JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wear Birkenstocks without socks, does that count
No - just the opposite; you have to wear them with socks - that is the fashion.

Get with it!

main-qimg-0e64d5a7f2be5e83ada067fa5bcc501f.png

the recoil management system is on order
they are using a 3rd gen Smith 45 guide rod and put in a 45 Super spring
will send photos during assembly
This I am really interested in; I looked at their sight and I might want some of their stuff for my SIGs. I might ask them for something for my SIG 224 which they don't list; being a sub-compact in .40 with a short grip, the recoil is more abrupt than my 226s or 229s. The short slide of any sub-compact generally results in more abrupt recoil as the slide/gun has less time to handle the recoil. Theoretically the recoil should be the same, but in practice it is not. Some portion of recoil in semis is due to the action of the slide.

Some years ago, I had the chance to buy a collectible 1996 Lew Horton S&W Performance Center "Shorty 45" as new in case with a run of only 640 made.
I didn't know anything about Smith & Wessons Performance Center products and after buying it, I was very impressed with the craftsmanship and upgrades on the model 6513 it was based on.
The aluminum frame and shorter barrel makes it a good candidate to carry post 114 if upheld in the future.

the reason the HK45 is rated for 45 Super is the HK recoil control system
with the Smith 4506, I just over sprung it
with the Sprinco recoil management system, I'm hoping to come closer to the HK control systems
the 45 Super is still lower pressure than the 10mm, so I have no fear of frame damage on this pistol
but the recoil is aggressive with just a 20# spring
also thinking of a Wolff variable recoil spring in the 17.5# range

This I am really interested in; I looked at their sight and I might want some of their stuff for my SIGs. I might ask them for something for my SIG 224 which they don't list; being a sub-compact in .40 with a short grip, the recoil is more abrupt than my 226s or 229s. The short slide of any sub-compact generally results in more abrupt recoil as the slide/gun has less time to handle the recoil. Theoretically the recoil should be the same, but in practice it is not. Some portion of recoil in semis is due to the action of the slide.
have you looked at this one?

installed the Sprinco Recoil Management System today
the little washer is the slide bushing - aligns the guide rod and activates the 2nd stage buffer
had a 4506 spring tuning pack from Wolf
decided on 18# spring for 45 Super, as compared to 14# for 45 ACP
good recoil control with 185 gn Underwood 45 Super
still shoots 45ACP for practice, but will shoot 45 Super if I encounter dangerous game - or Big Foot

20221228_154729.jpg 20221228_154610.jpg 20221228_154653.jpg 20221228_154820.jpg

addendum:
after a couple of days shooting this wooden grip, I went back to the factory mono grip
it handles the recoil of the 45 Super better than the straight backed wooden grips
in the end:
20# hammer spring
18# recoil spring
Sprinco recoil management system
factory firing pin spring

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR