JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seattle Mariners, Rep. Larsen strike out with gun owners

A report last night on KOMO that the Seattle Mariners – following a security mandate from Major League Baseball (MLB) that will apparently be in full force by 2015 – will screen all fans with metal detectors at Safeco Field starting this year has Evergreen State gun owners fuming.

<broken link removed>

So, not arguing with the fact that the whole thing sucks....but shouldn't the blame be on MLB? "following a security mandate from Major League Baseball (MLB) that will apparently be in full force by 2015 ".......

Looks like the MLB is going the same way as NFL?

You can still watch the Timbers with no metal detectors! MLS is 2nd amendment friendly!!!!!!!!!

MLS has ruled, however, that while you do not yet have to ride to the game on a fixed gear bike, it is strongly encouraged.

New owners of the Rose Garden, now Moda Center, have put up 'no firearms' signs later last year. Oddly enough, no long after i enquired as to what they would do if i carried there :(

Colosseum is still no scanners though :)

New owners of the Rose Garden, now Moda Center, have put up 'no firearms' signs later last year. Oddly enough, no long after i enquired as to what they would do if i carried there :(

So, you're the dumb@$$ who is responsible, huh?

:winkkiss:

Seriously, in my experience dealing with gun rights issues, I have endeavored to hammer would-be activists to STFU and just carry discreetly, rather than call or personally contact businesses and ask them whether they're okay with you packing hardware in their establishment. OF COURSE they're going to say "NO."

Best cure. Just stop patronizing and spending your money at those places. That many unarmed people in one location and it will be a prime target for some nut job or terrorist. We stay far from places like that.

Given that Washington law states that:

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
(5) The perimeter of the premises of any specific location covered by subsection (1) of this section shall be posted at reasonable intervals to alert the public as to the existence of any law restricting the possession of firearms on the premises.

Does this fall under the premise that it's a private entity and they can post no guns? All they can do is trespass you, right? IE, if you have a concealed permit, how can they stop you from entering per Washington state law? The law exempts us......

Yeah, um... sorry :(

So, unless they see it, then it's not there, the reason i asked is because they body scan you on the way in, although it's so lazy and just down the sides, and random. So....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top