JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just purchased my first can using them as the broker (not my first can, just the process) and they really have their stuff together. I have really been impressed with how thorough they are with their requirements and their communications.

I wonder if they have some sort of agreement with the ATF. A nod and a wink kind of agreement based on the volume they broker. Something that keeps their submissions much closer to the shorter end of the waiting range than not.

I think you touched on a couple of key items. I have also noticed that Form 4's whether trust or individual seem to process through the ATF faster than those submitted by sources other than Silencer Shop. This is just my personal opinion based on posts by others on public forums and 1st hand experience.

I think these key factors helps:
- Silencershop process lends itself to fewer errors
- Forms are filled out digitally and not hand written making them easier to process/read
- Quality control is digital for finger print gathering via kiosk
- Silencershop speeds up the front end of the process over traditional methods, you go from purchase to form 4 submissions very quickly compared to other vendor work flows.
- Silencershop work flow and process is very well thought out, worked directly with the ATF and has a high level of quality control. These all contribute to faster processing and approval return.

Again, these are all my own opinion and I have no factual evidence to back up my position.

I think those are great points.

I'm one of the very few people that can't use the digital fingerprint scanner. Thankfully, I have a stack of fingerprint cards I got from WSCO last year (after a lot of work - the gal at the Beaverton outpost was awesome to work with, I need to pull her name off my cards and send Sheriff Garrett a compliment for his staff.) I mailed them in and SS scanned them in/uploaded them and now I'm GTG.

Definitely a fan of SS's process now, though. The longest Form 4 I've ever had was two years and change after multiple vendor mistakes, so I'm looking forward to a seamless process.

I have purchased my cans for from Capitol Armory (Austin TX). After screwing up my paperwork early on, which caused a 3+ month delay, I found them. I sent in 2 passport photos, 2 sets of prints (used WCSO for them), sent in a copy of my trust to put all on file. Now when I buy one I ask them to send all paperwork along too. Can and paperwork come together to the retailer, and I get the retailers signature on the copies. I then send in the $$$ for the stamp and wait....and wait....and wait.
I pay by check so that I can see exactly what day they have cashed it. That is my starting date. On my phone calendar I go out 6 months and leave a note that it has been that long. Don't even think about it until then. (lower stress levels!)

Tactical Solutions Pac Lite IV VSS
Check Cashed: 3/28/2020
Approved: 9/3/2020
Got the Call: 9/17/2020
Silencer Shop Form 4

173 days

Couple to add to the data:

Machine-gun, Form 4, Paper, FFL/SOT to (my) FFL:

• Filed: 11/21/2019
  • Approved: 1/29/2020
  • Stamp arrived much later due to FFL/SOT incompetence or USPS. Based upon how shockingly stupid and dishonest the underling at said was, I strongly suspect the former.
Silencer, Form 4, Electronic, Trust:
  • Cashed: 5/12/2020
  • Approved: 9/18/2020
  • Arrived/Picked Up: 10/6/2020

Couple to add to the data:

Machine-gun, Form 4, Paper, FFL/SOT to (my) FFL:

• Filed: 11/21/2019
  • Approved: 1/29/2020
  • Stamp arrived much later due to FFL/SOT incompetence or USPS. Based upon how shockingly stupid and dishonest the underling at said was, I strongly suspect the former.
Silencer, Form 4, Electronic, Trust:
  • Cashed: 5/12/2020
  • Approved: 9/18/2020
  • Arrived/Picked Up: 10/6/2020

This gave me a chub. I filed not long after you for my two cans. Form 4 individual. Maybe I'll be getting a call soon from my shop hehehe

Current: Check cashed 9/12/20
Expect to receive: 3/01/21

Let's see how close that ends up being. If the approvals are outpacing submissions (which I could see being possible due to limited inventory-to-market due to COVID and production shutdowns) then maybe Feb.

Would be great to note where folks are purchasing their NFA items from.

My SilencersShop direct orders are running consistently at 6-months from date of check cashing to stamp in hand. All are Form 4 trusts.

Would be great to note where folks are purchasing their NFA items from.

My SilencersShop direct orders are running consistently at 6-months from date of check cashing to stamp in hand. All are Form 4 trusts.

For the two referenced above, the machine-gun was from a dealer in Nevada. The silencer was from SilencerShop.

Form 4 trust
Rugged oculus
Cashed 4/1/20
Approved 10/06/20
In hand 10/17/20

35749E7C-2E7C-4D29-9E2A-D07853B50331.jpeg

Got my proprietary B&T GHM9 SD silencer back yesterday.

Pending: 6/2/20
Approved: 10/22/20
In hand: 11/2/20

I can get used to five months from start to finish. Still too long, but way better than the 10-12 from a few years back.

Got my Resonator K at Limitless America today!!
Dropped in to look around and the owner told me I was just cleared!!
Check cashed 5/29
Picked up 11/10

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top