Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Next AWB push - what would you buy now?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Sun195, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

In the wake of the shooting down in Arizona, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another push for an "assault weapons ban" of some sort. Given the current composition of Congress, I doubt something like this will get very far. However, you never know.

So, the question is this: if you were to buy something now to "hedge your bets" in case something passed & you couldn't get an AR/AK/whatever in the future, what would it be?

Personally, I don't really want or need anything new. But, it did occur to me that we might find ourselves back in the rush we saw prior to Obama's election.

2. beezer66

beezer66 Salem, OR Active Member

Hi-Caps and lots of them. 10-22, Glock, AR, and AK. The prices on hi-cap mags were ridiculous during the ban. Buy them now, keep them or sell them later.

$50 for a 25 round 10-22 mag, that sells at Bi-Mart on sale for $15, good investment.
    I remember $90 for a Glock 19 hi-cap during the ban; $20 a piece, the week after it expired.

3. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

30 round mags for the AK/AR, that's about it. Oh and a copy of the 2nd Amendment mailed to Barry.

4. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I'd get a second AR-15 lower since I only have 1 right now and I'd like to build a precision rifle with a noveske upper in the future. I got plenty of AR mags. I tend to buy 1 or 2 pmags whenever I buy some other gun thing so they have been piling up and I have lots now.

Oh, I should also grab a bunch of NORMAL capacity pistol magazines since I don't have as many of those.

5. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

more beta mags, 32rnd glock mags, and 20rnd beretta px4 mags.

6. Wallygator

Wallygator Albany, OR Active Member

Barrett Model 82A1 and a few beta c-mags for the AR's.

wg

7. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I might get an Arsenal Saiga and more mags as well.

8. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

That is assuming that this "new AWB" allows for that. Just because an old bill said one thing does not mean the next will......

9. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

im just curious since i havent heard what kind of gun did he use what was the cicumstance and how is he still alive if someone stopped him

10. NuthinFancy

NuthinFancy Seattle Area Active Member

FWIW it has been reported it was this Glock seen on his Myspace page that he used

11. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Dragonov, ak-74, AR, FN, does not really matter, but something along those lines.

12. lesscubes

lesscubes Burien Member

The proper response to the shooting is Shock, Disgust, and Sorrow, not "Bend over, here comes AWB part deux."

13. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Arizona would never allow an AWB though...

14. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

if you're not allowed to sell them, they're worth more :paranoid:

15. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

well that narrows it down im not trying to be insensitive to what has happened i was just wondering what kind of stuff i was going to here on the news about those evil guns and what kind they were talking about

16. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If the next AWB comes I'll stay sitting at home and save my money. I watched the Stupid show up the first time and the time before that. And the only winners were the manufacturers and the supply chain. That took ugly black $400.00 rifles and found a way for them to sell for $1200.00 and be in short supply.

it's like they ring a bell and 1/2 the adult male population goes insane.

NO one needs 30K primers sitting at home unused. Yet I know guys who went and did just that.

Stay home don't waste your money.

BY a single shot .22 and learn how to shoot. instead

17. BrianL

BrianL Hermiston Active Member

I'm with all who said hi-cap mags. But if I had to pick a firearm, I would like a Kel Tec Sub 2000.

18. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I listened to a radio news report an hour ago. The announcer was very careful to state that the murder weapon was a "Glock 19 semi-automatic". What now, a ban on Glocks?

19. carbuncle

carbuncle South Snoho Member

I'd stock up on mags, mags and more mags. High cap mags for any gun I'm even considering buying in the future. I'd probably pick up an AR sonner than later, too: civilian ARs seem to be at top of the grabbers' list.

20. viperjody

viperjody Seattle, WA Active Member

His Glock 19 had a 30 round mag in it.