JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's the way I adjust them:

1. Get my firing hand in it's natural shooting position on the pistol grip.
2. Bend my elbow to 90 degrees.
3. Slide the stock back until its touching my bicep.

Done. And, it works on any adjustable stock regardless of the distance between the detents designed into the stock.

Given that you are inquiring about a so-called "weapon of war", perhaps you should contact the appropriate authority:

R (1).png

On second thought, you could just shoot it at various lengths and see what is most comfortable and accurate.

On third thought, yes, you are over-thinking it...

If you're that uncertain, forget going by feel. Get a shot timer, run some drills and check your time and accuracy on each position.

But I'm with the "you're overthinking it" crowd.

Experiment to see what works best for you. With an unloaded gun and starting either fully collapsed or extended, bring the weapon to your shoulder and acquire a sight picture on targets at various ranges, then transition between those targets. While doing that take note of your overall comfort - are any joints protesting, does anything feel over-extended, cramped, etc. Rinse and repeat at each length setting until you've tried them all.

SBR CAR stock on M4 4-position tube left/bottom, fixed A2 length skeleton stock right/top.
20230324_174906.jpg
All the way in

20230324_174829.jpg
1 click out
20230324_174846.jpg
2 clicks out
20230324_174601.jpg
3 clicks/all the way out

There are edit, few other military carbine buffer tube configurations; a 2-position and edit, and 5 and 6 positions

And then there's the "A5" configuration

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews