JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

5 gross conducted
or
5 net?

Is it possible people are still purchasing firearms?

I mean, have you heard about the Measure 114 debacle?
The queue has gone up several hundred numbers. 4 have come off. I have a couple CHL holders that have been stuck in the 500-600 range for 3 days. I just checked and 4 total have been completed today

I guess my question is

if the que was 11,000 yesterday and 12,000 today

is it possible that 2,000 were added and 1,000 got approved?

I don't know how it works.

FYI. There's an outfit in Lebanon Oregon called fast Cash Incorporated, it's a pawn shop. My brother-in-law just had really good luck going in there they actually take the time to call each purchase in and remain on the phone for as long as it takes. My brother-in-law is still in the queue from 3 weeks ago at sportsman's Warehouse. 3 days ago he went to this pawn shop and was approved and under 48 hours because of their call-in process!
He purchased an AR and a handgun.

So it tells you how many were approved separate from just running totals?
No, I have CHL holders in the queue. Which means they're at the front. They have only moved up one position (well now four) today. I can see where they are in the queue.

If youre not a CHL, people will keep jumping you in line. But with the CHL it's easy to see how fast the approvals are happening.

It seems like the OSP could try to justify completely stopping processing background checks due to some nonsense surrounding uncertainty around 114. However, the fact that they're approving some would seem to bolster any lawsuits concerning arbitrarily taking a long time to process checks. Who's to say they don't just decide to process one or two checks per day after 114 takes effect since the "Charleston Loophole" is now closed?

Who's to say they don't just decide to process one or two checks per day after 114 takes effect since the "Charleston Loophole" is now closed?
You don't have to guess. They said it themselves on one of their flash alerts. When it takes effect they will stop any pended FICS check until that individual presents a permit to purchase. It's not one or two, it'll be precisely zero.

Or hey, it's after thanksgiving maybe everyone got covid (though were Oregon State employees required to get vaxxed? doesn't that prevent infection? lol), and due to possible State police-y, they're all required to quarantine for two weeks? Just like the old days

About half the background checks I've done get instant approvals. Also instant approvals have nothing to do with the manual review
Hi there. Do you have any tips on purchasing with CCL and getting instant? Do you see a pattern? I purchased 2 guns, at sportsmans a few weeks ago, and was added to the smaller queue at 5000. Do you think it has to do with buying 1 at a time. Not sure what the angle is.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top