JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey,
picked up an Aero M5 Receiver set from another outstanding member here. I'm using it to build a 7mm-08 rig.
The barrel is on the way, drop in trigger, charging handle, BCG, etc.
I need the handguard, forward assist mechanism, and "anti-walk" trigger pins.

I'm not finding pins specified for 308 DPMS pattern rifles. Also, all the forward assist pins that I see are specified for AR15. Suggestions?

As far as handguards, my receiver set is the high profile (.210" Picatinny tang). Questions on that:
  • Are the M5E1 handguards worth it?
  • Has anyone tried handguards from Midwest Industries?
Thanks in advance. Happy New Year!

Last Edited:
All AR 15 LPK parts are compatible with LR 308 with the exception of takedown pins and the bolt release. The AP and MI handguards are both good to go.

While that might be accurate I have found it necessary to buy the AR10 mag release from Armalite so that you get an acceptable amount of threads into the mag button, its about an 1/8" longer than a AR15. I use thier bolt release as well as its just beefier.

Also buffers are an issue, I think all 308 carbine buffers will work but you need to make sure the travel is right or the bolt carrier will crash into the lower receiver leaving ugly marks. If you need to limit the travel a quarter or two in the bottom of the RE will work nicely.

I have one of the gen II Aero 15" 308 handguards and like it. My only complaint would be that its pretty fat and I like slim but I am using the enhanced Aero upper receiver and it just makes for a solid, simple set up.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads