Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New rifle headed my way!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kennedy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

Spikes has confirmed that my rifle is complete and headed my way.
    Its only been 7 weeks since I ordered it....love the rifles..hate the wait.

2. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

What lower did you get?

3. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

Spikes upper and lower. Wanted the zombie but got the standard spider lower for now.

4. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I got the Calico Jack lower at the last Eugene gun show and ordered the upper and the LPK this week. Hope they ship Friday or Monday.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

6. Oohrah

Oohrah NorthwestSouthern Oregon Coast Member

I ordered a Spike lower, with a USMC Eagle Globe and Anchor engraved for $5 more. Prompt shipment, and great buy at $250 at that time. Found them great to deal with!

7. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

So I got the rifle...only a 9 week wait...but still. I was happy. The thing is flawless. Finish is perfect..every thing that I had hoped for. But...I take it out to shoot and after a few rounds the BCG locks forward and I cant move it, at all. So the first time I Mortared it. Then after that I used a large flat head to pop the BCG back. So out of 250 rounds it happened 6 times. So then I took the rifle to a friend of mine that owns a shop and that is a gunsmith.
    He measured the locking lugs on the bolt. .286, he measured all of his bolts and his were all .280. So Im curious. Has anyone else run into this? I emailed Spikes and Im awaiting on a reply.