JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wifey happened to catch a scum bag lazy bastard scamming with his Oregon Trail card.
What happens is you have a normal working person with their own money at a self checkout taking care of his groceries. Scammer watches, and when the shopper is done scanning everything and ready to pay, scammer sweeps in and scans his food stamp card and states hell pay for their groceries and now they need to pay him back. I guess he's hoping that the customer will be intimidated enough to fork over cash. I hope one of them tries that with me! Boy-Howdy! There's going to be scene! A BIG one!

It's amazing how many physically capable, lazy worthless people, get handed free money!

I VERY much hope one tries that with me. Since my answer would be here's the stuff YOU bought. Now I will continue to shop. Would have ZERO problem going to buy the same stuff over again. The scum can deal with the store when he says he no longer wants the stuff he just paid for.
Another thing the party who loves these people have done. Bottled water is sold on these cards. Places with a bottle deposit they walk outside, dump out the water, walk back in with the empty bottles and get cash. The people voting for this can see their taxes working for them :mad:

Free groceries for me!

More likely I chase him off before he gets the chance. I don't like people hovering around me.
She had a customer come to her and point the guy out. He'd tried with him and missed. She watched the scammer. He's stealthy! and caught him trying it with someone else. But you know how many people these days, in potland especially, have ZERO awareness of their surroundings. It's possible to get the name, or some info, on the thieving dirt bags money card and turn him in. But I doubt anything would come of it in this state.

Hey I'm hungry, I'll just call the state and they'll give me free food!

1. I doubt they would get close enough to me to pull it off. I enforce my personal space in public.
2. If they did get the swipe in, there would be no scene other than me saying "thanks" and walking out the door with my groceries, courtesy of my tax dollars.

1. I doubt they would get close enough to me to pull it off. I enforce my personal space in public.
2. If they did get the swipe in, there would be no scene other than me saying "thanks" and walking out the door with my groceries, courtesy of my tax dollars.
Especially in public! But my guess, without eve seeing you, is, he wouldn't try it! People don't walk up to me to beg all that much. They hit the wife, but I have a look of "Go ahead, make my day". Because they are on my radar from 30'-50', or more away.

I imagine the bum has to put in a PIN number 1st. So you can't just tell the dreg "Thanks "
That might be the intimidation part. There are enough people out there that won't say "NO". Especially in sewers like potland. Instead of giving the guy a straight-arm to the neck, they stand back and he hits the key-pad with the PIN. It'll be curious to see if this happens again.

That might be the intimidation part. There are enough people out there that won't say "NO". Especially in sewers like potland. Instead of giving the guy a straight-arm to the neck, they stand back and he hits the key-pad with the PIN. It'll be curious to see if this happens again.
If it's a debit card, a lot of places don't require a PIN with tap 'n go.

Looking at the typical grocery bill these days (for us it's about $150 per weekly trip) I would reckon most people no longer carry that kind of cash anymore. Seems like an ill-conceived ploy to me.

Wouldn't even bother me, I'd basically walk away and let the store figure it out seeing as how I wasn't actually cheated out of cash. The perp better of brought his own bags because he can't have mine....

If it's a debit card, a lot of places don't require a PIN with tap 'n go.
That's right! I stopped at the liquor store for a fifth of my nightly "aperitif", and the clerk took my card and instead of plugging it in and turning it so I could put in my PIN, he tapped it. NO PIN. I want to use a pin. I'll bet that the new self check-out terminals at the store are just a tap.

That's right! I stopped at the liquor store for a fifth of my nightly "aperitif", and the clerk took my card and instead of plugging it in and turning it so I could put in my PIN, he tapped it. NO PIN. I want to use a pin. I'll bet that the new self check-out terminals at the store are just a tap.
All my Credit Cards have that "Tap and Go" thing on them. Only time I have ever tried it is at a vending machine at work. So dug out my ATM cards and damned if they don't have it too. Seems this would just make fraud a lot easier if someone gets a hold of one :confused:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews