JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I will be getting my CHL soon and I'm not sure I realized how many brands of holsters and styles there were.

I know like with most things it will take some time and personal opinion on what I end with but wouldn't mind getting pointed I'm the right direction.

I am 6' 1" and 280lbs up from 240 before the quarantine. Never had an interest in appendix carry so I have been looking at strong side(2 to 5) IWB and OWB holsters. I have compiled a short list of similar holsters and was wanting to bounce it off the experience of the forum.

Right now I'm leaning towards one with more adjustability but I really like the how secure the belt loops look compared to some of the belt hooks and paddles.

Thanks for your input NWFA

Take a look at the Versacarry Zero Bulk IWB. It is extremely comfortable and is under twenty bucks. BiMart or online at versacarry.com. For a 9mm it's the best concealment option IMHO.

Have fun with that box of holsters.
Welcome to this club. And wise of you to ask for input to keep the number of holsters in this box smaller. Here is my $.02, have and use several Vedder both IWB and OWB holsters and none of them have made it to "the box" yet. I have not used the Safariland you noted but I did carry one of their OWB duty belt holsters that had the middle finger release and liked the retention and ease of use. Not sure how it translates to an IWB holster. Good luck with your quest.

I have a variety off holsters but honestly my favorite ones are from alien gear they have a bunch of good options I currently run the rapid force duty holster with my glock 22 but there is plenty of options and quality made in idaho

Personally, I'm a fan of belly bands for concealed carry. Inexpensive, super comfortable, and you can set it up just about any way you want.

For open carry, I use a Blackhawk Omnivore because it allows me to carry my Glock 17 MOS with the Streamlight on it and provides retention.

Don't forget you're going to need a $60.00-$120+ gun belt to go with all those holsters! :D

I have a Desantis 019 OWB for my S&W shield that works for me the little I carry it.

Ted Blocker in Tigard.
Ooo, yes! If he doesn't have a mold for your particular gun, you take the gun in and he custom makes it. Wifey's first carry gun, a Ruger SP101, got a Ted Blocker holster. ended up to heavy for her and now she carries a Sig 938.

I currently have five Ted Blocker holsters, one on order and countless others that were sold with guns of the past. They made a custom gun sling and a knife sheath for me as well.

I have definitely been giving alien gear a look, the reviews are really up and down but the option to try a bunch of stuff or a la carte your choices is nice. I was going to get a mold for the pistol and a couple belt loops to switch between strong side and crossdraw for driving. Still might go with this option because it's very cheap and offers expansion to other carry styles. Safariland does too, to a different degree.

I hear amazing things about Ted Blocker and as far as belts go. I wear a grip6 which pretty rigid if you've never worn one. I've had mine everyday for almost 5 years and has almost 0 wear. I think it's high tensile nylon fiber weave that has a breaking strength of > 2000lbs. At least that's the spiel from the website lol I've gotten a few free ones disc golfing but only ever used the first one I got. Lifetime guarantee too.

I really appreciate all the input guys. Do any of you switch your carry position when you get in the car and drive? Or remove your holster?

I have definitely been giving alien gear a look, the reviews are really up and down but the option to try a bunch of stuff or a la carte your choices is nice. I was going to get a mold for the pistol and a couple belt loops to switch between strong side and crossdraw for driving. Still might go with this option because it's very cheap and offers expansion to other carry styles. Safariland does too, to a different degree.

I hear amazing things about Ted Blocker and as far as belts go. I wear a grip6 which pretty rigid if you've never worn one. I've had mine everyday for almost 5 years and has almost 0 wear. I think it's high tensile nylon fiber weave that has a breaking strength of > 2000lbs. At least that's the spiel from the website lol I've gotten a few free ones disc golfing but only ever used the first one I got. Lifetime guarantee too.

I really appreciate all the input guys. Do any of you switch your carry position when you get in the car and drive? Or remove your holster?
I've been wearing my Ted Blocker belt almost daily for about ten years.

I don't switch positions but I will take it off for long drives, like multiple hour drives. Anything less than about 3 hours I can leave it on and drive just fine. I EDC a G48 in a IWB at about 7 o'clock (I'm lefty).

Like most here I've got a big box full of various holters from cheapo to very expensive and every carry method know to man and then some...
For a first hoster I'd recommend going with a Fobus paddle holster, simple eficient design, inexpensive, easy on and off, secure and long lasting. Start with that instead of spending the big bucks right out of the gate.

Like most here I've got a big box full of various holters from cheapo to very expensive and every carry method know to man and then some...
For a first hoster I'd recommend going with a Fobus paddle holster, simple eficient design, inexpensive, easy on and off, secure and long lasting. Start with that instead of spending the big bucks right out of the gate.

A Fobus paddle holster for EDC is a waste of money IMO. Lousy concealment, lousy holster to be honest.

@BrandonOR I wouldn't recommend it for your EDC.

E68BFDFD-33E9-4494-B603-86C6170B553C.jpeg EFF3195A-B9DC-4265-8A3A-ACE2C57A186F.jpeg 21D0A73C-0146-4F69-989B-B5973B646360.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top