JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would recommend starting with a few army FM's:

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

I would also highly recommend obtaining print copies of: "where there is no doctor" "where there is no dentist" and a number of the other books available from hesperian.org. If you want to get your feet wet check out the PDFs:

Books and Resources | Hesperian Health Guides

Note: I don't consider SHTF to be a run-and-gun sprint, you will likely get more use out of a shovel, mattock, adze, hoe and rake than you ever will with a rifle. Learning how to not die of common diseases and learning how to avoid them is job 1, putting seeds in the ground, and having them turn into edible plants is job 2, being sure you don't die of hypothermia is job 3, I'm sure somewhere you may be called to defend yourself in there, but that's pretty low on the list of daily priorities.

"The Encyclopedia of Country Living" Carla Emery

"Back to Basics" A compilation from Reader's Digest

"How to Survive the End of the World as We Know it" James Wesley Rawles

"Do it Yourself Medicine" Ragnar Benson

"Survivalists Medicine Chest" Ragnar Benson

"Perennial Vegetables" Chelsea Green

Learn as much as you can about as much as you can NOW. You get the idea....

I like the Cody Lundin series on survival, Ragnar's Urban Survival book, and of course Brushfire Plague for good fiction and a way to hook others into the need to prepare!

Subscription to Backwoods Home
Where there is no Doctor
Foxfire Series
When All H#ll Breaks Loose
Bushcraft (Kochanski)
Basic Country Skills
Encyclopedia of Country Living
Maps of your area

Wow... No one mentioned the Bible. The Old Testament is filled with tactics used to overcome larger forces. Back when it was really Do Unto Others..

On a serious note...
For Christmas I got "Field and Stream: The Total Outdoorsman Manual" Lots of good information in it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top