JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed> .

Trying to imply that these guns should be destroyed.... NOT that the criminals who are committing criminal acts should be punished....

Imagine that...

New News Headline:
Police sell automobile at auction that was then used in a DUI incident, reporter finds Police are contributing to drunk driving in WA State. :eek:

People are accountable for their actions not the tool of choice they use in their criminal actions. If this were not the case guns and cars would be placed in jail not the perps.

This starts a slippery slope. There is no difference between an LEO agency legally selling confiscated guns or a private citizen selling to a dealer. Start making LEO agencies destroy guns next comes the private citizen. I believe one of the surreptitious goals of antis is to limit (or eliminate) sales of used guns in general.

Sooooo... a dozen guns out of 6000 since 2010?
Shall I mention that their first example was not only from 2009, but also did not involve the discharge of a firearm?

I'm currently high bidder on a Police trade-in 6904 (this has nothing to do with the story... I'm just kind of excited)

My MAK-90 still has the evidence # on the receiver cover. I'm not sure what crime it was involved in years ago, but it hasn't jumped out of the safe and committed any more. I guess it turned it's life around and decided to live as a law abiding gun.

When they know that facts, logic and reason are not on their side, they have to create a different narrative. And since the average 'low information' voter has undeveloped/underdeveloped critical thinking skills, they buy that garbage hook, line and sinker. Not really sure how best to counter this level of BS except to look for those individuals who may actually have the ability to see past the fear-mongering and really think through the reality - and there are some out there. Unfortunately, there are far too many of the SJW types, ready to trigger at the drop of a hat. Misinformation is our opponent, and that's a hard one to beat when they refuse to think rationally.

Seriously Lorcin 380 should be issued to every gang banger to give the public a fighting chance.

Lets start talking about removing 1A rights over social media and wait for the push back. If I call an unorganized rally and someone gets hurt or killed does that make twitter or FB the cause? Someone in December got Swatted and wrongly killed by police. Is it Playstation's fault?

What if Federal Law "Felon in Possession of a Firearm" mandatory 10 years in prison
was enforced?:eek: What? Drug dealers with stolen guns? We need to restrict law
abiding gun owners THEY are the problem.:confused:

The best thing about blaming a gun or any object for a issue...is that the gun can't argue back.
It is no one's fault if the object is to blame...no one has to take any real important steps at coming up with a actual solution to the problem either that way.

So it is far easier to blame a object for the problem , than to take a long hard look at ourselves to see if we caused or are part of the problem.

Of course the fallacy of this line of thinking and blaming , is this shown by this example :
I can take a gun , load it , cock it , take the safety off and lay it on a table beside...A sharp kitchen knife...A bottle of bleach...a hammer or car keys.

If I do nothing to any of these items , nothing will happen...the objects themselves can do nothing...but if I misuse any of the above , then someone could get hurt or die.
But again the object itself did noting , until I misused it.

However , in the famous words of Strother Martin : "What we have here is failure to communicate...Some men you just can't reach..."
Some folks who want or need to blame the object will not be able to see the fallacy of that way of thinking no matter what you say or do.
Andy

The best thing about blaming a gun or any object for a issue...is that the gun can't argue back.
It is no one's fault if the object is to blame...no one has to take any real important steps at coming up with a actual solution to the problem either that way.

So it is far easier to blame a object for the problem , than to take a long hard look at ourselves to see if we caused or are part of the problem.

Of course the fallacy of this line of thinking and blaming , is this shown by this example :
I can take a gun , load it , cock it , take the safety off and lay it on a table beside...A sharp kitchen knife...A bottle of bleach...a hammer or car keys.

If I do nothing to any of these items , nothing will happen...the objects themselves can do nothing...but if I misuse any of the above , then someone could get hurt or die.
But again the object itself did noting , until I misused it.

However , in the famous words of Strother Martin : "What we have here is failure to communicate...Some men you just can't reach..."
Some folks who want or need to blame the object will not be able to see the fallacy of that way of thinking no matter what you say or do.
Andy

But I'm not responsible for my actions, Andy. I was compelled by the gun to grab it and accidently shoot someone. I've actually heard a friend of mine say he doesn't want a gun in his house because he doesn't trust himself to never use it on himself. That's the sort of mentality going on. That objects can cast spells on otherwise rational people to do irrational actions.

I can understand the friend not trusting himself....its always good to know thyself ...so to speak...and take measures to adapt and survive.

But I can not understand the "I was compelled by the gun to grab it and accidentally shoot someone"
To be compelled is to be forced...How can a inanimate object force anyone to do anything?
Andy

I'm not so sure about the knowing thyself relation. I believe it still stemmed from the irrational fear, similar to the reason why people think a loaded gun on a table is a threat without being used.

Well I do not know your friend...so I really can't comment anymore on that score.
I do however , think it is a wise idea to take stock of yourself from time to time to see if all is well mentally , spiritually and physically...Hence my thought on "Know thyself"...
Andy

Well I do not know your friend...so I really can't comment anymore on that score.
I do however , think it is a wise idea to take stock of yourself from time to time to see if all is well mentally , spiritually and physically...Hence my thought on "Know thyself"...
Andy
I agree with you on the "know thyself" idea. I recently read an article in the stranger in which the author bought a gun for the first time and wrote about his experiences with buying a gun, applying for a concealed carry permit, carrying the gun, etc... While it was the typical anti-gun type of angle you would expect to see in the stranger, I did find it interesting when he detailed his bouts with depression and suicidal ideation. In fact, one of the first things he admitted doing when he brought his new pistol home was to load it and put the barrel up to his head (he may have even put it in his mouth? I can't remember exactly). He made the wise decision to get rid of the gun after he was done with his research. I believe that everyone should own a gun, except for the people who shouldn't own a gun - and I think that depression plus suicidal ideation does not add up to a person who should have the keys to their gun safe. (I'm not advocating for extreme risk protection orders here or anything like that... Again- know thyself) I felt like, in this case, the reporters self awareness probably saved his landlord from the trauma of having to scrub grey matter off the ceiling of his apartment.

I can understand the friend not trusting himself....its always good to know thyself ...so to speak...and take measures to adapt and survive.

But I can not understand the "I was compelled by the gun to grab it and accidentally shoot someone"
To be compelled is to be forced...How can a inanimate object force anyone to do anything?
Andy

It's called 'irony', Sir. It is not intended to be literally true.

tac

It's called 'irony', Sir. It is not intended to be literally true.

tac
I get "irony" every morning....don't like wrinkles on my shirts...:D

I actually like irony...just that sometimes with electric communication ....its difficult to read all of the nuances of the English language in a post.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top