JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He could be an instant BGC clear and have no issues. I doubt NW Armory will use the 3 day rule UNLESS the TRO gets extended.

It all depens on how this court case unfolds this week. I think there is a decent chance this judge extends the TRO at least through the rest of December. He is currently hearing the case starting Tuesday and with the Oregon Supreme Court justice retiring in December + Christmas slowing the court schedule, it is unclear the AG/Governor will demand an immediate court hearing to overturn the TRO. More likely they do that in January.

Ive heard this judge in Henry county has donated to Democrats though... not a good sign, he might let this expire at the end of the week and then we live under Measure 114 for 4-5 years until the Supreme court over rules it.
4-5 years of we're lucky... Other states have been going through similar processes for decades

4-5 years of we're lucky... Other states have been going through similar processes for decades
Well ironically all of illegal acts by the California legislature against their lawful citizens actually helps Oregon because the courts have been reversing/overturning their overreach for decades

They have also gone from $25 + $10 for a transfer($35), before the election, to $50 + $10 today($60). If that makes any difference to you.
Shoot I'd pay 60 over 35 for a dealer that goes the extra mile lol. But I'm sure come the final decision of 114 all them dealers will be by the wayside unfortunately

I am weary of all the trouble this has caused so many people, but I can personally make it better for a few people and any other FFL could do the same or perhaps come up with a better plan.

My 12 days of Christmas are going to be spent calling in to OSP when I wrap up at the old day job and spend the next four or five hours each evening on hold to pick a poor soul from my pending list and complete their transaction over the phone, and then let them know they are good to pick up. Seems like a gift worth giving and probably appreciated.

I am weary of all the trouble this has caused so many people, but I can personally make it better for a few people and any other FFL could do the same or perhaps come up with a better plan.

My 12 days of Christmas are going to be spent calling in to OSP when I wrap up at the old day job and spend the next four or five hours each evening on hold to pick a poor soul from my pending list and complete their transaction over the phone, and then let them know they are good to pick up. Seems like a gift worth giving and probably appreciated.
Doing the lords work. However oregon is prob not going to be by the phones ready to push along your customers bgc. Your attitude is greatly appreciated amongst the community but i have a feeling that if you have a day job and you're already at home, the idiots doing the background checks are home long before you:(

In your opinion, what effect, if any is the recent trend of FFL's flooding OSP's phone lines with tables full of cell phones on hold having on the overall efficiency of the BGC process? I have a feeling it's probably slowing them down but I have no way to know that for sure.

Doing the lords work. However oregon is prob not going to be by the phones ready to push along your customers bgc. Your attitude is greatly appreciated amongst the community but i have a feeling that if you have a day job and you're already at home, the idiots doing the background checks are home long before you:(
They appear to be working around the clock, at least a few of them. From what I see watching the page outside regular hours. There is a bug that causes the call to be disconnected at three hours and thirty minutes on hold (just happened) but I might have just enough time to still get through tonight after all. It also is worth noting that some people will be picked out of the way back part of the queue and reviewed. I had one yesterday go from 14000 to approved this morning.

In your opinion, what effect, if any is the recent trend of FFL's flooding OSP's phone lines with tables full of cell phones on hold having on the overall efficiency of the BGC process? I have a feeling it's probably slowing them down but I have no way to know that for sure.
There are new (OSP) people added to the queue every day and a small number of them are on the phone. Figure 15 to 20 people per hour at best. Should not effect the web transactions

They appear to be working around the clock, at least a few of them. From what I see watching the page outside regular hours. There is a bug that causes the call to be disconnected at three hours and thirty minutes on hold (just happened) but I might have just enough time to still get through tonight after all. It also is worth noting that some people will be picked out of the way back part of the queue and reviewed. I had one yesterday go from 14000 to approved this morning.
Was their BGC hitting the 30 day mark?

NW Armory is giving people their guns after 3 days, I am actually due to pick one up today. They've been super helpful during this period, I made more than one purchase through them last 2 months, always smooth.

My ffl did this and over 4 hours and 15 minutes later. OSP approved my BGC. They told my FFL that they saw no reason for the hold up and i was cleared as soon as they could complete the phone processing. I am a CHL holder in two states and previously always been instantly cleared.

I had e-mailed the OSP today and as of noon today they were working on applications submitted Nov 22, 2022. I am Nov 29, so first week of next year I guess.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top