JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one would you choose?

• S&W Model 36

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • S&W Model 10

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both are classics. In a world where polymer-framed-everythings all look alike, the 36 and 10 have tons of character. Either one would do quite well in a knife fight.

Here's real life cool..
Bill on the right with his 4" K and I don't know what Jelly Bean has.. (I didn't know that bad bubblegum was so little.. but Bill was big)..

View attachment 329305

Bill Jordan was probably shooting the prototype M-19 or an early M-19, he was instrumental in its development.
He was touted as the fastest man alive, having survived several shoot outs along the Mexican border.
One hell of a peace officer!
Gabby

Bill Jordan was probably shooting the prototype M-19 or an early M-19, he was instrumental in its development.
He was touted as the fastest man alive, having survived several shoot outs along the Mexican border.
Gabby

I always dreamed of getting a 36, but they were out of my reach, and I ended up getting a Charter Arms Undercover 38.
One of the best buys I've ever made, bought it around 1970 as an off duty or undercover weapon, it is the one gun I've had longer than any other, I've carried it in my boot top clear across the country breaking many laws on CCW I'm sure, but back then I was ignorant of them and just went my merry way. No one ever told me if I was printing as that would be nearly impossible thru the boot top and my Wrangler boot jeans that covered the boots.
No I didn't have an ankle holster I just tucked it in the top of my boot and it would snuggle down around my ankle bone and most of the time I forgot it was in there. It shows the miles I put on it but I have no intention of replacing it, although my EDC is an auto loader nowadays.
Now and then I get tired of carrying it and break out the snubby for a change with a speed loader in my pocket.
Gabby

Might have "accidentally" found a Model 36, product code 101502 - but i can't find what that code means it is, or from when.

Gabby
Yea, he's well known.. great reading and writing by him.
Here's somethin somethin on Bryce..

The FBI'S Legendary Sharpshooter - Jelly Bryce

th?&id=OIP.yRUNOptp4hE2GYt9ZeQvVAEcEs&w=284&h=299&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

I always dreamed of getting a 36, but they were out of my reach, and I ended up getting a Charter Arms Undercover 38.
One of the best buys I've ever made, bought it around 1970 as an off duty or undercover weapon, it is the one gun I've had longer than any other, I've carried it in my boot top clear across the country breaking many laws on CCW I'm sure, but back then I was ignorant of them and just went my merry way. No one ever told me if I was printing as that would be nearly impossible thru the boot top and my Wrangler boot jeans that covered the boots.
No I didn't have an ankle holster I just tucked it in the top of my boot and it would snuggle down around my ankle bone and most of the time I forgot it was in there. It shows the miles I put on it but I have no intention of replacing it, although my EDC is an auto loader nowadays.
Now and then I get tired of carrying it and break out the snubby for a change with a speed loader in my pocket.
Gabby
Nice. I've got a perfect old CA off-duty that I've only shot about 100 rounds through.. I don't think I ever carried it really. I like it a lot.

OK, just grabbed this, it's a no lock 36, i'm guessing it's not very old, but still pre lock, anyone an idea on age?

100790579_580_18FDBC93A822E9FE.JPG 100790579_580_BDB2084E6F3B7C2C.JPG

Been keeping my eyes open for a 2" (actually 1 7/8") model 10 RB. Either that or 581/681 L frame 4". The 38 special is still a viable self defense round.

Very nice chief, looks brand new. I don't have the book so can't look up the date but I'd guess 1984/85. The grips should be numbered to the gun. Keep the box and grips in good shape to help the resale value down the line.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews