Look at our records on auctionarms, ebay and gunbroker, they total about 2000 in the aggregate. We have called **************several times to get a resolution but all we get is ********** is my @#$%$%^^& FFL get one from him!" I cannot find anyone named ********** in the phone book or on DEX. I think he is a fabrication of ********** who hides behind 'Penguin' in the same way he hides behind his answering machine and screens his calls. Put up our shut up **********************.
Everything you just posted is a lie and iI have the e-mails to prove it. Your actions here just proved your nature. I will be contacting the ATF rep back today and dealing with this through legal means.

PS: Posting my personal info is a violation of the law also since you acquired it through a legal business deal. I hope you enjoy the repurcusions of your actions.

PPS: I never spoke to a Pam at all. I spoke to a man only. You are dealing with a local forum here and many of these people know me. They know me well enough to know your story if pure crap.

SAMS SHOOTERS EMPORIUM do not post personal information on this forum, even though have a problem with this user there is no excuse for disrespecting this forum. Carry on like a professional if you want to discuss this.

Firstly, I am the so-called Jerk FFL by the self proclaimed unlicensed gun dealer "penguin". Just about every statement made by him is false. He was informed that we only acceopt firearms from licensed FFL's which he assured us he was. He is not! He was never treated with anything but respect until he Mike Foxtroted my employee Pam. We cannot return a firearm to a non-licensee unless, "it was sent for repair or refinishing". It was not. Penguin has stated that he sells several handguns weekly and never uses an FFL. I would like for him to state that to his local BATF agent. We are one of the two largest gunshops in AZ. We are audited frequently and always pass with flying colors. That is public record and I will supply my agents number if so desired. We are Title 1, Class 2 and class 3 as well as class 72. I know the law and besides knowing the law, our store policy has always been not to accept firearms from non-licensee's for this exact reason. I will not be out $30.00 to return the gun to a non FFL, Look at our records on auctionarms, ebay and gunbroker, they total about 2000 in the aggregate. We have called *********** several times to get a resolution but all we get is ************* is my @#$%$%^^& FFL get one from him!" I cannot find anyone named *********** in the phone book or on DEX. I think he is a fabrication of *************who hides behind 'Penguin' in the same way he hides behind his answering machine and screens his calls. Put up our shut up ***************

Sounds like someone protests too much. I still cannot figure out the purpose of this post, since no one knew who was being referred to until this joker posted. Some people's children!

It is truly amazing that you respond to a board posting in seconds and yet you will not answer your phone! Take it up with the BATF, I am on the phone to the Phoenix office as I write Mr. "unlicensed gun dealer".
And I have just contacted the local ATF and my local sheriffs office. I will let you deal with what comes next. I think you are about to find out that the law is on my side.

PbP-

What proof do you have stating that the FFL in AZ will accept a firearm from a private individual?

It is the FFL's choice to or not to accept a firearm from a private individual and if you have proof that he stated he would accept it before you shipped it, then you are golden. If not, well you are screwed. The FFL in AZ cannot ship your firearm back to you, you need to provide the FFL in AZ a copy of the FFL from a Portland dealer to be transfered back to you. This is no different than if you had a firearm on consignment in a gun shop and decided to get it back, you need to fill out a SF 4473 to receive it from them. It is how the law works.

Once again it is the transferring FFL's choice in AZ to accept it from you. He is not required to receive it from you to transfer. That is the way it works.

SF-

I dealt with the buyer and clearly stated the method of shipping. Then the FFL on that end faxed their info to me without issue. I then mailed the gun in a legal manner. If he does not want to accept it I am fine with that. I am not fine with him holding the gun hostage. I provided the buyer with the info he needed to get the gun returned to me and told him I would refund his money once I received it. All the buyer had to do was get the FFL info and give it to the FFL there and have the gun sent back to me. I will not be bullied around by some jerk FFL. He can either accept it or send it back to my FFL. He sent his info and accepted the delivery. The law is against him at this point.

Then add the fact he comes on here posting personal info and making up stories about people I never even spoke to and it is easy to see what the issue really is.

PS: I just got a call back from the ATF's stolen firearm division in WV and they gave me a number of an agent to contact in Phoenix.

PbP-

What proof do you have stating that the FFL in AZ will accept a firearm from a private individual?

It is the FFL's choice to or not to accept a firearm from a private individual and if you have proof that he stated he would accept it before you shipped it, then you are golden. If not, well you are screwed. The FFL in AZ cannot ship your firearm back to you, you need to provide the FFL in AZ a copy of the FFL from a Portland dealer to be transfered back to you. This is no different than if you had a firearm on consignment in a gun shop and decided to get it back, you need to fill out a SF 4473 to receive it from them. It is how the law works.

Once again it is the transferring FFL's choice in AZ to accept it from you. He is not required to receive it from you to transfer. That is the way it works.

SF-

SAMS SHOOTERS EMPORIUM take a deep breath already and do what you know is right. Your store policy is not the law. You have already accepted the firearm regardless so that angle won't help you either. I read this thread and smelled monkey buisness. By replying like a spoiled child you have only confirmed it.

PbP is not a straw purchaser BTW and everybody on this website can bare witness to this. He's chronic and buys guns all the time. The only reason he sells any of them is because he doesn't have enough room for all of them in his gun safe.

Further more I do not believe for a second that PbP posed as an FFL.

Not only have you lost significant business by posting in the thread suposedly to defend yourself, you also now may be facing criminal charges. I've got to ask you buddy was your pride worth this? Nobody I know will ever set foot in your place of business. I don't do monkey business with anybody thanks.

Hello, "SAM'S SHOOTERS EMPORIUM" (name used because it was given). Gosh, you have some nice stuff, and pretty good prices in your on-line store. You might have received some steady business from this sites members before you decided to take on a member in good standing who's only crime against you was to vent his frustrations about an UN-NAMED FFL that he was dealing with. Right or wrong legally, of which I am unsure because I don't have all of the details, this was a stupid business move. I could post your address, phone number, and whatever else is easily available, but I don't think it will be necassary. You will never see a dollar of my money.

Hello, "SAM'S SHOOTERS EMPORIUM" (name used because it was given). Gosh, you have some nice stuff, and pretty good prices in your on-line store. You might have received some steady business from this sites members before you decided to take on a member in good standing who's only crime against you was to vent his frustrations about an UN-NAMED FFL that he was dealing with. Right or wrong legally, of which I am unsure because I don't have all of the details, this was a stupid business move. I could post your address, phone number, and whatever else is easily available, but I don't think it will be necassary. You will never see a dollar of my money.

Customer service rules in my book. It's interesting to me that someone would jeopardize their business acting this way. The customer is always right, and excellent customer service goes A LONG way. Admit you are wrong and make things right. That's what someone of character would do.

I guess the biggest question that I see is this. If the FFL received the firearm and subsequently determined that it was not sent from an FFL, and their policy is to not accept firearms from non-FFL sources, why did they not immediately contact the local BATF office and surrender the firearm to them? Why are they still in possession of the firearm, if they truly believe some sort of fraud or criminal act has been committed? If they had immediately turned the firearm over to the local BATF office, along with any info they had, it would be completely out of their hair, and the BATF could deal with it. By not surrendering the firearm immediately, it seems to put some question into their actions and motives.

JMO.

By the way, PBP. Should I be in the position to purchase a firearm from you in the future I would do so without hesitation. You cemented yourself as a straight shooter in my book. You could easily have just walked away from this and kept your money. I'll start saving now.

Maybe the joker decided he wanted to test it out for a while! Based on his actions, I wouldn't putit past him to be out shooting it himself. What a Moron.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top