JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again, I don't disagree with you. Your drunk idiot wasn't the impetus for this one though - tragedies like Newtown were.
I think we're on the same page.

Although the drunk idiot, or ones like him, will unfortunately be the impetus for the next one...unless we work on personal responsibility. Obviously we don't want to be told how to store our firearms or what to do in our own homes. At the same time we like to think that we shouldn't have to tell fellow gun owners that leaving unsecured firearms in the open, unattended, and easily stolen, is stupid and irresponsible. If we in the gun community condemned the actions of the Capitol Police officer who left his gun in an open restroom, should we not also condemn the actions of the neighborhood fool who leaves his firearms in the open bed of his truck, on his front porch, or in an open garage? Because, if we don't self-police, there are numerous government authoritarians out there who would love to do it for us and to us.

Last Edited:
I don't disagree with you, just wanted to add: the rationale for this law was in the bill, or at least the first few drafts.

The primary concern was theft of a weapon followed by a mass shooting. We got this law because some gun owners didn't lock up their stuff in such a way as to keep it out of their kid's hands (and weren't paying enough attention to their kid to notice their declining mental state).

Again, I don't disagree with you. Your drunk idiot wasn't the impetus for this one though - tragedies like Newtown were.
We got this law because the anti-gun group(s) are anti-gun, period. They have no credible evidence and use antidotal stories across the board, but those carry no real weight, except to those who vote by emotions - no amount of factual evidence will change those persons minds or vote. If it wasn't this example, they'd find and use another - it's what they do and with a hundred million gun owners give or take, they'll always find other examples.

I said before, we need to stay focused - this is all about eliminating the right(s) to firearms and we must use every legal means to defeat them. Disparaging gun owners just creates more strife and internal conflict, which is another goal of theirs - like pitting hunters against other gun owners. Don't fall for it.

We got this law because the anti-gun group(s) are anti-gun, period. They have no credible evidence and use antidotal stories across the board, but those carry no real weight, except to those who vote by emotions - no amount of factual evidence will change those persons minds or vote. If it wasn't this example, they'd find and use another - it's what they do and with a hundred million gun owners give or take, they'll always find other examples.

I said before, we need to stay focused - this is all about eliminating the right(s) to firearms and we must use every legal means to defeat them. Disparaging gun owners just creates more strife and internal conflict, which is another goal of theirs - like pitting hunters against other gun owners. Don't fall for it.
I see your point, but as someone that actually shoots vs talks about it....I am all for taking away guns from your typical moron that can't shoot, has his guns laying around, and would rather run then fight anyway.

Not everyone deserves freedom, nor the ability and responsibility that comes from maintaining it.

I see your point, but as someone that actually shoots vs talks about it....I am all for taking away guns from your typical moron that can't shoot, has his guns laying around, and would rather run then fight anyway.

Not everyone deserves freedom, nor the ability and responsibility that comes from maintaining it.
I leave my car keys laying on my kitchen counter.

Are you gonna come take my car away?

Oh , and please gas it up if you do. I just dropped under half a tank.

You are the reason the 2nd amendment exists.

More like the reason condoms were invented.
Duy-aM-UUAA3CwK.jpg

Classic.
Poster child for BC.

Sigh. Such self hatred….

Pretty much every school shooting is some kid that gets ahold of Dad's guns, guns that were laying around. Can't see why anyone is against securing firearms.
The newbs sure keep things entertaining around here. You aren't even 5 hours old and the ignorance coming from your keyboard is overwhelming. :rolleyes:

I am all for taking away guns from your typical moron that can't shoot, has his guns laying around, and would rather run then fight anyway.

I'm for taking guns from convicted criminals, particularly violent ones. Otherwise, you're talking about some kind of test - to exercise a constitutional right. That strongly indicates you don't understand the nature of such rights.

Just like freedom is a right, in America anyway - and if you have to earn it, it's already been taken.

Oh look, another new opinionated know-it-all for my ever expanding ignore list.

The newbs sure keep things entertaining around here. You aren't even 5 hours old and the ignorance coming from your keyboard is overwhelming. :rolleyes:
I thought the very same thing last night when I read that. I was going to comment on it but I have ruffled a few feathers on here in the past and received a PM for it so I chose not to comment. So Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Pretty much every school shooting is some kid that gets ahold of Dad's guns, guns that were laying around. Can't see why anyone is against securing firearms.
Not even close to accurate statement! Most school shootings were done with ether stolen guns, or guns that were accessed with out permission, usually from some other kids home!

No one should be required to secure anything inside their own homes, and the Gov. should have no authority to dicktate safe storage of anything!

Not even close to accurate statement! Most school shootings were done with ether stolen guns, or guns that were accessed with out permission, usually from some other kids home!

No one should be required to secure anything inside their own homes, and the Gov. should have no authority to dicktate safe storage of anything!
Here, Here!

This is not Germany 1939, but it sure in heck is starting to feel a bit like it….

Found out today my company will be requiring papers (covid vaccine proof) in order to get back into the offices when they finally reopen…

Think I'll petition to continue to work from home full-time. It's worked for the last eighty-odd weeks…

Damn Dude, someone shook your cage today or what, couple posts in and your blastin away in every direction!
Maybe manually unload a few before posting, you seem a little uptight!

Here, Here!

This is not Germany 1939, but it sure in heck is starting to feel a bit like it….

Found out today my company will be requiring papers (covid vaccine proof) in order to get back into the offices when they finally reopen…

Think I'll petition to continue to work from home full-time. It's worked for the last eighty-odd weeks…
Maybe not with guns but it is 1938 Germany when it comes to the Vax.................................

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top