JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) Insert the de rigeur pronouncements of shock, disgust, denunciation, etc.

2) Note that at the political events where people showed up armed there was no violence. Had there been been some armed attendees this despicable wretch would never have been able to to do so much harm.

3) With the makeup of the new Congress AWB2 has slim or no chance. Of course Barry the Usurper may use Executive Orders to avhieve some similar outcome. We had better mobilize our political resources and be ready for some serious threats to RKBA.

4) Ammo is always a good thing acquire.

2) Note that at the political events where people showed up armed there was no violence. Had there been been some armed attendees this despicable wretch would never have been able to to do so much harm.

3) With the makeup of the new Congress AWB2 has slim or no chance. Of course Barry the Usurper may use Executive Orders to avhieve some similar outcome. We had better mobilize our political resources and be ready for some serious threats to RKBA.

I wonder. Opening fire in a crowd might just lead to more casualties. It would take a miracle to get a clean shot with a good backstop in those conditions. Sounds like those you took this guy down did just fine with their hands and guts.

If you use foreign ammo, I'd stock up now. I don't think that the Administration needs to go to Congress to ban importation of foreigh ammo, they just decree it.

Why would any "sportsman" need a thousand rounds of Golden Tiger anyway?.........................elsullo

Why would any "sportsman" need a thousand rounds of Golden Tiger anyway?.........................elsullo

there are lots of deer out there and even I sometimes miss! :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

In the wake of the shooting down in Arizona, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another push for an "assault weapons ban" of some sort. Given the current composition of Congress, I doubt something like this will get very far. However, you never know.

So, the question is this: if you were to buy something now to "hedge your bets" in case something passed & you couldn't get an AR/AK/whatever in the future, what would it be?

Personally, I don't really want or need anything new. But, it did occur to me that we might find ourselves back in the rush we saw prior to Obama's election.

I'd buy a ton of hi cap mags for any gun I might consider buying in the future: AR, Beretta 92, H&K, more for my 3rd Gen S&Ws and Glock hi-caps in all calibers. I may bite the bullet and actually pick up an AR-pattern rifle, just in case: never can tell what kind of grandfather they may or may not work into the legislation...

The consensus seems to be magazines, I agree. There have already been two federal lawmakers who said they will introduce bills to limit magazine capacity. One of them said "no one should be allowed to buy that much ammunition". An ammunition buying limit scares me to death, since it would likely have to extend to components.

Actually, any of these are scary.

Also, they noted how an AWB didn't work but they have noticed how we buy ammo and what happens when boats don't unload at the docks or the ammo doesn't leave customs (2A retailers and so-called dealers of which I like to refer as 'Patriots-for-Profit' are out to screw there fellow gun-owner). They won't ban the ammo just make it so expensive that we can't afford to shoot it. Also I see Hoarding/Caching laws coming down the pipe line, Arsenal permits for certain quantities and inspections on the homes of NFA owners with the possibility of certain semi-autos being placed in the NFA (I mean how much longer is Barry going to allow us to have Saiga 12's?), that is what I see happening.

SF-

Last Edited:
I don't think any such bills will pass with a republican-controlled house. It's all silly talk just like the whole obama-mania thing was. We may be in for a rush on magazines though. I noticed that aimsurplus is almost completely cleaned out of all magazines. :/ Hopefully it will pass quickly.

Note that they are already proposing a ban of being within 1000 feet of "certain high ranking officials". More counterproductive laws that can make things worse rather than better.

I will most likely pick up some more glock mags just in case. Even if there isn't a ban I could use a complete set to keep in my match bag. Of course if I see any deals on FAL/AR/AK/ (insert popular model here) mags I would pick up some for future use/trade. Besides - I'd rather load one evening while watching TV than spend the time to load at the range given the option.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews