JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, other then a fidget and unusual knife my only use for this would be self defense.

I have other knives that would work about as well (I prefer a reverse grip while using a blade anyway) but all of them have a longer blade then many places allow and this one gets around some of those things and stays in the realm of most likely legal in any city, county or state.

I don't have a black belt in anything but I spent my youth fighting and my younger years in many different martial arts, I doubt I'll ever be in a situation I can't de escalate due to my physical size and demeanor but I hope to never need my CC either.
I was just curious.

Personally I would go with a fixed blade over a folder if it was going to be designated as a self defense option.

But if one is concerned with legalities then I totally understand.

I was just curious.

Personally I would go with a fixed blade over a folder if it was going to be designated as a self defense option.

But if one is concerned with legalities then I totally understand.
I'm not one to necessarily follow every rule out there to a T but Vancouver city has banned all fixed blade knives (you can have one in your tackle box or hunting bag etc if going to or from an activity like that). You literally can not legally have a 1" fixed neck knife on you….

It's ludicrous. My wife laughs at me as I swap from a large or fixed blade knife I usually carry in the house to a 3" folder and grab for my gun on the way out the door.

Thank whoever that I don't actually live in the city limits but we are close enough that it isn't unheard of to go somewhere we didn't plan that happens to be in city limits.

Long story shorter, when it comes to self defense, I try my best to not give anyone any reason to add charges or even charge me for defending my family or myself.

I'd like to add that if I knew before what I know now I would have asked for one of their multiple all steel and aluminum versions.

They aren't totally outrageously priced and for what it's purpose is for me it might be nice to have a slightly heavier knife but ultimately I'm happy with it and feel confident it would do what it's built for should I ever run into so much trouble that it warranted deployment.

I'm not one to necessarily follow every rule out there to a T but Vancouver city has banned all fixed blade knives (you can have one in your tackle box or hunting bag etc if going to or from an activity like that). You literally can not legally have a 1" fixed neck knife on you….

It's ludicrous. My wife laughs at me as I swap from a large or fixed blade knife I usually carry in the house to a 3" folder and grab for my gun on the way out the door.

Thank whoever that I don't actually live in the city limits but we are close enough that it isn't unheard of to go somewhere we didn't plan that happens to be in city limits.

Long story shorter, when it comes to self defense, I try my best to not give anyone any reason to add charges or even charge me for defending my family or myself.
All I will say is oops…. Haha.

I carry an aluminum / steel Provoke in my left back pocket every day. It's function is solely for when someone gets inside my perimeter and a knife is the best response tool. It is well designed for that. I'm a bit of a knife geek though, I carry a full size Gerber Applegate Fairburn Combat folder in my right side pocket. I carry a small Gerber folding pocket knife for opening boxes.
The polymer Provokes are significantly cheaper than the Aluminum ones.

My go to defensive blade.

With that being said my opinions on the legalities of fixed blades falls into line with my outlook on "high capacity" also known as standard mags.

F815E22F-F9F6-4C9C-A297-7E86901199CE.jpeg

For self defense that fits in the coin pocket personally I think this is more effective:

2D09E8C3-7DEF-4A29-85FA-6D0C068E03F3.jpeg
But if it can't be a gun or for edc knife I've been blown away with Civivi D2 knives. 3.8" hollow ground blade on this asticus model that I use for everything and takes forever to get dull. 3.7" Civivi incite carbon fiber/g10 has beefier blade but still thin enough to be a great blade. Something they do with heat treat I guess makes them hold an edge longer than any of the other D2 blades I have, as in way, way longer. Action is a dream on these. Cost is $55-$72ish depending on where bought. I stopped using other knives after getting these and even stopped using my high end syderco edc knife altogether as I much prefer using these. Finger choil makes precise cutting a breeze and makes a big blade feel like a smaller more precise blade.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top