JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi there. Do you have any tips on purchasing with CCL and getting instant? Do you see a pattern? I purchased 2 guns, at sportsmans a few weeks ago, and was added to the smaller queue at 5000. Do you think it has to do with buying 1 at a time. Not sure what the angle is.
If you get it figured out let everyone know. Normally there is some missing info from a CCH or an issue with your ID info (i.e. address) that auto kicks you to the queue. But at this point it's kinda best guess as nothing seems to be working well

If you get it figured out let everyone know. Normally there is some missing info from a CCH or an issue with your ID info (i.e. address) that auto kicks you to the queue. But at this point it's kinda best guess as nothing seems to be working well
Gotchya, thanks :)

You don't have to guess. They said it themselves on one of their flash alerts. When it takes effect they will stop any pended FICS check until that individual presents a permit to purchase. It's not one or two, it'll be precisely zero.
Yes, I saw that. I'm referring to now during the restraining order, and possibly after the measure takes effect and people are able to obtain permits. With no 3-day rule, why can't OSP just decide to process a maximum of 10 checks per day, or some other arbitrary number? Not saying they will, but what's to stop them?

Hi there. Do you have any tips on purchasing with CCL and getting instant? Do you see a pattern? I purchased 2 guns, at sportsmans a few weeks ago, and was added to the smaller queue at 5000. Do you think it has to do with buying 1 at a time. Not sure what the angle is.
Instant approval is just that. A computer runs algorithms and if you clear that with zero red flags (set by the algorithm) you're done and no human was involved. Everyone else goes into the queue. It's just like applying for credit. Same process. (I do that daily at work) I'm told the main things required to cruise through with an instant are: CHL, Born in Oregon, Unique name, clean record of course, and nothing weird about the serial number of the gun. Perfect info entered from the 4473 is critical. There's no way to game the system if that's what you meant. You're either instant or you go in for manual verification. Some are quicker than others during the review process.

Last Edited:
Yes, I saw that. I'm referring to now during the restraining order, and possibly after the measure takes effect and people are able to obtain permits. With no 3-day rule, why can't OSP just decide to process a maximum of 10 checks per day, or some other arbitrary number? Not saying they will, but what's to stop them?

You don't have to guess. They said it themselves on one of their flash alerts. When it takes effect they will stop any pended FICS check until that individual presents a permit to purchase. It's not one or two, it'll be precisely zero.
Plese remember to be thankful to the 51 % of largely Portland, Washington County, Eugene and Coravllis voters that supported 114 as well as those that did not campaign against it.

FYI. There's an outfit in Lebanon Oregon called fast Cash Incorporated, it's a pawn shop. My brother-in-law just had really good luck going in there they actually take the time to call each purchase in and remain on the phone for as long as it takes. My brother-in-law is still in the queue from 3 weeks ago at sportsman's Warehouse. 3 days ago he went to this pawn shop and was approved and under 48 hours because of their call-in process!
He purchased an AR and a handgun.
They have also gone from $25 + $10 for a transfer($35), before the election, to $50 + $10 today($60). If that makes any difference to you.

Instant approval is just that. A computer runs algorithms and if you clear that with zero red flags (set by the algorithm) you're done and no human was involved. Everyone else goes into the queue. It's just like applying for credit. Same process. (I do that daily at work) I'm told the main things required to cruise through with an instant are: CHL, Born in Oregon, Unique name, clean record of course, and nothing weird about the serial number of the gun. Perfect info entered from the 4473 is critical. There's no way to game the system if that's what you meant. You're either instant or you go in for manual verification. Some are quicker than others during the review process.
Thank you. No, not trying the game the system. I have my CCL, nothing on the record, lived in Oregon for 25+ years - but born in CA so maybe that is the kicker. Oh well, just dont see any ryhme or reason. All the best :)

Thank you. No, not trying the game the system. I have my CCL, nothing on the record, lived in Oregon for 25+ years - but born in CA so maybe that is the kicker. Oh well, just dont see any ryhme or reason. All the best :)
I get you. But yeah, if you were born out of state that requires manual verification and you can't be "instant" Some folks in recent months were verified very quickly and maybe for just one little thing so they assume they were instant and they really weren't. I'm lucky enough to have always been in the instant category and have watched my FFL hit enter and it was literally auto approved as soon as he entered it. That's instant. No human can issue an approval that fast. It's literally a computer approval.

I get you. But yeah, if you were born out of state that requires manual verification and you can't be "instant" Some folks in recent months were verified very quickly and maybe for just one little thing so they assume they were instant and they really weren't. I'm lucky enough to have always been in the instant category and have watched my FFL hit enter and it was literally auto approved as soon as he entered it. That's instant. No human can issue an approval that fast. It's literally a computer approval.
I was born in Puerto Rico and have got instant multiple times.

They have also gone from $25 + $10 for a transfer($35), before the election, to $50 + $10 today($60). If that makes any difference to you.
Even tho I have an FFL, I still do business with Mark and the guys from Fast cash, they're solid dudes and have been doing a good job for folks... Worth the money imo.

I was born in the UK and got US citizenship in 04.....

I know several people who were born out of state and they were instant approvals, what I've seen is if you put your ssn, chl and dl in, it goes faster

Last Edited:
NW Armory is still ordering for people ? I"m so confused, my friend had his order shipped Saturday from Arizona for his NW Amory order which said "in stock" he thought it was in stock at the store. Well it won't be here till tuesday/ Wed NOW WHAT?? he does have a CHL ..... but seriously that doesn't give him 3 day rule either if NW Amory is even doing that.

Since OSP just today said they're no longer prioritizing CHL holders to be processed first (front of the line/queue), we can no longer gauge progress by how CHL holders are processing through the system.
OSP has said they are now processing BGC's on a "first in, first out" basis.
This is more equitable, but will be hard to determine how many BGC's are being done daily.

Bought a little pistola a few days ago. I am a CHL holder and was instantly approved. The whole thing took 15 minutes including filling out my form. Thought I would test the waters and it paid off. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to how they are doing things.

NW Armory is still ordering for people ? I"m so confused, my friend had his order shipped Saturday from Arizona for his NW Amory order which said "in stock" he thought it was in stock at the store. Well it won't be here till tuesday/ Wed NOW WHAT?? he does have a CHL ..... but seriously that doesn't give him 3 day rule either if NW Amory is even doing that.
He could be an instant BGC clear and have no issues. I doubt NW Armory will use the 3 day rule UNLESS the TRO gets extended.

It all depens on how this court case unfolds this week. I think there is a decent chance this judge extends the TRO at least through the rest of December. He is currently hearing the case starting Tuesday and with the Oregon Supreme Court justice retiring in December + Christmas slowing the court schedule, it is unclear the AG/Governor will demand an immediate court hearing to overturn the TRO. More likely they do that in January.

Ive heard this judge in Henry county has donated to Democrats though... not a good sign, he might let this expire at the end of the week and then we live under Measure 114 for 4-5 years until the Supreme court over rules it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top