JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The new CRKT Shrill

YiVUbdGfqOa0zEL4hQSAqLWNf73kaOAKtfriIOCjJi_7aciOTOWoMm-hFvEhdNAu35pUjPlA8KVg-MQl1suh5Iv2=s853-no.jpg
So far I've had it a whole couple hours. Edge is OK, just needs a little honing. I've not had anything with fiberglass grips before, and they're kinda hairy. The only real complaint I have, and I knew this going in, is the leather boot sheath. With it's intent as a boot knife, it fits the bill. The clip is nice and strong; the leather nice. However, I'm going for a horizontal waistband carry. I'll be either making, or have made, a kydex sheath for this purpose. Balance is nice, and just behind the upper grip screw. It feels great in my off-hand, and even better in my strong hand.

as per CRKT:

Dimensions
Open Overall Length: 8.688 inches
Weight: 4.3 ounces

Blade
Length: 4.769 inches
Thickness: 0.152 inches
Material: 8Cr13Mov
Blade-HRC: 58-60
Finish: Titanium Nitride
Grind: Hollow
Style: Spear Point
Edge: Dual Plain

Handle
Material: Polished Resin Infused Fiber

Carry
Carry System: Leather Sheath
Weight: 2.2 ounces

The new CRKT Shrill

View attachment 303619
So far I've had it a whole couple hours. Edge is OK, just needs a little honing. I've not had anything with fiberglass grips before, and they're kinda hairy. The only real complaint I have, and I knew this going in, is the leather boot sheath. With it's intent as a boot knife, it fits the bill. The clip is nice and strong; the leather nice. However, I'm going for a horizontal waistband carry. I'll be either making, or have made, a kydex sheath for this purpose. Balance is nice, and just behind the upper grip screw. It feels great in my off-hand, and even better in my strong hand.

as per CRKT:

Dimensions
Open Overall Length: 8.688 inches
Weight: 4.3 ounces

Blade
Length: 4.769 inches
Thickness: 0.152 inches
Material: 8Cr13Mov
Blade-HRC: 58-60
Finish: Titanium Nitride
Grind: Hollow
Style: Spear Point
Edge: Dual Plain

Handle
Material: Polished Resin Infused Fiber

Carry
Carry System: Leather Sheath
Weight: 2.2 ounces
I've been looking for just such a knife. CRKT is great quality; been carrying a M16-14ZSF for a long time and it's super durable. Where and how much, if I may ask?

Is that sharp on both edges?

"It is illegal in Oregon to conceal carry, on your person, a dirk, dagger, or stabbing knife, a butterfly knife, gravity knife, or any knife with a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force."

From the picture it looks like a dirk or dagger to me - note IANAL.
dirk: "a type of dagger (= small pointed knife) used as a weapon in Scotland in the past"
dagger: "a short, pointed knife that is sharp on both sides, used esp. in the past as a weapon"

You can own, sell, enjoy. Just don't get caught in public with one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top