JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The design of our economy requires continuous growth or a collapse would occur. Some wealthy people also plan for their finances and family to continuously grow even beyond their last breath.

How do you envision the growth of your finances and family after you have passed?

My kids are not likely to have kids of their own so my family lineage may end with them. I have no plans for my net worth to grow after I have moved on. I guess that could be viewed as a collapse of the family and finances. Hopefully it will occur as a slow winding down of family operations rather than a sudden collapse.

What could an average Joe leave behind that would continue growing financially and provide a small degree of philanthropic benefit to society?

What about your scab collection?

Scab Pickers--Do you save your scabs?
I can place the time that I started collecting my scabs. I was ten. I thought it looked really cool so I taped it to a sheet of black paper and hid it. I don't know what happened to it. My mom probably found it and didn't reconize what it was. Now I save as many as I can. I occasionaly look through them, especially the ones I really like. Yes, I like some scabs more than others. Does anyone else here do this, or is that specific to me?

My kids are not likely to have kids of their own so my family lineage may end with them.
Oh thank GAWD the nightmare will someday END!

:s0118:

;):D

What about your scab collection?

Scab Pickers--Do you save your scabs?
I can place the time that I started collecting my scabs. I was ten. I thought it looked really cool so I taped it to a sheet of black paper and hid it. I don't know what happened to it. My mom probably found it and didn't reconize what it was. Now I save as many as I can. I occasionaly look through them, especially the ones I really like. Yes, I like some scabs more than others. Does anyone else here do this, or is that specific to me?

W…. T…. A….. F?! o_O

:s0170:

Is it the material items or bank account that you leave? Is that all there is to our legacy?

I don't subscribe to that notion.

The GDP will keep growing as long as the population keeps growing. Not much we can do about that.

Many people donate a chunk of cash to a trust and the interest income pays for things they support (in perpetuity). For example, it could be a scholarship. You can even specify what you want it to go for, so no commies can ever win it. You can also put your name on it. I think a lawyer can set this up for a few hundred bucks.

I thought about leaving a gift to the range when I die. I do have a couple of favorite nieces and nephews I'm keeping an eye on too. When I see all the wet noodles walking their "fur babies" I think it's only a matter of time before everything I love devolves into a dirty rajneesh hippie orgy. But I guess I'll be dead anyway.

The GDP will keep growing as long as the population keeps growing. Not much we can do about that.

Many people donate a chunk of cash to a trust and the interest income pays for things they support (in perpetuity). For example, it could be a scholarship. You can even specify what you want it to go for, so no commies can ever win it. You can also put your name on it. I think a lawyer can set this up for a few hundred bucks.

I thought about leaving a gift to the range when I die. I do have a couple of favorite nieces and nephews I'm keeping an eye on too. When I see all the wet noodles walking their "fur babies" I think it's only a matter of time before everything I love devolves into a dirty rajneesh hippie orgy. But I guess I'll be dead anyway.
A trust would be an option or if I want to mix and mingle with the Gates, I may want a Private Foundation. :)

Or I could bury treasures all over the place.

Actions, Memories & Shared Experiences.
The most valuable inheritance, that I received, was information passed to me from the above.
I will be passing these along to Family, Friends, and Acquaintances.
It is up to them to make profit from what I share...if they so choose.

What's left after you're dead?
Hopefully, you've passed along your beliefs, your attitude, your zeal for life and your desire to remain free and the notion that these are worth fighting for.

Very few are born with a silver spoon and the attitude that's it's up to you to make your own fortune (whatever that is to you) and no one else will better serve the next generation...but I digress.

Hopefully, you've passed along your beliefs, your attitude, your zeal for life and your desire to remain free and the notion that these are worth fighting for.

Very few are born with a silver spoon and the attitude that's it's up to you to make your own fortune (whatever that is to you) and no one else will better serve the next generation...but I digress.
Unfortunately my ex and I raised two government trusting gun haters. I am 0 for 2 in that department. Maybe they will share my zeal for life. First the oldest needs a job, the youngest needs a better job.

I have to echo what @DB is Here and some others have said: my primary legacy to my children would not be material, but rather our faith, values, shared experiences, family traditions, etc. While financial security is obviously important, it is not as much as those things, and it is so often fleeting. I do not know yet if I will have grandchildren, but this would be an immeasurable blessing if I did.

We have made preparations for our children though. For example, I had all the paperwork for their UTMAs ready to go before they were born and have continued to work on said over the years. I hope that they may start adult life with some resources for higher education, good living arrangements, etc. I love my parents and believe they are good people who did their best, but they did not make any such preparations, so hope to do better for my own children.

So never-ending growth? No. Take care of business, including intergenerational wealth. Do the best you can with what you got. Enjoy the precious, irreplaceable time you have with those you love. Try not to worry about it all, and have some fun while doing so, because we all only have some many trips around the sun on this little blue marble in the dark.

A trust would be an option or if I want to mix and mingle with the Gates, I may want a Private Foundation. :)

Or I could bury treasures all over the place.
There have been a couple of people who left buried treasure and books with the clues to find it Look up Forrest Fenn, and others like him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top