JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only reason I renewed my membership recently after a 10-15 year hiatus was to use their optometrist and get multiple pairs of glasses and a year's worth of contacts for the first time in my life.. since I had heard good things.
I'm happy I did as the final tally, all told, was/is comparable (to include membership cost) to the cheapest and not nearly as highly ranked other eyeball outfit and then internet sourcing for hardware dance out there.
I too could go on and on about costco, it's an unbelievably good store but I haven't gone back for any sort of shopping since I don't really need or want anything.
I remember a ways back they had chilled whole hanging lamb carcasses there for like $100/ea.. I still regret not getting one.
I found an Optometrist within walking distance and the customer service is amazing.

I filled up at Costco once... Once.

COS.JPG

I did that last year.

I am probably going to shop around more for frames this year as I didn't see exactly what I wanted (large round lenses) yesterday at Costco.

I also want some safety glasses for shooting/etc. and Costco said they didn't have those.
I hear you.
I tried on frames for 2 minutes, took a pic of the three styles I wanted (to include their respective bar codes) and Bob's your uncle.

I let my wife drive when we go to Costco. I will absolutely loose my shiznit dealing with the driving in and around their parking lot.
Nothing personal, but my wife and I comment on this almost every trip we make to Costco.

Unless there is a disability issue, (which I understand and empathize with) why not just drive to a parking spot farthest from the entrance and walk a maximum of 150 yards?

Nothing personal, but my wife and I comment on this almost every trip we make to Costco.

Unless there is a disability issue, (which I understand and empathize with) why not just drive to a parking spot farthest from the entrance and walk a maximum of 150 yards?
When I first was dating Wife this was something that damn near brought things to a stop. If I was driving to Wally, or mall, or Costco, I would find the first place out of the pack, easy to pull through and park. She would grumble. If it was raining I would offer to curb her, then go park. Tell her when we leave I would go get the car and come get her. She did not like that. :s0092:
If she was driving we would go into a holding pattern as she searched for a spot close to the door. It got to where I would just hop out and tell her I will meet you inside which angered her a LOT. The problem was when she did find a spot close we would come back to the car and then take forever to get out of the mess. People walking behind the car, people stopping in the middle of the lane trying to get that spot and such.

We usually park in the overflow parking lot which is across the street, but my wife likes to park close to the entrance and we have this conversation often.

I start bugging when I'm stuck in a large crowd. The absolute worst was when my wife talked me into going to Six Flags in San Antonio on Memorial Day weekend (we had season passes when the kids were little). The Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated" was my theme song that day.

When I first was dating Wife this was something that damn near brought things to a stop. If I was driving to Wally, or mall, or Costco, I would find the first place out of the pack, easy to pull through and park. She would grumble. If it was raining I would offer to curb her, then go park. Tell her when we leave I would go get the car and come get her. She did not like that. :s0092:
If she was driving we would go into a holding pattern as she searched for a spot close to the door. It got to where I would just hop out and tell her I will meet you inside which angered her a LOT. The problem was when she did find a spot close we would come back to the car and then take forever to get out of the mess. People walking behind the car, people stopping in the middle of the lane trying to get that spot and such.
I understand exactly where you're coming from. My wife is the same way when it comes to parking. She'd rather drive around for 10 minutes to find the perfect spot than to park further out and be through the front door in two.

One of the reasons my wife is my wife is due to the fact we both park as far away from the crowds as possible.

It never fails though, we'll park somewhere with nobody around for 20 spots. When we come out, there's a glob of cars parked around us.

People are strange animals.

One of the reasons my wife is my wife is due to the fact we both park as far away from the crowds as possible.

It never fails though, we'll park somewhere with nobody around for 20 spots. When we come out, there's a glob of cars parked around us.

People are strange animals.
We do see that from time to time. Park where there is no one, come out to find several cars suddenly had to park right next to us :confused:
Other night we went to dinner in our Hotrod. I parked away from others. When we came back someone had parked next to us in the same kind of vehicle. That one I did have to grin about as I am sure the driver of the other one did that due to seeing ours. :D

We do see that from time to time. Park where there is no one, come out to find several cars suddenly had to park right next to us :confused:
Other night we went to dinner in our Hotrod. I parked away from others. When we came back someone had parked next to us in the same kind of vehicle. That one I did have to grin about as I am sure the driver of the other one did that due to seeing ours. :D
Another odd thing is how people drive on highways/freeways in clumps of cars. It used to bug the krapp out of me when I wanted to drive alone and enjoy the scenery.

You are not allowed to write that without providing a picture.

When we went looking for an RT stumbled onto this one on our way out of town to look at one. Decided to buy this one. After we were already done making the deal and waiting for paperwork Wife asked me what the TA on it was for since this was an RT. I told her stood for Tit's and A$$. She was ready to tell them never mind we don't want it till the sales guy explained what it was really for :s0140:

TA.png

Oh no, you gotta cruise the lot until you see someone pop the trunk, then sit there and block traffic with your turn signal on while they load the groceries.

Tried Charleys Cheesesteaks the other day... ten bucks for a six inch half-loaf of French bread where fillings are sparse on both quantity and flavor. No crap, I took the ham Mom didn't want off her Jimmy John's Country Club of equal size roll, and that TRIPLED the meat on that bun... but just made it taste like a JJ's ham sandwich, no flavor outside that at all.

If you're within delivery range and hankering for cheesesteak, Go Philly gives you WAY more meat and a full footlong for not much more price, and Off The Chart better flavor.

Oh no, you gotta cruise the lot until you see someone pop the trunk, then sit there and block traffic with your turn signal on while they load the groceries.
Try my mother who insists on driving in circles through the parking lot waiting for "THE spot" to open despite her not going in and me having a pace where if she' just STOP THE DAMNED CAR AND LET ME GET OUT, I could be in the door and halfway through the shopping list by the time she finishes dithering, blithering and jilling off.

Yeah - silly stuff like that would probably be a deal breaker for me too. I try to find a spot closer (my back can really act up when walking, especially after walking around inside Costco or Winco for 30-60 minutes, then standing in line). But I don't go down every line in the parking lot - I scan the lot quickly for an open spot - sometimes I am lucky sometimes not.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top