JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol, thread turned into a Vortex pissing match, OP literally admits to not fully tightened up his action, gets ignored, pissing match continues.

That was my thought; although I tightened everything down to spec using a torque wrench.

You say it's torqued correctly but perhaps it's settled. I'd grab the scope and try to see if it moves and even if it doesn't move, check the tightness by hand.
Well, before I got here it looks like the OP found at least a large part of his problem. My thoughts were were hit on by @Certaindeaf . If the screws bottomed out in the holes then they would be tight, but the base would be loose.
I own 63 kias and I drive them at 320mph for 9 billion miles and get 104 mpg. So yours can't possibly have thrown a rod
Mine tossed a timing belt cuz I wasn't cautious enough to change it. Put a belt on it and gave it to the kid. It's only a 3 cyl at idle. Runs down the road well. :D

Lol, thread turned into a Vortex pissing match, OP literally admits to not fully tightened up his action, gets ignored, pissing match continues.
Personally, I'm hoping it's not the action screw so we can get back to the Vortex thing. :D

In fact I'll add: I've never owned a Vortex scope that will shoot less than a 4" group at 100 yards with my finest rifle. :s0084:

And: I've never owned a Vortex scope that shot over 1/2" groups at 200 yards with that same rifle. :s0084:

I swear, both statements are true.

Well there's your problem!

Try not chewing crayons at the bottom of your exhale just before you pull the trigger.

;):D
Don't forget every Marine is a "Rifleman." Haha. I personally find my rifle most accurate after I lick each crayon before chambering them. For some reason though when I pull the trigger nothing comes out…. I get a lot of pit love on my end.

While I do have two Viper GenII, and three other Vipers. Here is a picture of me punching holes through coins @ 215 yards all day long with a Vortex crossfire.
Remy 700 .223 bedded & load development.

View attachment 1098609
Don't say you weren't warned:
Section 331 of Title 18
of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who "fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.

Don't say you weren't warned:
Section 331 of Title 18
of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who "fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.
What about them machines that squish pennies at the mall or fair?

Every Vietnam vet that I met as a child just all happened to Huey door gunners. 🤣
Yup. And everyone is a "door kicker" "MARSOC" "Raider" "Recon" or a "sniper." Or they will try to argue/justify how much better they are than any other MOS. Haha. When in reality the Majority of us qualify on the range once a year…

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top