JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All real property belongs to government- we merely rent it. Try not paying property taxes and see who the REAL owner is, and it ain't the Indians...
I tell this to people all the time DunRanull. No one owns any land; they're just renting it from the government.

Although I hear there's no property tax in Alaska?

I think the yahoos should commit to only using "mostly peaceful" rocks. :s0109:
Mostly peaceful bean bags.

main-qimg-663f3f8af7e21bffc66d75c6d907f047.webp

I suppose it's the right of every community to be selective in the kinds of businesses they want to permit. However, the hysteria about attracting sleazeballs is mostly unfounded.
This may be true and while the hysteria is mostly unfounded as you said, most of the responses were incredibly ignorant and infantile - and somewhat ironic considering the manner in which most were written seems to suggest this is 'intellectual' and 'enlightened' community.

However if this is the case then it 'translates' into what is no doubt a liberal, artful, primarily democratic community which speaks volumes about the content and manner of the responses which were mostly presumptuous, critical and somewhat prejudicial.

Last Edited:
All real property belongs to government- we merely rent it. Try not paying property taxes and see who the REAL owner is, and it ain't the Indians...
My philosophy is that since the earth was here long before humans, and since it is a finite resource that is extremely valuable for survival, land is theoretically owned by no one entity. It is one of those resources that we must share and protect, like water or air.

Those humans who occupy a land area/region first, who live on it and use it wisely, are those who probably should have the most say in its use. We generally call these people aboriginals or indigenous peoples. Coming along and claiming land by force is not ethical.

Paying taxes for certain services (e.g., fire protection, law enforcement, land management) is a practical and ethical practice.

Paying taxes for certain services (e.g., fire protection, law enforcement, land management) is a practical and ethical practice.
This is valid to a point. However this concept is apt to be abused by local governments that have gotten accustomed to easy spending.

This is valid to a point. However this concept is apt to be abused by local governments that have gotten accustomed to easy spending.
Of course. Pols & bureaucrats love to dip into the tax revenue well and spend the publics money like there is no end to the money and there is nothing that is a bad idea to spend the money on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top