JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one would you choose?

• S&W Model 36

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • S&W Model 10

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know why this one i bought would have a slightly wider/flatter trigger? apparently it was an option.

Does anyone know why this one i bought would have a slightly wider/flatter trigger? apparently it was an option.

they usually call that a "Target Trigger". Not sure why that's on a snubbie? You'll have target hammers that are wider. Is the trigger grooved?

The wider trigger spreads the pressure across your whole finger tip and makes it feel like a couple of pounds easier to pull, I prefer the smooth trigger to the grooved one that is on my M-19. It still has a great trigger the smooth one is just my preference. The M-19 I had years ago had the standard narrow trigger and I bought one of the aftermarket smooth trigger "shoes" that converts it to a target trigger. I really liked that.

Put me down for both! And for a Police Positive Special for which I searched many a year when younger.
The pre-model 10 M&P was picked up at an estate sale, it having been a sheriff deputy carry for many a year. I like it and carry it in a shoulder harness it came in. Smith records indicate that it was made in 1935. Blue is still prevalent with some wear/browning evident on the gripframe.
Two model 36's, one a .38 snub and the other .22LR snub. The .38 carries in a jacket pocket around town and the .22 is used for small tasks around the place, generally with shorts or CB caps. Both of these revolvers are like new in appearance but are the "old style" and neither is stainless.
The Colt police Positive Special came to me after a long hunt- the guy that had it reblued it (more or less) for practice. He did an "mmm-kay" job on it and the price to me was right, and I can carry it, stash it or whatever without worrying overmuch about messing up an antique.
Since I reload I tailor my .38's- generally a big soft lead wad or semi-wad moving not too fast (I hate de-leading bores), and sometimes in the 36's some 125gr JHPs.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews