JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NWAOnline? I had no idea the NWA had gone into the news reporting business!

1685903398571.png

And the people of Eureka Springs seems to be full of judgmental, conceited pricks. That's not a place I'd want to start a business.

Can virtually guarantee some of the types objecting to the gun shop have some variety of "no human being is illegal on stolen land, all are welcome" virtue signal signage on their property. But a gun shop wants to open business nearby and suddenly, "We just worry about the kinds of people it might attract."

Can virtually guarantee some of the types objecting to the gun shop have some variety of "no human being is illegal on stolen land, all are welcome" virtue signal signage on their property. But a gun shop wants to open business nearby and suddenly, "We just worry about the kinds of people it might attract."
I hold that land is something shared by everybody, and that when we buy it we pay for the relatively exclusive use of it. I also hold that much of the land was "stolen" from indigenous peoples, so ownership is questionable - if not in a practical sense, then in an ethical sense.

OTOH, we do have the right to have zoning laws/regs/rules.

On the other other hand, zoning laws that don't pre-emptively prohibit specific businesses for valid reasons, should allow a LGS as a business.

I suppose it's the right of every community to be selective in the kinds of businesses they want to permit. However, the hysteria about attracting sleazeballs is mostly unfounded. Seems like people patronizing this kind of business would be coming mostly from within their own community. Therefore, the sleazeballs would be their own.

There is a theory (or empirical) observation that groups of people tend to have matching opinions to feel as they are part of their surrounding group.

I hold that land is something shared by everybody, and that when we buy it we pay for the relatively exclusive use of it. I also hold that much of the land was "stolen" from indigenous peoples, so ownership is questionable - if not in a practical sense, then in an ethical sense.

OTOH, we do have the right to have zoning laws/regs/rules.

On the other other hand, zoning laws that don't pre-emptively prohibit specific businesses for valid reasons, should allow a LGS as a business.
All real property belongs to government- we merely rent it. Try not paying property taxes and see who the REAL owner is, and it ain't the Indians...

I loved this response by one of the town's Nervous Nellies...

From the article:
"I believe there are a number of people in town who do not want the gun shop, but most people are afraid to speak out because they're afraid the yahoos will come after them with their guns or throw rocks through their windows," she said.

You mean, exactly the same kind of yahoos as BLM, Pantifa, BAMN, and other Leftist agitators doing that exact same thing for the past 6 -7 years nationwide? Like intimidating people and threatening violence upon conservatives when they find them praying in front of abortion centers, or living in "gentrified" areas of downtowns, or attending a Trump rally? The same kind of yahoos that intimidate and make credible assassination threats against SCOTUS justices? Those kinds of yahoos doing those kinds of things??? Talk about hypocrisy... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top